Post subject: Re: Schumann Resonators
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:21 pm 

?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:58 pm 

Bandy wrote:
dts-99 wrote:
milesian wrote:
I have one in my listening room, sitting between the speakers. I bought it as a circuit board off ebay and mounted in an open box. Stays on constantly. Does it work? Cant really say yes or now, but it does no harm, so I just let it chug away. I wouldnt spend big money on one. Mine was cheap enough to take a chance with.

So you are saying that your no name, clone or fake copy of a circuit board has the same performance/effect of a unit from a audiophile company in Japan dedicated to audio tweaks? They are into the 3rd generation of this resonators over the past 10 years or so and the latest model is selling for US$690.

What a joke.

-- 07 Jun 2017 01:47 --

klavisual wrote:
My question was two fold.

1. Does anyone have info or experience about the health benefits. studies have shown that 7.85 hz resonance helps with sleep, headaches etc. Curious if anyone has experienced this.

2. Does it help with audio clarity by helping to rid emf frequencies.

-- 06 Jun 2017 22:13 --

Or is the schumann resonator in the same snake oil mystique as other intangibles in the audio tweaking world....you either experience a difference or you don't.
Science has nothing to do with it.

1. No experience on health benefits as I am all ok for now.

2. You can never get rid of RMI/EFI enough for your audio environment. Acoustic Revive is the audiophile company in Japan that make these and the latest model is RR-888. The previous model is the RR-777 and the oldest model is the RR-77. I just upgraded to two RR-888 from a single RR-777.

Calling the guy a joke is a bit harsh. I believe his resonator and yours does exactly the same thing..... meaning nothing. It's a great business model to sell product that produces "theoretically" sound frequency well below human hearing or even bellow anything measurable.
People r extremely prone to experience placebo effect.
Re audiophile company in business for a decade producing audio tweaks, there are 100's of them doing quite well beacouse human gullibility is unlimited.

It appears to me that the comment "what a joke" was aimed at an idea rather than a person.
Quite an important distinction and one often forgotten nowadays.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:37 pm 

Schumann resonators do have a sonic effect.
This has been my direct experience.
I have heard the early Acoustic Revive model and the one made by Kemp Electronics.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:02 pm 

milesian wrote:
I have one in my listening room, sitting between the speakers. I bought it as a circuit board off ebay and mounted in an open box. Stays on constantly. Does it work? Cant really say yes or now, but it does no harm, so I just let it chug away. I wouldnt spend big money on one. Mine was cheap enough to take a chance with.

the resonator gives off a frequency of 7.83Hz. harmful? hard to say but it's not like we're being bombarded by other radio frequencies 24hrs per day.

my concern would be the schumann generators - those that give off negative ions. now I kinda get the theory behind it but I also understand that many neg ion generators also produce ozone which is something one doesn't want their small room full of!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:56 am 

:D While the Himalayan Salt lamps are not Schumann Resonators, they have [apparently] been measured as given off negative ions. There seems to be no ozone build up with them or they would be taken off the market. The only recall I have seen was for a different brand of salt lamp that had a faulty switch and had to recalled. These lamps are helpful in reducing air born pollutants. I have a niece who suffers from allergies from pollens and she swears by it. Cheers, lloyd

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:33 am 

Considering a huge proportion of the world's population believes in deities whose existence cannot be proven via empirical means, I think a little faith in a Schumann Resonator is not too outlandish.

Decware SE84UFO2 ... Chord 2Qute.... Omega SAM's ... TEO GC Liquid Cables ... Audiosector Integrated... Auralic Aries Femto... Sonore Microrendu... Equi-Core 1200 Power Conditioner ... MCRU LPS... Meridian Explorer2 ... zavfino1877 power cord.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:03 am 
Dealer/Sponsor

milesian wrote:
Considering a huge proportion of the world's population believes in deities whose existence cannot be proven via empirical means, I think a little faith in a Schumann Resonator is not too outlandish.

A parallel evidential path showing the underlying faith based mentality of the humans on the planet:

the same goes for believing in a process of democracy, where the people elected (for the nth time, no change) show they remain connected to cliques that have nothing to do with serving the population.

In such context and world...Giving a Schumann resonator a shot is no big deal. The potatoes involved are so small they're practically invisible, so no need to tilt at that given windmill of someone trying out something that is actually trying real hard to be scientific in type and methodology.

The others mentioned aren't at all (scientific or definable), and have cause humanity untold grief. Untold grief. Untold grief.

Under such tabled evidence, going after someone who's trying out a Schumann Resonator seems.... more than a little bizarre.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:40 pm 

A review of the Acoustic Revive device:

http://www.soundfountain.com/amb/r77acousticrevive.html