Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Only paying dealers and advertisers may post here. Please only post using your MAIN official dealer account, other posts will be deleted without warning.

The only replies allowed by non-dealers in this Dealer News & Announcements Forum should be directly related to what is being announced (availability, timeline, pricing, etc..) and not on the merits of the products themselves. This is not a forum for review or debate of the merits of various technologies and products being announced.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 7:49 am 
Dealer/Sponsor

Hello fellow CAMmers.

From May 5th to 10th, we will be donating 5% of all sales to the Red Cross, to help the victims of the Fort Mac fire.

Such a tragedy, our hearts go out to everyone affected.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 11:41 am 

So....

Feel good sales tactic or what.

Just donate if you want to. Dont be tacky and turn a tragedy into a profit generator. ;) It's not a Tim Hortons camp for kids....

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 9:23 pm 

Really, why would you poke a guy just trying to help. He didn't have to give a dime to anyone with this need and chose to. Do I believe there is some part of the gesture that is aimed at supporting sales, yes. Is this a bad thing. No, I am quite sure the primary motivation is about the cause and I don't object to someone running a business in the process. Those of you who think profit is a dirty word have no idea what you are talking about.

To the OP, thank you for thinking of those in need and doing something about it.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 10:35 pm 

Serenity_now wrote:
So....

Just donate if you want to. Dont be tacky and turn a tragedy into a profit generator. ;) It's not a Tim Hortons camp for kids....

So what Serenity_now? This IS the appropriate Forum section reserved for Dealers (and only Dealers) to make announcements of this kind and regular users are NOT allowed to post here.

Read the Orange box at the top of this thread.

Forum rules

Only paying dealers and advertisers may post here. Please only post using your MAIN official dealer account, other posts will be deleted without warning.

CAM Moderation Team

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 1:14 am 
Dealer/Sponsor

Serenity_now wrote:
So....

Just trying to help out man. I really could use that extra 5% as times are tough for me, but not anywhere near as tough as the people affected by the fire. Go ahead and google where I am located, do you really think I make a lot of cash where I am? In the middle of our resession to boot? I'm doing it for the love. And I want to help out. I actually wanted to do 10% but really can't afford to. I already donated as much of my personal income as I could, I would hope my neighbours would do the same for me in such a horrible situation.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 1:48 am 
Dealer/Sponsor

Quote:
Hello fellow CAMmers.

From May 5th to 10th, we will be donating 5% of all sales to the Red Cross, to help the victims of the Fort Mac fire.

Such a tragedy, our hearts go out to everyone affected.

I am with you and I will do the same. Good for you. I remember back when the Towers were hit Audiogon set up an auction site for people and or dealers to donate products up for auction which raised a ton of cash. I still have a placard of thanks from the NYFD for my donation that I hang proudly in my office. Good for you.-Jody

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 5:30 am 

Serenity_now wrote:
So....

Obviously you have no family affected.
What's your business doing to help out?

Currently have a deal pending on my Projector Lamp, when I have the funds I will donate 100% of the sale to Red Cross. Care to match this?

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 5:54 am 

Forbes_2 wrote:
Serenity_now wrote:
So....

Just trying to help out man. I really could use that extra 5% as times are tough for me, but not anywhere near as tough as the people affected by the fire. Go ahead and google where I am located, do you really think I make a lot of cash where I am? In the middle of our resession to boot? I'm doing it for the love. And I want to help out. I actually wanted to do 10% but really can't afford to. I already donated as much of my personal income as I could, I would hope my neighbours would do the same for me in such a horrible situation.

Cheers and thanks for helping.
And all the best in your tough economical situation.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 5:24 am 
Premium User

Donate to the Red Cross and the Canadian Government will match it 100%.
Plus you get a tax deduction you can then spend on audio if you want.