Canuck Audio MartCanuck Audio Mart
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:10 pm 

It is more fun to see Arab Sheiks buy supercars and crash them on you tube.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:26 pm 

yournamehere wrote:
It is more fun to see Arab Sheiks buy supercars and crash them on you tube.

If I had as much money as a Sheik, I may spend it elsewhere...

Regards
ohms

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:27 pm 

Sheik Yerbootie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:46 pm 

i suppose the real question is who cares? my system, except for the speakers and dac, is made up of old used stuff and sounds great, better than anything else out there. And the person who owns the stuff in the photo would probably say the same thing about the sound of that system, and they're totally entitled to, and are of course, right. I don't get this envy thing, that someone who owns a ten grand pre amp has the mind set that their pre is better than mine and thus sounds better. it does not, my system sounds the best, just as there's does. Nor do i get the nonsense of people who have upgraded a component and suddenly the older component is junk and are willing to come here, to this site and others, and announce just that, are you suggesting that all that time that you had the earlier version of the component your system sounded like junk? Why would you bother in the first place? Your system sounded great and now with the upgrade it is greater, but sounds still the best, it is after all your system. The good news is that most of the people here believe, as I, that their systems sounds the best, and understand that everyone else's do too. Humm, maybe today i have been on the various forums too frequently, there seems to be a lot of one-upmanship, i shall slowly step off of the butter box...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:53 pm 

Down goes Zolta! Down goes Zolta!

Butter stocks are slipping. :roll:

When all is said and done, gentlemen, the Primary rule rises in a great ball of drunken awe, and sends out the Master Law.

He who dies with the most toys WINS!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:03 pm 

zolta wrote:
i suppose the real question is who cares? my system, except for the speakers and dac, is made up of old used stuff and sounds great, better than anything else out there. And the person who owns the stuff in the photo would probably say the same thing about the sound of that system, and they're totally entitled to, and are of course, right. I don't get this envy thing, that someone who owns a ten grand pre amp has the mind set that their pre is better than mine and thus sounds better. it does not, my system sounds the best, just as there's does. Nor do i get the nonsense of people who have upgraded a component and suddenly the older component is junk and are willing to come here, to this site and others, and announce just that, are you suggesting that all that time that you had the earlier version of the component your system sounded like junk? Why would you bother in the first place? Your system sounded great and now with the upgrade it is greater, but sounds still the best, it is after all your system. The good news is that most of the people here believe, as I, that their systems sounds the best, and understand that everyone else's do too. Humm, maybe today i have been on the various forums too frequently, there seems to be a lot of one-upmanship, i shall slowly step off of the butter box...

If your system was the best sounding of all, then we would all have the same system as you, hence we all do not, and mine sounds better than yours...

Regards
Ohms

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:07 pm 

Now that's just silly

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:38 pm 

Speedy wrote:
Now that's just silly

yup

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:45 pm 

6000000 home theater

http://freshome.com/2008/02/07/jeremy-k ... e-theater/

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:47 pm 

rus1980 wrote:
Is that a grammy on the table?

Its a fake. The base is different.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:48 pm 

zolta wrote:

I disagree with this totally.
To think that my system was " the best " I would have to assume that I personally was:
-had heard and experienced the most properly set up systems.
-had unlimited resources to purchase and set up the best I had heard.
-have the best ears.
-have always kept up with newer and better technology.

this list could go on and on...

I think that anyone who thinks that they have the best system are deluded.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:03 pm 

kcross wrote:
zolta wrote:

I disagree with this totally.
To think that my system was " the best " I would have to assume that I personally was:
-had heard and experienced the most properly set up systems.
-had unlimited resources to purchase and set up the best I had heard.
-have the best ears.
-have always kept up with newer and better technology.

this list could go on and on...

I think that anyone who thinks that they have the best system are deluded.

you don't get it

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:17 pm 

I WANT MY MTVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

:wink:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:35 pm 

Oh, big deal! You should have seen my Dad's Technics rig in the early 80s. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:53 pm 

As one poster has already suggested, www.higherfi.com is a place you can see the numerous possible combinations and permutations of components heading for the quarter-million dollar range. Plus lots of humdrum $7K and $12K and $15K components... Even at the million-dollar-system level, there's still a lot of choices.

Probably before I spent that kind of money, if I ever could, I'd get George Augspurger or George Massenberg or one of the other top designers of professional listening rooms, and see what he suggested.

Based on what I've heard over the years, though, I sure would like to audition those Westlakes!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next