Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Feedback for dealers regarding experience OUTSIDE of CAM must go in the Dealer Feedback Forum.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:33 pm 

You do not know me but I have baught about 5 items off Cam. All local sales. Come over to the sellers house, audition, and buy at the price my fellow Cam member was offering. No problems. I have sold about 5 items here on Cam, local sales only. Buyer comes over auditions and buys, No problems. I will not ship, or buy outside of Ottawa due to reading numerous posts such as this. There is cable right now that I want to buy from say, Alberta. But will not as I'm afraid now of being ripped off.

Why???

John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:04 pm 

6 weeks is totally unacceptable, thanks for posting this and warning others about this seller. This is the kind of story that makes me cautious of buying equipment from across the country on good faith and having it shipped.........I can't believe some people (the seller included) are making excuses for this :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:27 pm 

hey welcome SMR, sometimes we dont have a choice but to buy across the country.
items that we cherish are few and far between and when they do show up if you dont pounce first, well you know what i mean.
ive only been done bad once on this site but the bretheren here made it their business to make it right. and they did it in a good way.

thats what keep me coming back.
if you dont shoot straight you are quickly weeded out, and how..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:46 am 

The seller in question places ads on kijiji all the time to buy audio equipment cheap, and it would seem that he just brings it to CAM to flip it. Guys like that can't possibly test the gear very well, if at all, and they sure don't know its history. He has written about a few items that I have had for sale, and he has proved to be a pain-in-the-ass low-baller. I know his e-mail address now, and I just don't answer him any more. I would much rather deal with other audio guys than with these "buy cheap and sell fast" flippers. My best advice is to avoid him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:18 am 

If what you said is true Quadzilla, then I will certainly treat the seller with care. Thanks for the heads up.

Even tho there was communication (seems like there was ONLY 1 or 2 communications over a 6 weeks period,) there is still no excuse for not sending it for over a month after the money is in the hands. I would say it MAY BE acceptable if the buyer is warned before hand it will take a while, due to the seller's very "busy schedule". Even then a weekly update will be expected if I am the buyer.

Cant imagine there are other CAMers who actually come out to "defend" such practice. If you were the seller and did not receive an item you paid for 6 weeks, would you just sit and wait and do nothing ?

Imagine if the OP did not post, I imagine the seller will just spend his time "surf Kijiji" and "flip on CAM" rather than finally get his act together and hopefully send out the item :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:15 am 

993king wrote:
If what you said is true Quadzilla, then I will certainly treat the seller with care. Thanks for the heads up.

http://london.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell- ... dZ45726232

... but just in case it is suddenly deleted ...

Street address: Georgetown, L7G4W3 View map
Date Listed: 11-Apr-08

I'll be in london this coming Sunday and am interested in buying stereo equipment no longer wanted or being used. Prefer equipment from the 70's like Pioneer - Sansui - Luxman - Kenwood - Yamaha etc - cassette decks - turntables - receivers etc etc . I'll pay fair prices and of course pick up - looking forward to hearing from someone - cheers !!

... and this is not the only one ...

http://london.kijiji.ca/c-PostersOtherA ... IdZ2480691

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:11 am 

It does look like the same person. As long as seller is being straight and honest on the description when they post on CAM, I dont think it matters where that person source it from. I read the ad about the unsent tuner and it seems a straight forward ad (I will be mad if the seller claimed to be original seller but clearly a pawn shop/Kijiji pickup.)

I guess it should be clear that 6 weeks waiting time for a paid piece is too long and unacceptable by any standard. I am sure if the seller maintains a better dialogue in the first place, the OP will not be "forced" to start this thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 9:36 am 

Just for the record Ted has his Technics tuner and a $50 refund.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:50 am 

Kevin is a great guy and he travels a lot in his job which enables him to find good deals on stereo equipment. So often he may consummate deals while on the road. Having said that when I advertise an item and I know it will probably have to be shipped I make sure I have the proper packaging available so that shipping can be done as quickly as possible. In this case the buyer should realize that Kevin has been around for a while so he's not in the business of ripping people off for a few measly bucks. He can always listen to some discs in the meanwhile!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:02 am 

You DO know that you are replying to a post that is five and a half years old, right?

If you can use one of those newfangled Internets, you can post photos in your damn classified ads. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:10 am 

Yeah I know - how come you noticed my reply? LOL I got caught up in the thread as I was looking at an old ad of his for a JVC QL-Y66F turntable which had expired so I looking for him on the site to inquire if he still had it but he's no longer active. Is that ok with you?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:52 am 

Recent replies appear on the right side of the CAM home page. Is that OK with YOU?

If you can use one of those newfangled Internets, you can post photos in your damn classified ads. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:11 am 

Anyway I was able to call him and had a pleasant conversation regarding his store in Georgetown. Of course the turntable is long gone but I'll probably stop by and check out his records and cds for sale. Plus he has an Eico tube amp that may be of interest. Cheers, Mike.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:32 am 

We have a section to report feedback on transactions. It gives a member three choices and an area for comments for both the seller and buyer. Personally, I doubt I would give the seller positive feedback in this instance but I would use this section instead of posting a beware of..... We should use that type of posting for more serious warnings such as scams etc. It was reported as resolved afterall. Just my two cents.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:44 am 

hah just checked date who resurrected that one?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next