Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: wall frames for LPs...
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:45 am 

does anyone know of a Canadian supplier of a frame for LP sleeves that would hold a variety of LP jackets (no records within to reduce overall weight) that can be mounted on a wall in a listening area?

TIA
Ron

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:04 am 

Ron D wrote:
does anyone know of a Canadian supplier of a frame for LP sleeves that would hold a variety of LP jackets (no records within to reduce overall weight) that can be mounted on a wall in a listening area?

TIA
Ron

you know i looked at doing this as well, and found that ebay had the best prices and selection. however, the craft chain "Michaels" also had them available.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:07 am 

Or you could spend a little more and visit your local custom framer and have versions done up to suit your taste. The possibilities are endless.

The mass-produced ones are definitely going to be cheaper but you'll get better quailty work and materials, and much more potential variety, if you have them done to your specs. Doesn't have to cost an arm and a leg either unless you choose to cook up something really high-end.

Just go in, explain what you're after (budget-wise as well as appearance-wise) and they should be able to show you lots of options, from very basic to top-drawer. Just make sure that they know whether your criteria include having the abilty to swap out different covers down the road. If in doubt ask lots of questions!!

Feel free to PM me if you have any other specific queries or would like to double-check any info that you are given, as I have a little experience with this (see my CAM username :wink: ) You're far enough away that I shouldn't get accused of drumming up business :lol: .

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:17 am 

CD Warehouse in Ottawa used to carry LP and CD frames (and possibly still do). Have you tried any vinyl shops in your area?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:23 pm 

You can get them in Toronto at Urban outfitters on Yonge street for $15-$20 each. They have them with black frames or in silver. You can also order them from UO website as well. I have a wall of them and they look great.

Miles