Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:56 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:44 am 
Premium User

Came across these at our wholesaler for controlling vibration. Works out to 5 dollars for 4, seem to really work well.

The latest generation in vibration dampening technology. The most effective vibration dampening pad available on the market. The EVA Pad was tested against other pads at four different vibration settings. In the most severe vibration extremes, the EVA Pad outperforms cork and
rubber by a margin of greater than 3:1! This is due to the special composite foam center which is much more structurally sound than cork. It is not affected by oils or chemicals that can break down cork and is much more effective at vibration dampening than solid rubber. All this at a very competitive price. Designed to withstand 50 psi.

Attachments:
IMG_1566.JPG
IMG_1566.JPG [ 22.59 KiB | Viewed 1862 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:01 pm 
Premium User

tubemannick wrote:
Came across these at our wholesaler for controlling vibration. Works out to 5 dollars for 4, seem to really work well.

The latest generation in vibration dampening technology. The most effective vibration dampening pad available on the market. The EVA Pad was tested against other pads at four different vibration settings. In the most severe vibration extremes, the EVA Pad outperforms cork and
rubber by a margin of greater than 3:1! This is due to the special composite foam center which is much more structurally sound than cork. It is not affected by oils or chemicals that can break down cork and is much more effective at vibration dampening than solid rubber. All this at a very competitive price. Designed to withstand 50 psi.

Sounds like a great, inexpensive tweak to try out. Where can these be purchased?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:07 pm 

+1 I've been using them ever since I had a thermo pump installed, since this is what they use under the outside unit to reduce vibrations. The installer left me another set of four that I used under my audio rack instead. Can't complain. And at $5 for 4, you can't go wrong.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:11 pm 
Premium User

It's a refrigeration wholesaler, in Markham Ont on Rivera dr named Master. They have branches all over the place. They can also be bought in 2", 4" square up to 18" square

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:20 pm 

tubemannick wrote:
The most effective vibration dampening pad available on the market.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:05 pm 

Ya, we use those under furnaces.

You can buy them at Wolseley HVACR.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:05 pm 

I been using hockey pucks forever, would love to try them out if I can find them in Calgary, :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:56 am 

http://www.thesoundapprentice.com/2013/ ... -anti.html

These should be available from suppliers to the HVAC trade. Amazon.ca has them at a price that can only be called stupid. Amazon.com sells them for US$1.38 each. Have used them under turntables for as long as I can remember. Can't really comment on their effectiveness, except that they DON'T help to stop a Thorens turntable from skipping when your floor is springy.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:03 am 

My opinion, they are intended for items with mass to be effective. I.E, 50-200 lbs. They really are not designed for low mass items, i.e. turntables, etc...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:33 am 

I put these in sandwich bags sealed with crazy glue...

Attachments:
untitled.png
untitled.png [ 130.76 KiB | Viewed 1290 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:47 am 
Premium User

JGP wrote:
My opinion, they are intended for items with mass to be effective. I.E, 50-200 lbs. They really are not designed for low mass items, i.e. turntables, etc...

Are you freaking kidding me JGP??? Different vibration devices for different needs? And that weight and the sort of vibration can affect performance for the intended item?

Hersey I tell you, absolute heresy!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:50 am 

Stone wrote:
I put these in sandwich bags sealed with crazy glue...

You have to remove the red jellybeans first, they totally mess up the midrange! :lol:

JGP wrote:

I think that's right - I have the cork ones under heavy stuff like my sub platform and amp stand. They seem to need to be compressed a little for max effectiveness.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:43 am 

Tires from Radio Controlled Cars and Trucks.

Sand.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:17 am 

I like neoprene due to its softness/deadness. I think neoprene remains dead longer than rubber-which also may get hard in time. China stuff built to a cost point will turn rubber rock hard in a few years.

There was a fantastic Vibration control company run by engineers I dealt with years ago in Oakville who are either out of business or moved somewhere-likely the result of Cheap oversea imports and maybe vibration control built into products.

https://www.soundcontrolroom.com/shop/s ... indow-seal

Can be loaded with light type weight.
Neoprene Window Seal is an integral component for interior sound control windows. We have neoprene rubber (1/2″ x 3/4″ x 25′), manufactured to our standards to guarantee an air tight seal. Easy to use, our seal has a pressure sensitive adhesive backing for fast assembly.
Note, when calculating the amount required, the seal goes on both sides of the piece of glass.

WAFFLE PADS BOTH SIDES CREATE LESS FOOTPRINT. I DON’T KNOW HOW DEAD THIS IS. Neoprene waffle pad-can be loaded with speaker type weight

http://www.airwholesalers.com.au/index. ... uct_id=227

SHEET
450mm x 450mm x 10mm
STRIPS
1000mm x 100mm x 10mm
DIE CUT PIECES
48mm x 48mm with 10mm hole
FEATURES
*The type NP Waffle Pad has superior carrying
capacity and grip, with a built in anti-contamination
seal.
*The grid prevents rib collapse and forms suction
pockets for enhanced grip on uneven surfaces.
*The Neoprene, Duro 50 is resistant to oils and has
superior physical qualities.
*Waffle Mounts can be fabricated by sandwiching a
steel plate between sheets of N.P. Waffle Pad.
*Waffle Pad is designed for loading up to 4.2kg/cmsq
allowing for a 10% deflection (1mm) refer chart above.
APPLICATIONS
Used for high speed machinery such as air conditioners and machine tool pumps.
NP Waffle Pads are used to reduce noise and vibration and to eliminate the need for bolting
down. The flat configuration hardly elevates the machine to be isolated and in many cases this
low cost method conveniently solves or prevents a problem that does not warrant the use of
either rubber or spring mountings.
As a general rule, pads are recommended to eliminate bolting, for minor vibration
problems in upper stories or for ground floor and non critical applications.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:38 am 
Premium User

I bought a sheet of sorbothane off Amazon to cut up and place between my standmounts and the stands. But with the leftovers I cut little blocks and have placed under my turntable and also between the shelf and my audio rack. Not as cheap as these but I like that I can cut pieces off to suit. Also won't look quite as nice as a finished product.