Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:19 am 

How can I change an item that I marked 'Sold' back to having the item being 'For Sale' .
The deal fell apart after I had accepted the offer .

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 1:03 pm 

banba wrote:
How can I change an item that I marked 'Sold' back to having the item being 'For Sale' .

Welcome to Canuck Audio Mart, where nine out of ten deals fall apart after offers are accepted. The moral of the story is to never mark an item 'Sold' until you have the money in hand. I have flagged your original post so that a moderator will look at it. If anyone can help you, they can ... but I don't know if it is possible. You might just have to cut and paste your original ad into a new ad.

If you can use one of those newfangled Internets, you can post photos in your damn classified ads. :roll:

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 1:20 pm 
Premium User

banba wrote:

This cannot be done, you must post a new ad copying over the content from the old ad. Never mark an ad as sold until the goods have left your premises AND you have payment in hand.

CAM Moderation Team

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 1:47 pm 
Site Admin

Quadzilla wrote:
Welcome to Canuck Audio Mart, where nine out of ten deals fall apart after offers are accepted.

Although I don't have concrete metrics, everything I see from our data and from working on the site for 15 years says that this statement is absolutely and completely false. I understand some users have experienced deadbeat buyers or a deal might not work out, and we are interested in reducing this number as much as possible, but not even 10% of accepted offers get reneged upon as far as we can tell and we get very very few such complaints relative to the total volume of SOLD items per month. Some deals don't work out in a mutually agreed upon fashion, and I would not count that towards deadbeats.

This is like saying you bought and sold 4 cars when you rented a bicycle a few times. If 90% of offers you accept get reneged upon I'd very much like to study those ads and see what we can do about them, or identify how we can help reduce those issues, please send me a list of the 4 most recent examples and I will investigate this. Once again, I am committed to helping out to reduce deadbeat buyers and I acknowledge it can and does happen because this type of frustration is real and we need to do our best to address it, but I'm tired of seeing posts quoting numbers that are completely off base.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]