Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:41 pm 

I.S.C.T – ‘Poetry Of Sounds’ Point Source w/ Dual Sized – Floating Face Plate(s) ….

Living for years now in an Artists community it is unavoidable to come across and meat people of many different Interests including performance Artists as well as musician etc.

Anyway, a few weeks back I had visiting an old flat mate from way back asking me if I could assist with the repair of his daughter’s car while she was overseas. So while attending to that job we were talking about music mainly, and I did get some great insides to what was going on here in the pro NZ pro live music scene etc. and my to my great surprise he was telling me that there was a lot of unhappy performing musician struggling with their ‘Fold backs’ speakers as in quality of build and most of all sound quality …..

Well, I saw immediately that this was/could be a new project and something to think about for ‘Dr. Phil’….. so my friend & I were discussing this all over the next few day in more detail and I made mental notes of what he as a performer was looking for, and with all that info under my belt I had strait away my project idea and I told him about it and what it should all entail for the first set to be tested & to create something to build upon.

Of course I had to finish my Sub woofer build up D (I.S.C.T – ‘12” Cylindrical Sub Enclosure’ as a (Sealed/Vented) with Dual Side Walls ….)

http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=46117 first before giving this one a try!

So now I have been able to rattle this new project through arriving at a state were once again I have to wait for the parts to arrive from overseas.

This project is quiet in his infant state AS IS, but it has shaped up so far very nicely attempting a cross breed between something like a set of stage speakers with extreme good sound qualities (just simple the same or even better as the last two projects which are still in the run in period) as well as be usable at home as a set for practice or even to be used as a set of speakers in hid house for music in general!

Ok, I like to mention that the first Images are when looking at them are greatly/very misleading as the finish product will be quiet something else from what you would expect, but I think that this is nothing new to viewers which have seen previous projects of mine. In any case bit by bit it will unfold as parts ordered are only now days away so if you like then get your thoughts around these markers ‘Point Source - Dual Sized, Floating Faceplate’.

rgs UpperCut

Attachments:
Picture 754aa.jpg
Picture 754aa.jpg [ 186.25 KiB | Viewed 1751 times ]
Picture 755aa.jpg
Picture 755aa.jpg [ 234.76 KiB | Viewed 1754 times ]
Picture 751aa.jpg
Picture 751aa.jpg [ 249.3 KiB | Viewed 1754 times ]
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:31 am 

I'm definitely watching!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:12 am 

What drivers have you ordered?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:13 pm 

Hi there and thanks for the reply!

There is actually a bit more to this whole project as this is just only one size out of three templates I made in total (small, medium & large) so for this size (small)I ordered two of the (Dayton Audio PS180-8 6-1/2" Point Source Full-Range Neo Driver) and the same size enclosure could also use the 8" version of the same unit which I mite get, but I'm still undecided on that one as I'm looking also at others as well which are different of course, but would suit.

I think very much that the most Interesting part for sure will be in the dual sized arrangement of a floating face plate - well it will actually be a triple pack, but only two are of different size & floating and fully exchangeable as the build up is made up out off a base plate a fully exchangeable chassis carrier face plate and a fully exchangeable blending face plate which together will make up the baffle and so the baffle shape & size is quiet open to tested options.

rgs UpperCut

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:33 pm 

Both speaker chassis etc. just arrived!

rgs UpperCut

Attachments:
Picture 758aa.jpg
Picture 758aa.jpg [ 245.13 KiB | Viewed 1564 times ]
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 12:38 am 

After running these chassis for about 5 hours on some quiet light/medium music program material & without an enclosure I got a fair idea what I could expect once they would be boxed. Yet, well they did blow me away X10 in this very simple test set up (& without the finish product baffle/face plate mounted) playing through them for a couple of hours a Classical Guitar & pushing a lot of Harmonics.

My professional Gutarist friend just could not or wanted to stop as he enjoyed the reproduction on these speakers so much!

rgs UpperCut

Attachments:
Picture 772aa.jpg
Picture 772aa.jpg [ 200.81 KiB | Viewed 1361 times ]
Picture 760aa.jpg
Picture 760aa.jpg [ 259.94 KiB | Viewed 1474 times ]

Last edited by UpperCut on Mon May 15, 2017 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:53 pm 

Well, starting to come together now!

rgs UpperCut

Attachments:
Picture 763aa.jpg
Picture 763aa.jpg [ 187.51 KiB | Viewed 1427 times ]
Picture 770aa.jpg
Picture 770aa.jpg [ 233.92 KiB | Viewed 1427 times ]
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:29 am 

Well, another test session for Guitar using only one of the cabinets which is nearly fully completed! To discribe the reproduction I would like to say 'It Was Simply Amazing'.

rgs UpperCut

Images were taken by the Guitarist on his phone! & others by myself.

Attachments:
Picture 767aa.jpg
Picture 767aa.jpg [ 205.47 KiB | Viewed 1362 times ]
IMG_0520ab.jpg
IMG_0520ab.jpg [ 234.21 KiB | Viewed 1362 times ]
IMG_0537ab.jpg
IMG_0537ab.jpg [ 239.64 KiB | Viewed 1362 times ]
IMG_0539ab.jpg
IMG_0539ab.jpg [ 221.61 KiB | Viewed 1362 times ]
IMG_0523ab.jpg
IMG_0523ab.jpg [ 185.4 KiB | Viewed 1362 times ]
Picture 777aa.jpg