Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 2:06 pm 
Offline
Premium User
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:44 pm
Posts: 6087
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
ripblade wrote:
Voodoo Funk wrote:
ripblade wrote:
I'm just speculating on the buyer's position. I've bid high on local items in the past knowing full well I could save on shipping charges.

Your ad wasn't clear to me, so I assume it wasn't clear to him, either.

It's not anybody's fault, but he shouldn't be penalized because, as your screen dump proved, it wasn't clear he had to pay the shipping. You took it down because it doesn't support your case that he's a deadbeat.


First of all...I didn't take anything down...and my ad was as clear as CAM allowed at the time. A month and a half before he pays...I don't think so.
Then where is it? It was here before you edited your post....

viewtopic.php?p=737745#p737745

Month and a half to pay? No, I agree. If he has Paypal he should pay it right away. Month and a half to pick it up? Shouldn't be a problem for something that small...or is it?


I see it...

_________________
I Put A Spell On You!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 2:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:17 am
Posts: 13719
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Voodoo Funk wrote:
ripblade wrote:
Voodoo Funk wrote:

First of all...I didn't take anything down...and my ad was as clear as CAM allowed at the time. A month and a half before he pays...I don't think so.
Then where is it? It was here before you edited your post....

viewtopic.php?p=737745#p737745

Month and a half to pay? No, I agree. If he has Paypal he should pay it right away. Month and a half to pick it up? Shouldn't be a problem for something that small...or is it?


I see it...
Now you're just playing games. :roll:

Put it back up if you have nothing to hide. Let everyone decide for themselves if the ad was clear that pickup was not an option....

_________________
To a hammer, everything looks like a nail


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 2:17 pm 
Offline
Premium User
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:44 pm
Posts: 6087
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Voodoo Funk wrote:
ripblade wrote:
Voodoo Funk wrote:

First of all...I didn't take anything down...and my ad was as clear as CAM allowed at the time. A month and a half before he pays...I don't think so.


Then where is it? It was here before you edited your post....

viewtopic.php?p=737745#p737745

Month and a half to pay? No, I agree. If he has Paypal he should pay it right away. Month and a half to pick it up? Shouldn't be a problem for something that small...or is it?


I see it...
ripblade wrote:
Now you're just playing games. :roll:

Put it back up if you have nothing to hide. Let everyone decide for themselves if the ad was clear that pickup was not an option....


What are you talking about?

I posted a screen shot of the ad then zeroed in on the shipping fee part...which was the focus of the discussion at that time.

I have never stated that the ad was clear that pickup was not an option. It obviously wasn't clear.

As I have stated...when the seller places the ad he has the option of allow or disallow pick up...I choose not to allow it.

_________________
I Put A Spell On You!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 2:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:04 pm
Posts: 1654
Location: saskatoon, SK, CA
Quick tangent....


"CAM charge fees based on the selling price and shipping..."

Auctions with reserves imo is a pussy way to do it.
My question is if the reserve is not met is the seller charged the "fee" based on his set reserve?
Maybe that's sumthin to consider...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 2:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:17 am
Posts: 13719
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Voodoo Funk wrote:
I have never stated that the ad was clear that pickup was not an option. It obviously wasn't clear.
But you're ok with the buyer receiving a reprimand for backing out when he found out the total was $35 more than his bid?

Nice... :roll:

_________________
To a hammer, everything looks like a nail


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 2:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:04 pm
Posts: 1654
Location: saskatoon, SK, CA
"As I have stated...when the seller places the ad he has the option of allow or disallow pick up...I choose not to allow it."

Now, how clear is this to the potential buyers??
Does the ad in fact state this or are there assumptions in play here???


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 2:37 pm 
Offline
Premium User
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:44 pm
Posts: 6087
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
ripblade wrote:
Voodoo Funk wrote:
I have never stated that the ad was clear that pickup was not an option. It obviously wasn't clear.
But you're ok with the buyer receiving a reprimand for backing out when he found out the total was $35 more than his bid?

Nice... :roll:


Perfectly fine with it...why should the buyer make a bid on the assumption that he won't have to pay the $35.00 just because he is in a position to pick it up?

If he was a man of honour he would have accepted that his assumption was misplaced and follow through with his winning bid.

CAM don't charge their fees based on whether or not the item is picked up...they charge according to the total of the winning bid AND the shipping charge.

_________________
I Put A Spell On You!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 2:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:06 pm
Posts: 945
Location: hawkesbury, ON, CA
you should be allowed to give a negative feedback to the non paying buyer just like fleebay


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 2:43 pm 
Offline
Premium User
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:44 pm
Posts: 6087
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
bolly wrote:
Voodoo Funk wrote:
Nobody has an advantage because he happens to live next door.


congratulations!! this has to be the funniest thing I read this week! LOL! :lol:


If you lived in B.C and were interested in the HRS Record weight...you'd probably appreciate my position. 8)

_________________
I Put A Spell On You!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 2:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:17 am
Posts: 13719
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Voodoo Funk wrote:
If he was a man of honour he would have accepted that his assumption was misplaced and follow through with his winning bid.
If that's the case, if I were the buyer I'd accept the punishment. Beats getting sucker-punched by a flawed and misleading auction listing.

_________________
To a hammer, everything looks like a nail


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 2:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:20 pm
Posts: 286
Location: Delta, BC, CA
Priceless, I wanna hear the vanquished buyers take on all this!!! In my not so humble opinion, shipping should always be cost plus maybe a couple bucks to make it safe to ship. If a seller doesn't allow pick up, I get very suspicious and bail......


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 2:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 12:54 pm
Posts: 4710
Location: Dodge City, NB, CA
Tutone wrote:
Priceless, I wanna hear the vanquished buyers take on all this!!! In my not so humble opinion, shipping should always be cost plus maybe a couple bucks to make it safe to ship. If a seller doesn't allow pick up, I get very suspicious and bail...... Seller is really paranoid or has something to hide.....

Or maybe he doesn't want strangers in his home which in this day and age I completely understand.

_________________
No matter how hard you try, you can't cure stupid.
Unknown


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 2:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:19 pm
Posts: 344
Location: Eastern Passage, NS, CA
Actually,until money changes hands there is no contract; that is the law. Until payment has been accepted, no binding contract is in effect. If there are questions about mercenary tactics on the part of the OP as to what he charges, be aware to two things; First, he posted the costs up front ....don't like it, don't buy it. Second, what I do in my sales is state :"buyer pays exact cost of shipping"....then there is no argument about what things cost.

Canada Post charged based on weight and volume; big box, little weight will cost as much as small box heavy weight. And their rates have increased over 30% in the past year; the biggest increase is not the initial charge for the box, but the variable cost related to distance traveled. And, yes, a 2 pound box shipped Expresspost to either coast from Ontario could easily approach $35.00....

A one KG parcel coastal deleivery shipped Regular parcel will have a price of, 15.72$

Inasmuch as the ad did state (arguably it could have been clearer) that the shipping fees would apply, I agree with previous posters that the buyer backed out and used to $35 fee as justification. If he did so because he did not understand the $35 fee is also arguable.

Bottom line is that all our ads must be very specific; better to "spell it out" more than once so there is zero chance of misunderstanding. Say it twice. In court, a smart lawyer will ask a defendant or witness multiple questions, all to confirm a specific point; if the witness responds consistently three times, the point is taken as an inarguable fact. A little trick from law school.[/quote]

His parcel, and allowing for packing material which will increase the diameter, the height, and the weight of his parcel, will cost the buyer, 10.52$ for a regular parcel and local delivery, and 15.72$ again, regular parcel and coastal delivery, (National delivery)

35.00$ and 10.52$ is quite the difference.


Anyway, I think the buyer also made a few mistakes, and my point is, as stated earlier, lets not kill anybody yet, fix the loopholes, and carry on.

_________________
A force de contempler la mer, on fini un jour par la prendre.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 2:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:15 am
Posts: 4586
Location: Newmarket, ON, CA
KJT1 wrote:
Tutone wrote:
Priceless, I wanna hear the vanquished buyers take on all this!!! In my not so humble opinion, shipping should always be cost plus maybe a couple bucks to make it safe to ship. If a seller doesn't allow pick up, I get very suspicious and bail...... Seller is really paranoid or has something to hide.....

Or maybe he doesn't want strangers in his home which in this day and age I completely understand.


Exchange at the local Tim's ... I've done that as seller and as buyer.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 3:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:54 pm
Posts: 110
Location: Welland, ON, CA
Voodoo Funk wrote:
moinau wrote:
They go by weight and size, and you are correct, size takes first place. Since size takes precedence, how big is that weight, even if you triple the package, don't answer, I already know.

One thing for sure with you, it is very hard for anybody to reasons with you, you are always right, everybody else is wrong.
If you stress that much about peanuts, it wont be good for your health.


Not about 'right' or 'wrong'...it is about the facts...and the fact is that shipping was a part of my ad with no local pickup.

End of story.


Everything is about right and wrong and as far as facts go, what makes you think your subjective viewpoint is the facts?. You keep talking about shipping to the four corners of the country where maybe $35 might be justified...but you're charging the guy around the corner $35 for his effort to make the walk and your lack of effort to do anything.
Yes, you can do whatever you want and you can say to anyone "If you don't like it don't buy from me" but don't for a second try to say you're not trying to rip people off

-- 22 May 2017 23:04 --

Voodoo Funk wrote:
ripblade wrote:
brownslane wrote:
Inasmuch as the ad did state (arguably it could have been clearer) that the shipping fees would apply, I agree with previous posters that the buyer backed out and used to $35 fee as justification.
The ad didn't state shipping fees were mandatory...it simply listed them. It also didn't state that pickup was NOT an option.

2+2.


As has been explained numerous times...as the seller I had options when I placed the ad...one of which was whether or not I would allow 'pick up'...I decided against this...so when the ad was placed it simply states what shipping will cost.

Not for anyone to assume that because they live next door they can pick it up for free!!! :roll:


Why not? That's what it cost you...


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group