Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Feedback for dealers regarding experience OUTSIDE of CAM must go in the Dealer Feedback Forum.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:29 pm 

A long forgotten post buried in the forums is better than a red square in your feedback. The way I see it, the OP did the seller a favour by posting on the forums before tarnishing the seller's feedback, and he'll likely get his tuner on the double now. Sounds like this one's resolved and the mods should lock the thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:32 pm 

fazman wrote:
Ok... This is all I will say about this and I'm done! For the record, I think the seller took way too long to deliver. communication was bad as well, but there WAS communication. At least the responses were quick enough as to not have the buyer wondering wheather or not he got rooked. Not exactly what I would have said to the seller but hey...
Did it warrant the post? Many say yes. I say no. I think we can all agree to the fact that we disagree. I'm NOT apologizing for the seller for taking as long as he did. Only he knows why he did what he did.
I think it's too easy for soemone to slaughter someone on the forums as a means to get satisfaction. That is why I posted my response.
Posting negative feedback like that is damaging to someone especially one who frequently sells gear on this sight.
If you feel the post was warranted... no problem! I don't feel it was.

Over and out!

Yet, a month after the buyer sent payment and after several promises from the seller to ship the unit within a few days, which he didn't, you think the OP is unduly damaging the sellers rep?

You are entitled to your opinion of course. But, I don't get it.

I just bought a bass guitar from a guy in Montreal. I payed him on Friday, got it on Wednesday. That's the way a deal "should" go down. I would have been rather annoyed had I had to wait a month until the seller got the urge to fulfill his part of the deal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:48 pm 

charliebrown wrote:
A long forgotten post buried in the forums is better than a red square in your feedback. The way I see it, the OP did the seller a favour by posting on the forums before tarnishing the seller's feedback, and he'll likely get his tuner on the double now. Sounds like this one's resolved and the mods should lock the thread.

A very good call!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:48 pm 

SatoriGFX wrote:
fazman wrote:
Ok... This is all I will say about this and I'm done! For the record, I think the seller took way too long to deliver. communication was bad as well, but there WAS communication. At least the responses were quick enough as to not have the buyer wondering wheather or not he got rooked. Not exactly what I would have said to the seller but hey...
Did it warrant the post? Many say yes. I say no. I think we can all agree to the fact that we disagree. I'm NOT apologizing for the seller for taking as long as he did. Only he knows why he did what he did.
I think it's too easy for soemone to slaughter someone on the forums as a means to get satisfaction. That is why I posted my response.
Posting negative feedback like that is damaging to someone especially one who frequently sells gear on this sight.
If you feel the post was warranted... no problem! I don't feel it was.

Over and out!

Yet, a month after the buyer sent payment and after several promises from the seller to ship the unit within a few days, which he didn't, you think the OP is unduly damaging the sellers rep?

You are entitled to your opinion of course. But, I don't get it.

I just bought a bass guitar from a guy in Montreal. I payed him on Friday, got it on Wednesday. That's the way a deal "should" go down. I would have been rather annoyed had I had to wait a month until the seller got the urge to fulfill his part of the deal.

Yes I would have been annoyed too...
So I guess you fall under the "post was justified" camp... :wink:
Really though... I guess why "I" have the problem with the post is that I know myself I would have increased my "efforts" in trying to obtain the gear before resorting to a public post.
That's just me I guess... As for my polices when I sell gear... They usually go out within a week of receiving the money. There were times I might have been a little later but my communications were very clear along the way. If the item is small, it will usually go out immediately.

Hey it's all good that we can share opinions like this. I still stand by my opinion regarding the intial post though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:52 pm 

Making someone wait 6 weeks is unacceptable. Either deliver the goods or refund his money.

Last edited by Preda-tech on Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:05 pm 

Just to weigh in on the subject,

I had a positive transaction with Kevin just yesterday (thursday) on a deal for an amp and preamp that he was selling.

The items were acurately described and he was even kind enough to drop them off to me at work (which was pretty accomodating if you ask me).

So... I would have to say that he seems to be a legit dude, people can get busy and forget about things from time to time.

6 weeks is a bit long I must admit, but it may have been a bit premature in posting this on the forum without further communication between the 2 of you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:20 pm 

6 weeks is premature ? Give me a break. There is no excuse for a 6 week delay. Frankly I would have posted sooner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:44 pm 

you can check my file way back, i got a bottom feeder. promised me a fine technics tuner. paid money never recieved.

these fine people from CAM, a few. each pulled 20.00 out of their own pockets and payed what he owed.

i, a man of simple means, really feel greatful for that. this simple jesture keeps bringing me back to this site.

i will never forget this.

YOU know who you are.

we are Canadians, get rid of the scammers and keep this site CANADIAN.

cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:25 am 

Phatt22 wrote:
Just to weigh in on the subject,

I had a positive transaction with Kevin just yesterday (thursday) on a deal for an amp and preamp that he was selling.

The items were acurately described and he was even kind enough to drop them off to me at work (which was pretty accomodating if you ask me).

So... I would have to say that he seems to be a legit dude, people can get busy and forget about things from time to time.

6 weeks is a bit long I must admit, but it may have been a bit premature in posting this on the forum without further communication between the 2 of you.

Not sure if your post exactly helps make the seller look any better. Seems the seller had time to drop off an item to you personally yet, by his own admission, still has not shipped goods to the OP after over a month because he has been very busy, out of town, meeting with the Queen etc...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:29 am 

SatoriGFX wrote:

Not sure if your post exactly helps make the seller look any better. Seems the seller had time to drop off an item to you personally yet, by his own admission, still has not shipped goods to the OP after over a month because he has been very busy, out of town, meeting with the Queen etc...

An interesting observation SatoriGFX, and a very valid point!

Post subject: Reply
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:16 am 

Guys, Just to set the record straight, it was over a month that I waited and two weeks since Kevin replied to any email I sent him. Early on in this transaction I told told a few times that it was being sent only to find something like "I'm an ass" and it would be sent the next day and it still was not. I will retract everything when I receive the said Tuner or my money order . I think this in alot of cases is, if the shoe was on the other foot you would have done the same. After reading some of your comments I do see this is harsh but necessary if I want to receive anything in return for my money. I haven't heard from Kevin in two weeks guys!!!!! I live in the same country as the seller! if he would give me a firm date on anything I would have been satisfied and this wouldn't be necessary but he didn't ............twice. I sent this negative feedback as an effort to alert people as to what they may expect and ..........guess what? I got a reply back from ....yes Kevin within and hour and a half! I spoke to admin a week ago about what I could do to resolve this issue and was told to post but still I gave Kevin one more week to step up.I, as I said before will retract everything posted and even put in some positive feedback if that is what is wanted by Kevin but not as he requests , remove the negative feed back before I get this resolved! I wonder if you guys would do it this was or clear his name before anything was done by Kevin?
t8ter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:10 am 

Requesting the negative to be taken off before you receive the goods is a big no, no, especially after so many weeks. The negative should only be removed AFTER the goods have been delivered but even then, due to the length of time involved, the transaction should only be considered, in my opinion, NEUTRAL rather than positive.

As for fazman,
Quote:
That's just me I guess... As for my polices when I sell gear... They usually go out within a week of receiving the money.

Unless it's payment with a cheque and unless I have previously informed the buyer that I would be out of town, I ship my items out the day of or the day after payment is received, no later. You don't screw around with the buyer by delaying shipping as they have already parted with their hard earned cash to you. My 2 cents.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:23 am 

If the seller found the time to cash the MO then he should have found the time to send the unit out.

Simple as that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:12 am 

Pneumonic wrote:
If the seller found the time to cash the MO then he should have found the time to send the unit out.

Simple as that!

Absolutely! To accept the money and NOT bother to follow through is just not acceptable. I have had a couple of almost deals with this seller, and it would seem that I managed to dodge a bullet. Thanks for the post. It is good to see that my instincts were correct about this guy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:23 am 

Just to make it clear to all you guys with nothing better to do than sum up the lives and values of others - not only did I NOT cash the money order - it is still in the unopend letter sent to me. And if you are running out of inane - obvious - predictable comments please note that I recently stepped on a snail and I think I returned a movie late. Have fun .

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next