Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:00 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:04 pm 

Voodoo Funk wrote:
Think of it the other way around...why should a potential buyer in B.C. be penalized for not being able to pick up the item from me in Toronto himself?

Uhh, he's not being penalized. There is a cost to getting the item all the way to B.C. from Toronto that must be covered by someone (and it's 99.9% of the time the buyer that covers this).

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:07 pm 
Premium User

Tom_r wrote:
No it doesn't. As already stated the local person is penalized for picking up, but then again so is the person from BC if they happen to be driving here for a vacation! The guy from Peterborough says I will pick up when I come to the ballgame in two days so he gets penalized too because you assume he wants it shipped too.

Hmmm, are you trying to make back you listing fees in the shipping cost?

I'm guessing you've never shipped anything to B.C. or to the Northwest Territories either...with insurance and a tracking number...or you wouldn't be speculating!!! 8)

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:12 pm 

Getting back to Op"s original post...
This bidder wants to pay a month and a half from now and is being persnickety about 35$.Not 350$
You cannot compare us to eBay as we just are not eBay.
If VF has indicated no local pick up (his prerogative) then why make a bid in the first place.
I personally believe that the high bidder in this case is buyer remorseful and has found a small loophole to back out.
IMHO

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:13 pm 

Attachments:
train wreck.jpg
train wreck.jpg [ 8.71 KiB | Viewed 693 times ]

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:14 pm 
Premium User

Chipmunk1957 wrote:
This bidder wants to pay a month and a half from now and is being persnickety about 35$.Not 350$
If VF has indicated no local pick up (his prerogative) then why make a bid in the first place.
I personally believe that the high bidder in this case is buyer remorseful and has found a small loophole to back out.
IMHO

Admin sent me a copy of the email they sent to the buyer...no backing out...if he doesn't pay by May 27th he gets a Negative Feedback!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:14 pm 

Shipping to BC, to NS, to NB, or to the next street from you, same difference. If one use the famous UPS, DLH, Fedex or any other private shipping Co., yes there are differences. If one is shipping a disc weight, one will use Canada Post, Canada Post will not charge 35.00$, this is what I'm implying.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:15 pm 
Premium User

moinau wrote:
Shipping to BC, to NS, to NB, or to the next street from you, same difference. If one use the famous UPS, DLH, Fedex or any other private shipping Co., yes there are differences. If one is shipping a disc weight, one will use Canada Post, Canada Post will not charge 35.00$, this is what I'm implying.

You obviously haven't shipped anything to Northwest Territories or remote regions in B.C. either...!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:17 pm 

Voodoo Funk wrote:
Think of it the other way around...why should a potential buyer in B.C. be penalized for not being able to pick up the item from me in Toronto himself?

This creates a level playing field for ALL interested parties!!! 8)
The guy in BC expects to pay for shipping. If he doesn't want to, he can wait till what he wants comes up locally.

It's a level playing field alright, but you're up on the pitcher's mount throwing knucklers. :roll:

Chipmunk1957 wrote:
IMHO
I'd be remorseful too if I found out I'd have to pay a shipping charge to pick it up. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:17 pm 
Premium User

Voodoo Funk wrote:
moinau wrote:

You obviously haven't shipped anything to Northwest Territories or remote regions in B.C. either...!!!

Canada Post, in my experience, don't go so much by weight now as they go by the size of the parcel...and believe me when I tell you that I pack EVERYTHING in double boxes now!!! 8)

I clearly state what shipping will be...you don't agree...don't bid!!! 8)

Last edited by Voodoo Funk on Mon May 22, 2017 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:19 pm 

Voodoo Funk wrote:
Chipmunk1957 wrote:
IMHO

Admin sent me a copy of the email they sent to the buyer...no backing out...if he doesn't pay by May 27th he gets a Negative Feedback!!!

Good! I would feel like you do after this happened.
If not mistaken by pressing the bid and confirming you enter a legal contract.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:20 pm 

VF didn't indicate, no local pick up, and punishing the buyer for that is a bit much, although the buyer stating a payout in a month, is also a bit much.

Since this is new for everybody, why not make all the rules first, clear and concise rules, irons them, and then you can punish the non complying individuals

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:23 pm 
Premium User

moinau wrote:
VF didn't indicate, no local pick up, and punishing the buyer for that is a bit much, although the buyer stating a payout in a month, is also a bit much.

Since this is new for everybody, why not make all the rules first, clear and concise rules, irons them, and then you can punish the non complying individuals

I did indicate no local pick up...as that is an option I have when I place the ad...just that it doesn't show up when the ad is posted...which is why I have now included it in the ad copy itself.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:25 pm 

moinau wrote:

When you place something for auction on our site there is only a checkbox to indicate local pickup IS available.
If you do not check it you have to indicate shipping charges which is what he did.
Talk to Cam and tell them that they have confused the buyer NOT VF.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:26 pm 

Voodoo Funk wrote:
Voodoo Funk wrote:
moinau wrote:

Canada Post, in my experience, don't go so much by weight now as they go by the size of the parcel...and believe me when I tell you that I pack EVERYTHING in double boxes now!!! 8)

I clearly state what shipping will be...you don't agree...don't bid!!! 8)

They go by weight and size, and you are correct, size takes first place. Since size takes precedence, how big is that weight, even if you triple the package, don't answer, I already know.

One thing for sure with you, it is very hard for anybody to reasons with you, you are always right, everybody else is wrong.
If you stress that much about peanuts, it wont be good for your health.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:30 pm 
Premium User

moinau wrote:
They go by weight and size, and you are correct, size takes first place. Since size takes precedence, how big is that weight, even if you triple the package, don't answer, I already know.

One thing for sure with you, it is very hard for anybody to reasons with you, you are always right, everybody else is wrong.
If you stress that much about peanuts, it wont be good for your health.

Not about 'right' or 'wrong'...it is about the facts...and the fact is that shipping was a part of my ad with no local pickup.

End of story.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next