Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:25 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Schumann Resonators
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:48 pm 

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with these devices. Either with there affect on audio or there affect on health and welfare. The science
of Schumann resonance is very real but I am curious about these devices and what they actually do. (or do not do)

Post subject: Re: Schumann Resonators
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:02 pm 

Your answer is no different than the cable debates.
There has not been a blind study or measurements done that proves they affect audio signals but people believe strongly they can hear a difference.
If you're a believer you might hear it doubtful if not.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:23 am 

I have one in my listening room, sitting between the speakers. I bought it as a circuit board off ebay and mounted in an open box. Stays on constantly. Does it work? Cant really say yes or now, but it does no harm, so I just let it chug away. I wouldnt spend big money on one. Mine was cheap enough to take a chance with.

Decware SE84UFO2 ... Chord 2Qute.... Omega SAM's ... TEO GC Liquid Cables ... Audiosector Integrated... Auralic Aries Femto... Sonore Microrendu... Equi-Core 1200 Power Conditioner ... MCRU LPS... Meridian Explorer2 ... zavfino1877 power cord.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:10 am 

:D If you're talking negative ions here you could simply try a salt lamp plugged in near your stereo. If nothing else it would relieve static.. It has been actually discovered that negative ions given off by salt lamps[within a small area], can cause air born "stuff" to fall to the ground and collect on the lamps surface which appears to have some health benefits . It may [or may not :roll: ] improve system playback as effects of microwaves, computers, cell phone, tvs, etc. YMMV. But they are cheap and look kinda cool. :) I use them. To each his own, eh? :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:16 am 
Dealer/Sponsor

They (the ever ambiguous they) say that Schumann resonators work best in the big city, due to all the electromagnetic noise. It would be a differential kinda thing.

In such a case, logic says use only one, otherwise..if they work as advertised..you'd get a beat frequency of some sort (multiples, resonance, etc) if you used two. More would not be better.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:59 am 

how do you sync the frequency with the earth frequency?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:21 am 
Dealer/Sponsor

renehuot70 wrote:
how do you sync the frequency with the earth frequency?

That is a problem, isn't it?

Whether it is an issue or not, who knows.

I've no idea if they work or not and I don't have one. Some people whom I've known, and those people used them, say they seem to work, in some fashion or another.

However, neurologically... we do respond to electromagnetic and electrostatic fields and most specifically, to modulation of said fields.

There's more than enough peer reviewed research in this area to bust the lip open on any naysayer with a lick of sense, science, and logic in them.

All that be as it may, this does not say anything about Schumann resonators in one's personal space. Just that some evidence exists in a related area. Nothing more.

We have subjective evidence... and then the truthful understanding that "objective" is nothing more than a projected ideal in an entirely subjective reality experience.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:58 am 

I've had the magic box for several years and in my system it does what it is intended to do and that has nothing to do with sequestering unwanted electronic interference.I find the musical presentation is more relaxed in the on position.I do notice a difference when it is not powered up.Furthermore,musical enhancement was more noticeable with my Electrostats in play then with floor standing speakers.Believe what your ears say not hearsay.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:39 pm 

Schumann Resonators
http://www.schumannresonator.com/

Previous topic information here...
http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=31894&hilit=Schumann

http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=24434&hilit=Schumann

Regards
Ohms

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:09 pm 

My question was two fold.

1. Does anyone have info or experience about the health benefits. studies have shown that 7.85 hz resonance helps with sleep, headaches etc. Curious if anyone has experienced this.

2. Does it help with audio clarity by helping to rid emf frequencies.

-- 06 Jun 2017 22:13 --

Or is the schumann resonator in the same snake oil mystique as other intangibles in the audio tweaking world....you either experience a difference or you don't.
Science has nothing to do with it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:39 pm 

I was first exposed to an Acoustic Revive RR77 at a friend's house. The system was already on and we had been listening for a while when he turned it on, I had no idea what it was, about a minute later the sound changed. The sonic image was clearer and defined. I asked him WTF and he showed and explained it to me. I bought one the next week and it has been part of my system ever since.

As for health benefits, while I do get frequent headaches, I have not noticed whether the resonator helps. If it has, the effect has not been profound enough for me to notice with that. It was profound enough for me to remark on the sound though. YMMV.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:23 pm 

Kartmn wrote:
I was first exposed to an Acoustic Revive RR77 at a friend's house. The system was already on and we had been listening for a while when he turned it on, I had no idea what it was, about a minute later the sound changed. The sonic image was clearer and defined. I asked him WTF and he showed and explained it to me. I bought one the next week and it has been part of my system ever since.

As for health benefits, while I do get frequent headaches, I have not noticed whether the resonator helps. If it has, the effect has not been profound enough for me to notice with that. It was profound enough for me to remark on the sound though. YMMV.

Wait till you get the RR777 or the latest RR888. You will be amazed of the improvement.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:38 pm 

milesian wrote:
I have one in my listening room, sitting between the speakers. I bought it as a circuit board off ebay and mounted in an open box. Stays on constantly. Does it work? Cant really say yes or now, but it does no harm, so I just let it chug away. I wouldnt spend big money on one. Mine was cheap enough to take a chance with.

So you are saying that your no name, clone or fake copy of a circuit board has the same performance/effect of a unit from a audiophile company in Japan dedicated to audio tweaks? They are into the 3rd generation of this resonators over the past 10 years or so and the latest model is selling for US$690.

What a joke.

-- 07 Jun 2017 01:47 --

klavisual wrote:

1. Does anyone have info or experience about the health benefits. studies have shown that 7.85 hz resonance helps with sleep, headaches etc. Curious if anyone has experienced this.

Or is the schumann resonator in the same snake oil mystique as other intangibles in the audio tweaking world....you either experience a difference or you don't.

1. No experience on health benefits as I am all ok for now.

2. You can never get rid of RMI/EFI enough for your audio environment. Acoustic Revive is the audiophile company in Japan that make these and the latest model is RR-888. The previous model is the RR-777 and the oldest model is the RR-77. I just upgraded to two RR-888 from a single RR-777.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:55 am 

I heard Chuck Norris has a Schumann Resonator, but it's the earth that syncs to his frequency.

Decware SE84UFO2 ... Chord 2Qute.... Omega SAM's ... TEO GC Liquid Cables ... Audiosector Integrated... Auralic Aries Femto... Sonore Microrendu... Equi-Core 1200 Power Conditioner ... MCRU LPS... Meridian Explorer2 ... zavfino1877 power cord.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:50 pm 

dts-99 wrote:
milesian wrote:

So you are saying that your no name, clone or fake copy of a circuit board has the same performance/effect of a unit from a audiophile company in Japan dedicated to audio tweaks? They are into the 3rd generation of this resonators over the past 10 years or so and the latest model is selling for US$690.

What a joke.

-- 07 Jun 2017 01:47 --

klavisual wrote:

1. No experience on health benefits as I am all ok for now.

2. You can never get rid of RMI/EFI enough for your audio environment. Acoustic Revive is the audiophile company in Japan that make these and the latest model is RR-888. The previous model is the RR-777 and the oldest model is the RR-77. I just upgraded to two RR-888 from a single RR-777.

Calling the guy a joke is a bit harsh. I believe his resonator and yours does exactly the same thing..... meaning nothing. It's a great business model to sell product that produces "theoretically" sound frequency well below human hearing or even bellow anything measurable.
People r extremely prone to experience placebo effect.
Re audiophile company in business for a decade producing audio tweaks, there are 100's of them doing quite well beacouse human gullibility is unlimited.