Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:56 pm 

joe mandel wrote:
Hi Tim,you have a pm.

Hey Joe, I don't see a PM from you. You can reply to one of my ads if needed

Marc

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:28 am 

timarcc wrote:
joe mandel wrote:
I found a few pictures on the web,this one of a 22 ref conn that shows the cabinet to be well stuffed. I know that it's the same behind the woofer but I can't say exactly how well the area below the woofer towords the stand and tuned port area,are stuffed. The pair I own are not as stuffed in the stand area,but,do have a good amount nonetheless.
A word of advice,do not install the foam trim ring covers until you are satisfied with your final result. They are fragile and I am not sure of where to find new ones.
Good luck.

In regards to the foam ring trim, I have a template to cut these out to size along with the proper material. If anyone needs them, PM me. Can also do the woofer.

Marc

Hi Marc, I have a pair of the Energy Pro 22 Reference Connoisseur's that I have recently had the tweeters rebuilt by ABI Tech, and I am looking for a template to cut the foam surround for the tweeters (I acquired the material from a local craft shop), also I note that can supply the woofer surrounds, of which I have a damaged one. Please advise if you ship to Australia and if so cost for supply of 1 x woofer surround.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:24 am 

Beggles wrote:
timarcc wrote:
joe mandel wrote:
I found a few pictures on the web,this one of a 22 ref conn that shows the cabinet to be well stuffed. I know that it's the same behind the woofer but I can't say exactly how well the area below the woofer towords the stand and tuned port area,are stuffed. The pair I own are not as stuffed in the stand area,but,do have a good amount nonetheless.
A word of advice,do not install the foam trim ring covers until you are satisfied with your final result. They are fragile and I am not sure of where to find new ones.
Good luck.

In regards to the foam ring trim, I have a template to cut these out to size along with the proper material. If anyone needs them, PM me. Can also do the woofer.

Marc

Hi Marc, I have a pair of the Energy Pro 22 Reference Connoisseur's that I have recently had the tweeters rebuilt by ABI Tech, and I am looking for a template to cut the foam surround for the tweeters (I acquired the material from a local craft shop), also I note that can supply the woofer surrounds, of which I have a damaged one. Please advise if you ship to Australia and if so cost for supply of 1 x woofer surround.

Hi, Please email me by responding to my ad to discuss

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:44 am 

Just wondering if all ferrofluid tweeters have this problem or only the ones used on Energy 22 and related models. I have 25-year-old Def-Tech BP10s with two Vifa one-inch domes per cabinet and they still sparkle in the high end. Had to get rubber woofer surrounds re-glued once, but that's the only problem I've encountered.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 4:49 pm 

Hi, regarding replacement tweeters for Energy Pro 22's. Anything but the original will be a compromise.

Usual problem is lead to coil failure. This can usually be repaired, I know a guy.

Contact me if you need a referral. 780-460-9300

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:33 pm 

timarcc wrote:
joe mandel wrote:
Good luck.

Marc

Hello,

I am a new member here and I am unable to PM. I would like to know how to go about obtaining the tweeter surrounds and the woofer trim rings. Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:02 pm 

Hello...sorry to dig up an old thread. I joined just for it. I just became the happy owner of a pair of oak reference connoisseur speakers. See photos. Looking to get new foam surrounds for the tweeters and back ups for the woofers.

See photos for right speaker then left speaker.

Attachments:
energy 2 c.jpeg
energy 2 c.jpeg [ 236.22 KiB | Viewed 1254 times ]
energy 2 b.jpeg
energy 2 b.jpeg [ 152.96 KiB | Viewed 1255 times ]
energy 2 a.jpeg
energy 2 a.jpeg [ 103.49 KiB | Viewed 1256 times ]
energy 1 c.jpeg
energy 1 c.jpeg [ 240.62 KiB | Viewed 1256 times ]
energy 1 b.jpeg
energy 1 b.jpeg [ 127.71 KiB | Viewed 1256 times ]
Energy 1 a.jpeg
Energy 1 a.jpeg [ 119.33 KiB | Viewed 1258 times ]

Last edited by txrsss on Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:18 pm 

timarcc wrote:
joe mandel wrote:
Good luck.

Marc

Marc,

Interested in two sets of these. Please check your PM.

Thanks,
Mike

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:30 pm 

Hi and welcome to Cam. You can send a "pm" to timarcc and ask him about sending you what you need. He is reliable and very reasonable in cost as I have purchased from him in the past. What are you powering the RefConns with? If you are just a little bit handy, you may want to try installing a new set of rear mounted binding posts and bypass the hard to get at original ones. If you do any work on the internals of the speaker, be very careful when removing the woofer by not using the edge of the oak veneer as a pry base. If you do,you will most certainly damage the finish of the oak. Good luck with your speakers.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:27 pm 
Dealer/Sponsor

Pair recently showed up on Vancouver Craigslist if anybody is interested.

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/ele/5658879361.html

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:25 pm 

joe mandel wrote:
Hi and welcome to Cam. You can send a "pm" to timarcc and ask him about sending you what you need. He is reliable and very reasonable in cost as I have purchased from him in the past. What are you powering the RefConns with? If you are just a little bit handy, you may want to try installing a new set of rear mounted binding posts and bypass the hard to get at original ones. If you do any work on the internals of the speaker, be very careful when removing the woofer by not using the edge of the oak veneer as a pry base. If you do,you will most certainly damage the finish of the oak. Good luck with your speakers.

PM sent I hope to hear back from timarcc. Currently I am using a 100 WPC SS amp. Not sure if I will need to upgrade. Thank you for the insight and pointers joe mandel. Need to clean the cabinets up and rejuvenate the wood, any suggestions there...restor-a-finish, danish oil???

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:24 pm 

Any decent furniture oil will work fine, rub some oil on, wait for a few minutes and wipe away the excess. A hundred watts should be fine and if it sounds good to you stick with it for awhile until you get the "itch".

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:43 pm 

joe mandel wrote:
Any decent furniture oil will work fine, rub some oil on, wait for a few minutes and wipe away the excess. A hundred watts should be fine and if it sounds good to you stick with it for awhile until you get the "itch".

Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:08 pm 

timarcc wrote:
joe mandel wrote:
Good luck.

Marc

Hello Marc,

I am need of two sets, two pair of foam surrounds for the tweeter and two pair of foam trim rings for the woofer. Please check your PM. Thank you Sir.

Mike

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:42 am 

txrsss wrote:
timarcc wrote:
joe mandel wrote:
Good luck.

Marc

Hello Marc,

I am need of two sets, two pair of foam surrounds for the tweeter and two pair of foam trim rings for the woofer. Please check your PM. Thank you Sir.

Mike

Hi Mike, so sorry for the late reply, I've been out of range for the last few months, will be back in a week. Anyway, I just replied to your PM.

Talk to you soon

Marc

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next