Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Only paying dealers and advertisers may post here. Please only post using your MAIN official dealer account, other posts will be deleted without warning.

The only replies allowed by non-dealers in this Dealer News & Announcements Forum should be directly related to what is being announced (availability, timeline, pricing, etc..) and not on the merits of the products themselves. This is not a forum for review or debate of the merits of various technologies and products being announced.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:46 pm 
Dealer/Sponsor

Thank you, Tom!

No appointment necessary for auditions, you're more than welcome anytime (that we are open :D ). However, feel free to give us a ring to say hello and let us know when you're thinking of coming by. It will be nice to hear from you.

Thank again, Tom. Talk soon.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:17 pm 

SimcoeSound wrote:
The easiest system, for all in one Sky or Sky Tower is the new Hegel H90 for digital and Rega Brio for vinyl (paired with a Hegel HD12 for both).

I have been thinking about adding the Sky Towers or the Sky Bookshelves to my system. I have the Rega Brio (2017) and I do like the amp a lot, great sound and it pairs nicely with my RP3.

Do you think that the Sky Towers and the Sky Bookshelves can easily be driven by the Brio and that it is a great match?

I have only recently gotten into this hobby and I feel a bit overwhelmed with trying to upgrade my speakers (I have Focal 705Vs right now) as I feel that before I even consider buying new speakers I need to go back to the drawing board with my amp choice.

I was wondering if you would be able to offer any more insight. I was looking at a pair of Arro's (4 ohms) for with my Brio (2017) but I don't think it will be a good match for my current system and I prefer the Skys in terms of size and looks.

I am also looking for a speaker that can play music just as well quietly as it can loudly, Totem seems to be a great choice for this. Can you speak directly about this with the Sky Towers and Sky Bookshelves?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:22 am 
Dealer/Sponsor

dlodewyk wrote:
SimcoeSound wrote:
The easiest system, for all in one Sky or Sky Tower is the new Hegel H90 for digital and Rega Brio for vinyl (paired with a Hegel HD12 for both).

I have been thinking about adding the Sky Towers or the Sky Bookshelves to my system. I have the Rega Brio (2017) and I do like the amp a lot, great sound and it pairs nicely with my RP3.

Do you think that the Sky Towers and the Sky Bookshelves can easily be driven by the Brio and that it is a great match?

I have only recently gotten into this hobby and I feel a bit overwhelmed with trying to upgrade my speakers (I have Focal 705Vs right now) as I feel that before I even consider buying new speakers I need to go back to the drawing board with my amp choice.

I was wondering if you would be able to offer any more insight. I was looking at a pair of Arro's (4 ohms) for with my Brio (2017) but I don't think it will be a good match for my current system and I prefer the Skys in terms of size and looks.

I am also looking for a speaker that can play music just as well quietly as it can loudly, Totem seems to be a great choice for this. Can you speak directly about this with the Sky Towers and Sky Bookshelves?

Hello dlodewyk,

I would definitely hold onto the Brio (2017), especially if you are considering one of the Sky models. I can tell you it is plenty of power for them, mates very very well. And is probably the least expensive amplifier that will get such great results with the Sky. The combination is quite revealing, but refined with the right source. I think an RP3 and Brio would be great together. I currently have the Towers hooked up to a Brio and P2 (2017) in the store front and it's the probably the best bang for buck system here.

As I mentioned the Icon Audio 20PP and Hegel H90 are great mates for them as well, but would not recommend selling off or trading your Brio for them unless they suit your needs better. For sound quality, all three are the best value.

I will PM you with other info to keep this thread on topic. But I do recommend keeping your Brio for sure.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:08 pm 

Thank you so much for the reply!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:47 pm 

Daniel, I think the Sky bookshelf would be a better fit for your amp than the Arro if you're still evaluating both.

Their voicing are, in my opinion, quite different however.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:40 pm 

msommers wrote:
Daniel, I think the Sky bookshelf would be a better fit for your amp than the Arro if you're still evaluating both.

Their voicing are, in my opinion, quite different however.

Thanks Matthew, you're a gentleman. Glad you sold those Arros (for all my waffling) and I hope you enjoy those new speakers! You certainly have an impressive system.

From what I can tell the Skys will be the right choice for me, although from all I understand the Rega Brio would still have preformed with the Arros. It is a crying shame that the local shop sold their demo pair of Sky Towers and have no idea when the next set will be in.

I hate the idea of buying blind but I might try out the Sky Standmounters and then buy blind with the Sky Towers...