Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: How to post a feedback?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:55 pm 

How can I post a feedback? Shall I use a search function and find the seller? I tried but failed to find a search field.

I contacted the moderators three times reporting the seller's improper behaviour and unwillingness to resolve the problem, but no measures have been taken, though the moderators advised me to report teh problem using the Report This Ad function, which I did. I explain again that the cassette tape recorder purchased from him does not work and he does not answer my numerous e-mails. The fact that he refused to accept Paypal payment and insisted that I transfer the money to his bank account should serve as a warning for audiophile community. Does it mean the moderators support this person? I believe I am fully entitled to post a feedback.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:06 pm 

Go to find user on left side of front page about half way down .Punch in username.Click on his ads and you will see his sold items.Click on yours and leave feedback

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:16 am 

Responder wrote:
How can I post a feedback? Shall I use a search function and find the seller? I tried but failed to find a search field.

I contacted the moderators three times reporting the seller's improper behaviour and unwillingness to resolve the problem, but no measures have been taken, though the moderators advised me to report teh problem using the Report This Ad function, which I did. I explain again that the cassette tape recorder purchased from him does not work and he does not answer my numerous e-mails. The fact that he refused to accept Paypal payment and insisted that I transfer the money to his bank account should serve as a warning for audiophile communirty. Does it mean the moderators support this person? I believe I am fully entitled to post a feedback.

I remember reading your complaint here before, I was hoping that this would get resolved in a positive manner, and I am sorry to learn that it has not.
Not sure what kind of cassette deck you are looking for, but I would be more then happy to give you, free of charge, an Onkyo TA 2048, it is a three head cassette deck, all you have to do is pay for shipping. Let me know if this offer interest you. In the mean time, I am still hopeful that this issue of yours would get resolved.

-- 01 Jul 2017 12:20 --

Responder wrote:
The fact that he refused to accept Paypal payment and insisted that I transfer the money to his bank account should serve as a warning for audiophile communirty.

Yes, that is indeed a warning sign, I really feel your anger and frustration.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:18 am 

Did you succeed leaving a feedback ?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:49 pm 

Thank you for your support, gentlemen. Luckily, I solved this problem myself – I decided to open the top cover to see what’s inside, and I saw that two PCBs came out of their slots (there are several vertical PCBs positioned in slots which keep them in place). I carefully put them in place, closed the cover, made a test recording, and it works!
The problem was obviously caused by mishandling, but the seller’s only fault was that he ignored my complaints.

As for the feedback, I believe that no feedback in this situation is equal to positive feedback.

-- 01 Jul 2017 20:54 --

naimkid wrote:
Responder wrote:

I contacted the moderators three times reporting the seller's improper behaviour and unwillingness to resolve the problem, but no measures have been taken, though the moderators advised me to report teh problem using the Report This Ad function, which I did. I explain again that the cassette tape recorder purchased from him does not work and he does not answer my numerous e-mails. The fact that he refused to accept Paypal payment and insisted that I transfer the money to his bank account should serve as a warning for audiophile communirty. Does it mean the moderators support this person? I believe I am fully entitled to post a feedback.

I remember reading your complaint here before, I was hoping that this would get resolved in a positive manner, and I am sorry to learn that it has not.
Not sure what kind of cassette deck you are looking for, but I would be more then happy to give you, free of charge, an Onkyo TA 2048, it is a three head cassette deck, all you have to do is pay for shipping. Let me know if this offer interest you. In the mean time, I am still hopeful that this issue of yours would get resolved.

-- 01 Jul 2017 12:20 --

Responder wrote:
The fact that he refused to accept Paypal payment and insisted that I transfer the money to his bank account should serve as a warning for audiophile communirty.

Yes, that is indeed a warning sign, I really feel your anger and frustration.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:11 pm 

In the first thread you started about this issue (now locked by a moderator), you stated that "I was visited by a tech and he could not find the reason why thin unit does not work." How could this so-called 'tech' miss something so obvious. It seems to me that you might have exaggerated things. No?

If you can use one of those newfangled Internets, you can post photos in your damn classified ads. :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:25 pm 

Good point. Now I wonder why that "tech" did not ask me to open the cover. It just did not come to his mind (and to my mind either). It was a casual check, he visited me for other business, and I asked him if he had any idea about this failure.

Yes, it appears that I exaggerated things and had no patience, but before I solved the problem, I wrote a polite letter to the seller asking to share my repair costs, and received a reply "...After I sold this deck to you, I sold two similar decks on e-bay for more $$$ (pictures followed), so you got a good deal and have money enough to pay for repair"...

I still believe that such an attitude is wrong, but I informed him that the problem had been solved and everithing is OK.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:40 pm 

...It seems that my joy was premature. The deck does not work - I insert a recorded cassette but there is no signal...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:44 pm 
Premium User

Responder wrote:
I carefully put them in place, closed the cover, made a test recording, and it works!

With the tech comments and now this you are really all over the place.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:18 pm 

James_W wrote:
Responder wrote:
I carefully put them in place, closed the cover, made a test recording, and it works!

With the tech comments and now this you are really all over the place.

+1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:27 pm 

Responder wrote:
...It seems that my joy was premature. The deck does not work - I insert a recorded cassette but there is no signal...

Just curious what kind of a deck is it?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:41 pm 

It is Revox B710-II. This is how people go mad: I opened the top cover again, connected it to the mains, pushed stop and play buttons several times and moved the part regulating tape motion (don't remember its name). The signal appeared, and it works again (at least for now)...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:25 am 

Responder wrote:
It is Revox B710-II. This is how people go mad: I opened the top cover again, connected it to the mains, pushed stop and play buttons several times and moved the part regulating tape motion (don't remember its name). The signal appeared, and it works again (at least for now)...

Maybe you should step away from the computer and figure out how to operate your tape deck.
It seems that the seller might have been onto something when he told you to read the manual.
Logic-controlled decks can be a real pain, and the more logic they have, the more pain they cause.
Certain functions must be done in a specific order. Take the time to figure it out, THEN report back.

If you can use one of those newfangled Internets, you can post photos in your damn classified ads. :roll: