Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 5:46 am 
Premium User

I have a situation where the winner of my HRS Analog Disk Record Weight ADL- BLACK is refusing to pay.

What now?

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 5:52 am 

Sorry to say but you may be S.O.L.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 5:53 am 

Or offer to the next highest bidder?

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 5:56 am 
Dealer/Sponsor

Voodoo Funk wrote:
I have a situation where the winner of my HRS Analog Disk Record Weight ADL- BLACK is refusing to pay.

What now?

To be expected, when you run auctions. I'm sure you've done the eBay thing before...

New thrills with that old feeling...

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 5:57 am 
Premium User

BinkyTheCat wrote:

Looking at the bid history...yeah...I could live with that.

Should be some sort of meaningful penalty for deadbeats who bid on things and then refuse to man up...

...and I'm not talking a 'negative feedback' here...more like a permanent ban!!! :x

-- May 22nd, 2017, 8:59 am --

Teo Audio wrote:

To be expected, when you run auctions. I'm sure you've done the eBay thing before...

New thrills with that old feeling...

This is my first experience with auctions...I was really enjoying it up 'till now!!! :lol:

It really isn't a big deal to me...just proves there are a**holes everywhere!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 6:08 am 
Premium User

Yup, this one is real easy. Follow the rules laid out for auctions. Fail to do so, out comes the ban hammer.

CAM should act swiftly and have a forum section for banned members and the reason for the ban. Things are slowly turning for the worse on here.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 6:20 am 
Dealer/Sponsor

Run the auction again or sell to the next highest bidder, if they be willing.

This is how it goes on eBay. At least it used to be that way. What used to happen is that one had access to the names of all the bidders.

They got rid of that, as a scam angle.... is to have a shill run the price up to ridiculous numbers then they don't pay.

Then the seller, who is a scam artist, would contact all the other bidders and offer to sell.

2-4-10-20 money scams from one auction. woweee! better than printing money!

Eventually eBay began to hide the names of the bidders who did not win.

However, how to deal with the non paying.

A mark, a demotion, just like a negative sales situation. eBay handles it differently these days. IIRC.

And hide the names and handles of the non-winning. It's a scammer doorway that needs to be shut. When they find it, they will leverage it, just like they did on eBay.

In a functional world, this would not be an issue, but with parasites constantly banging on the doors and tapping everything looking for holes..to find a way to suck life out of people.....it's a problem.

Last edited by Teo Audio on Mon May 22, 2017 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 6:22 am 
Premium User

Teo Audio wrote:
Run the auction again or sell to the next highest bidder, if they be willing.

This is how it goes on eBay. At lest it used to be that way. What used to happen is that one had access to the names of all the bidders.

They got rid of that, as a scam angle.... is to have a shill run the price up to ridiculous numbers then they don't pay.

Then the seller, who is a scam artist, would contact all the other bidders and offer to sell.

2-4-10-20 money scams from one auction. woweee! better than printing money!

Eventually eBay began to hide the names of the bidders who did not win.

However, how to deal with the non paying.

A mark, a demotion, just like a negative sales situation. eBay handles it differently these days. IIRC.

And hide the names and handles of the non-winning. It's a scammer doorway that needs to be shut. When they find it, they will leverage it, just like they did on eBay.

Hey...thanks for the idea...hadn't thought of that!!! lol

Names are hidden from the seller...identification is only Bidder 1, Bidder 2 etc.

As for the penalty...really should be a meaningful ban from participation on the CAM site...a minimum of 6 months...

Last edited by Voodoo Funk on Mon May 22, 2017 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 6:23 am 

Voodoo Funk wrote:
BinkyTheCat wrote:

Looking at the bid history...yeah...I could live with that.

Should be some sort of meaningful penalty for deadbeats who bid on things and then refuse to man up...

...and I'm not talking a 'negative feedback' here...more like a permanent ban!!! :x

-- May 22nd, 2017, 8:59 am --

I'm not familiar with the rules regarding auctions since I won't be participating.My Ebay experiences have shown me that auctions are a good way of paying too much for something!

I'm sorry you're having this experience, VF - can you give negative feedback in the auction system? It would at least serve as a warning to others.
I also agree that some sort of ban is in order; to abuse this new addition to CAM right out of the box like that is pretty bad!

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 6:34 am 

Report the clown, and offer it up to the next highest bidder if the price is fair, exactly the way I won a B.A.T. Power amp on Audigon, it was actually a great deal for me as the seller was choked as this wasn't the first time someone had bailed on him.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 6:36 am 
Premium User

Tutone wrote:
Report the clown, and offer it up to the next highest bidder if the price is fair, exactly the way I won a B.A.T. Power amp on Audigon, it was actually a great deal for me as the seller was choked as this wasn't the first time someone had bailed on him.

I've written to Howard and let him know the situation and that I would be OK with CAM awarding it to the 2nd highest bidder...the difference in the bid amounted to $10.00...no biggie.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 6:39 am 

Dead beat buyer, moderator should kick them off CAM.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 6:40 am 
Dealer/Sponsor

Voodoo Funk wrote:
Tutone wrote:

I've written to Howard and let him know the situation and that I would be OK with CAM awarding it to the 2nd highest bidder...the difference in the bid amounted to $10.00...no biggie.

This may be a solution offered by canuck, to get around the 'no names of the bidders except the winner' scenario that will have to be put into place.

It has to be a hand done thing... as if automated... scammers will find a way to get at all the bidders names, any way they can.

As for some of the responses.... no kicking off the forum!... just the usual red mark on their buy-sell rating.

What you gonna do, put every man, woman, and child to the sword.... as someone was a deadbeat bidder? Get a hold of yourself.

Last edited by Teo Audio on Mon May 22, 2017 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 6:42 am 

didn't people have to have a PayPal account to participate? Is there no recourse through that? just curious as I don't have PayPal and won't be participating in the auctions but if you commit and win.

I know when we had an estate sale through an auction site, people had to provide their CC number to be able to bid and were billed when they won the auction, if they didn't pick up at the agreed time, they lost the item but were still billed.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 7:09 am 

Move on and repost it..Don t get your self tied up in sending messages etc. The buyer was a dead beat bidder. You get them
from time to time. By reposting it you may get a quick sale with a good buyer before you waste all that time trying to get the other buyer to pay up.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next