Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Feedback for dealers regarding experience OUTSIDE of CAM must go in the Dealer Feedback Forum.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:29 am 

money order is not like a cheque ...op paid up front for money order..it doesn't matter if you cashed or not

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:33 am 

You obviously missed the point - I was accused of cashing the money order and running. I have got nothing out of this deal - except council with the Queen .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:42 am 

Sorry I missed the point..Did you send his tuner yet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:45 am 

city-boy6 wrote:
Just to make it clear to all you guys with nothing better to do than sum up the lives and values of others - not only did I NOT cash the money order - it is still in the unopend letter sent to me. And if you are running out of inane - obvious - predictable comments please note that I recently stepped on a snail and I think I returned a movie late. Have fun .

Its all well and good to get defensive now city-boy6, and perhaps some of the criticism has been a fraction harsh but when you say to someone, " I'm shipping out the tuner on Monday for sure !!! " then you really ought to follow through on your word. Otherwise your own earlier, roundabout admission of guilt, "I'm an ass", ends up being rather prophetic, dontcha think???

Sorry, but from where I sit you've let down your end of the bargain and are being taken to task for that...nothing more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:57 am 

You obviously missed the point - I was accused of cashing the money order and running. I have got nothing out of this deal - except council with the Queen .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:14 am 

city-boy6 wrote:

Actually, a money order is just like cash. So if you have the money order, whether you cashed it or not, the money is in your hands. Now after not shipping the item and not responding after you indicated that you would ship it on the Monday of the 14th of April, anyone would assume that the item was either lost in the mail or not shipped. In addition, saying that you got nothing out of the deal is not correct as, even though you claim that you have not opened the envelop containing the MO, you have the MO in hand, so you actually got the money you asked for. It is the OP who "got nothing out of this deal" as of yet as he is out of the cash and he still doesn't have the item that was paid for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:05 pm 

Otta-what? wrote:
Requesting the negative to be taken off before you receive the goods is a big no, no, especially after so many weeks. The negative should only be removed AFTER the goods have been delivered but even then, due to the length of time involved, the transaction should only be considered, in my opinion, NEUTRAL rather than positive.

As for fazman,
Quote:
That's just me I guess... As for my polices when I sell gear... They usually go out within a week of receiving the money.

Unless it's payment with a cheque and unless I have previously informed the buyer that I would be out of town, I ship my items out the day of or the day after payment is received, no later. You don't screw around with the buyer by delaying shipping as they have already parted with their hard earned cash to you. My 2 cents.

Ok, I was going to obstain from any more posts regarding this but I do have to comment on this. "Screwing around with a customer" is not the intent by shipping out within a week! My Lord get a grip here.
When I ship an item I bullet proof pack. So it may take me a little longer than most to pack but my customers have always been appreciative of the fact that I take so much care in doing so. I think my feedback can attest to this.
I really think that just about anyone would be ok with shipping out within a week if it is at least mentioned that you would do that.
I have purchased items before from people and received the said item later than a week. ... and it was not even mentioned to me that they would do that. I found the transactions to be more than pleasurable.
Enough for me to leave a glowing positive feedback for the gentleman.

I realize that packing takes time and that people have families etc... So if I don't get my purchased product within that "week"... I'm completely ok with that. Especially when you are dealing with someone who has very good feedback to begin with.

This thread obviously turned into a train wreck and I have to say that I feel responslible for that as a result of my post.
Two things...One I apologize for offending anyone including t8ter.
Second... I still stand by my opinion about the neg feedback post. I don't agree with the amount of time it took to send out the product but I don't think it warranted the thread.

I've said my peace.

Kevin and t8ter.... I hope you guys can work it out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:43 pm 

T-eight!!!!! buddy!! 8)

totally unacceptable city-guy!! ship the tuner and pack it like it was fine china!! or pay the man his money back with interest and count your lucky stars you dont get a negative... oh, and nice post in the classifieds!! Your dog eat his address?? LOL!!

http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/ ... ed__tait_/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:57 pm 

city-boy6 wrote:
Just to make it clear to all you guys with nothing better to do than sum up the lives and values of others - not only did I NOT cash the money order - it is still in the unopend letter sent to me. And if you are running out of inane - obvious - predictable comments please note that I recently stepped on a snail and I think I returned a movie late. Have fun .

When did you find time to rent, watch and return a movie in your unusually busy schedule? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:03 pm 

city-guy, everyone makes mistakes, BUT, it's how you react to those mistakes that count... food for thought...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:22 pm 

city-boy6 wrote:

Seems like city-boy has lots of time to post but no time to ship. :roll: :lol:

City-B, Fire a quick email to FedEx, ups..etc they will come to you during your busy day and pick the tuner up and deliver it to the new owner....It's simple and takes about 2 minutes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:24 pm 

bolly wrote:
city-guy, everyone makes mistakes, BUT, it's how you react to those mistakes that count... food for thought...

Well put..Bolly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:43 pm 

2channelrules wrote:
city-boy6 wrote:

Seems like city-boy has lots of time to post but no time to ship. :roll: :lol:

City-B, Fire a quick email to FedEx, ups..etc they will come to you during your busy day and pick the tuner up and deliver it to the new owner....It's simple and takes about 2 minutes.

But that would make too much sense. Much better to procrastinate and make excuses....and go to the video store.... and hand deliver items to other buyers..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:57 pm 

city-girl wrote....."You obviously missed the point - I was accused of cashing the money order and running. I have got nothing out of this deal - except council with the Queen."

Words of wisdom from city-girl....since it's a money order the buyer has paid, you have the money, he can't get it back - unless YOU choose to send it back. You have the pre, you have the money order, he has nothing but frustration.

I don't really care if you hand delivered to someone else, you don't have any respect for the people you're dealing with, just read your own response a couple of times - disgusting.

I personally don't think CAM should remove this thread, but I do think they should make an example of this seller!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:18 pm 

Shut up and ship it. What else is there to say? 'I was hoping to keep it local' doesnt cut it. Does that mean you would ditch this sale in favour of a local deal if it came in the meantime? That's a douche move. Totally douche. You made the deal . So, Shut up and ship. Find a shipper that will take it Sunday. Shut up and ship it. Thank you. Undercover mod hat off. :wink:
Shut up, ship it.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next