Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 5:34 am 

I've noticed lately that the all Canadian section is littered with ads from "other" marts.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 5:44 am 
Dealer/Sponsor

Not a big deal to me (on the worry side). However, as a business, I have to register and pay in each of them separately, if I wish to advertise in each.

The given individual has no such restrictions.

Also, that CAM is seemingly the busiest of them, so it is logical for a seller to bring the given item to the biggest pool of buyers.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 5:50 am 
Premium User

The rules clearly state:

Do I have to be a Canadian to use Canuck Audio Mart?

No. But your item(s) must be available in Canada. The point of this site is to sell and buy items within Canadian borders to avoid customs, duties, and extra taxes. It's also advantageous if both buyer and sellers live in nearby areas to do in-person transactions so both parties' obligations are fulfilled instantaneously. Anyone, Canadian or non-Canadian, can be a buyer on Canuck Audio Mart. However, in order to be a seller, you and your item must be situated in Canada.

Please report any ads found to be in violation.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 6:05 am 
Dealer/Sponsor

Ok, here's a good question, then.....If I'm a company and an international seller, what happens when I want to advertise in lets say the UK or the USA sites?

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 6:16 am 

As we speak, there are 8 of them on the current first page (American and British).

The problem is I don't want to get excited about a listing to find out it is not in Cdn funds and require int'l shipping, which means I can't pick it up and pay cash and involves customs paperwork, duties and taxes.

If I'm looking for something specific and don't care where it comes from, then I will look internationally on purpose.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 6:26 am 
Premium User

albinosquirlz wrote:
As we speak, there are 8 of them on the current first page (American and British).

The problem is I don't want to get excited about a listing to find out it is not in Cdn funds and require int'l shipping, which means I can't pick it up and pay cash and involves customs paperwork, duties and taxes.

If I'm looking for something specific and don't care where it comes from, then I will look internationally on purpose.

Not on my first page; the first section is for the first 40 ads from CAM and ALL of them are from Canada (note the Province column) . The second section of the page is clearly labelled: ADS FROM OTHER AUDIOMARTS and only contains the 10 most recent ads from USAM, UKAM and AUSAM

Attachment:
Other.png
Other.png [ 97.52 KiB | Viewed 1222 times ]

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 6:43 am 

OBI56 wrote:
albinosquirlz wrote:

Not on my first page; the first section is for the first 40 ads from CAM and ALL of them are from Canada (note the Province column) . The second section of the page is clearly labelled: ADS FROM OTHER AUDIOMARTS and only contains the 10 most recent ads from USAM, UKAM and AUSAM

Attachment:
Other.png

I am in grid view and they are definitely showing up...not confusing it with the "other" marts section below. It just started, so I am assuming it's a glitch.

-- 12 May 2017 14:52 --

Ah Ha...just noticed I had inadvertently activated a feature I never even realized exited before...."show ads from other audio marts".

False alarm folks...nothing to see here :oops: