Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:54 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Feedback for dealers regarding experience OUTSIDE of CAM must go in the Dealer Feedback Forum.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:09 pm 

Beware of Kevin Farrar/ city-boy6 set up deal with kevin was in contact with him agreed on a price sent him the money order although he was fine with cash he said and was told of delays and how he was out of town but he did cash the money order. Hasn't contacted me in a couple of weeks but I have seen he is still doing business on here so I thought I would warn everyone that he doesn't deliver.

here:http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/81971-technics__8077___fm__only__tuner____near_new_

Kevin, just a reminder to please send the tuner I paid for . Ted

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To:
Subject: Re: Response to your ad FOR SALE: Technics 8077 FM Only Tuner - Near new !!
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 16:33:44 -0400

I'm an ass !! I've been out of town a bunch lately. I'm shipping out the tuner on Monday for sure !!!
----- Original Message -----
To:
Sent: Saturday, April 12, 2008 4:28 PM
Subject: FW: Response to your ad FOR SALE: Technics 8077 FM Only Tuner - Near new !!

Kevin, What is happening as far as the shipping of the tuner? It's been two weeks since you confirmed you were paid and I haven't heard anything from you as far as holding up your end of the deal and shipping the tuner. Please contact me as soon as possible. Ted

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To:
Subject: Re: Response to your ad FOR SALE: Technics 8077 FM Only Tuner - Near new !!
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 15:46:30 -0400

Yes I did but I've been out of town much this week. I'll package in a day or two and conform shipping date - thanks much !
To:
Sent: Sunday, March 30, 2008 11:06 AM
Subject: FW: Response to your ad FOR SALE: Technics 8077 FM Only Tuner - Near new !!

Kevin, Have you received the money order I sent you March 15? I haven't received any confirmation and was wondering? Ted

To:
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 20:04:37 -0400

Sounds good Ted - I'll confirm when I ship out !!
To: kevinfarrar
Sent: Saturday, March 15, 2008 3:31 PM
Subject: RE: Response to your ad FOR SALE: Technics 8077 FM Only Tuner - Near new !!

Kevin, Sent the money order to your address first thing Saturday morning. thanks again Ted

> From:
> To:
> Subject: Re: Response to your ad FOR SALE: Technics 8077 FM Only Tuner - Near new !!
> Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 20:26:59 -0400
>
> Just got home from out of town - very sorry. Here's my address - I guess it
> has to be cash.
>
> Kevin Farrar
> 28 Hillside DriveGeorgetown - Ontario
> L7G4W3
>
> You can send a money order or cash if you're daring - I'll package the tuner
> this weekend -thanks much !!
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Canuck Audio Mart Reply System" <
> To: <>
> Sent: Friday, March 14, 2008 7:42 PM
> Subject: Response to your ad FOR SALE: Technics 8077 FM Only Tuner - Near
> new !!
>
>
> > Kevin the $80.00 including shipping is acceptable let me know how you want
> > me to make payment to you. Thanks ted
> >
> >
> > ***** Canuck Audio Mart Message *****
> >
> > Check out this user and their recent feedback by users at:
> > http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/find.php?
> >
> > The original ad for this reply can be found here:
> > http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/ ... _near_new_
> >
> > Some extra info on this member:
> > This is a response from a Guest, who appears to be responding from Canada
> > by its IP country (with 5-6% of inaccuracy. Please visit this page to
> > read more about our detection of country of origin.
> > http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/ipc_details.php).
> >
>

[Edit by Mod: Somehow this old thread from 2008 got bumped. The original issue was resolved back then (see page 4) so this feedback is well beyond current]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:23 pm 

t8ter... Although I haven't done a deal with Kevin before (was thinking about it as I travel to Georgetown often)... leaving this kind of warning about someone on the CAM forums for being a couple weeks late is kind of harsh dude!
I think people should stop and consider that most of us who post ads here on Canuck have lives, jobs, families and comitments. And this is not a full time job for us. We are just individuals selling stereo equipment to other individuals. Christ!... I know from personal experience that it takes quite some time and effort to properly package a unit for delivery.
I personally think it is unreasonable to hound someone to ship something out after being only a couple of weeks late. Ok, maybe there could have been a bit more explaination on the sellers part but that is certainly no grounds to post what you were so quick to accuse him of... "NOT DELIVERING" Not fair bud.

Tell you what... I will certainly be on the lookout if your name ever pops up requesting information on one of my listings, as I will most certainly "BE AWARE!"

My suggestion... Take a frickin' chill pill and work out your "two week" issue with the gentleman you did business with.

I doubt you're going to get much sympathy here my freind.

Peace Out!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:37 pm 

fazman wrote:
t8ter... Although I haven't done a deal with Kevin before (was thinking about it as I travel to Georgetown often)... leaving this kind of warning about someone on the CAM forums for being a couple weeks late is kind of harsh dude!
I think people should stop and consider that most of us who post ads here on Canuck have lives, jobs, families and comitments. And this is not a full time job for us. We are just individuals selling stereo equipment to other individuals. Christ!... I know from personal experience that it takes quite some time and effort to properly package a unit for delivery.
I personally think it is unreasonable to hound someone to ship something out after being only a couple of weeks late. Ok, maybe there could have been a bit more explaination on the sellers part but that is certainly no grounds to post what you were so quick to accuse him of... "NOT DELIVERING" Not fair bud.

Tell you what... I will certainly be on the lookout if your name ever pops up requesting information on one of my listings, as I will most certainly "BE AWARE!"

My suggestion... Take a frickin' chill pill and work out your "two week" issue with the gentleman you did business with.

Peace Out!

So true......
Not a good first posting in the forums either!!!!!! :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:40 pm 

fazman wrote:

Peace Out!

This is BS. From the emails it's clear that it's been a month and a half since the money order was sent. It may not be his #1 priority to ship the unit, but one would think that he would have got to it by now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:08 pm 

charliebrown wrote:
fazman wrote:

Peace Out!

This is BS. From the emails it's clear that it's been a month and a half since the money order was sent. It may not be his #1 priority to ship the unit, but one would think that he would have got to it by now.

CB... why is this BS? Ok, I will admit that it did take him a while but maybe the dude really was out of town....?
So the buyer sends an MO out on a Saturday... Safe to day he didn't get it till Tuesday the 18th. Since then the buyer contacted the seller only two times. The first to confirm that he did get the money order, the second to ask him what is going on. I'm ok with this so far as I would've done the same. BUT.... No other contact with the seller after this? Instead putting up a first time post warning everyone at CAM to be aware? I don't think that's right!
Listen.... we are all entitled to our opinion and I'm not trying to change your mind or anything but I just think it's probably wise for a buyer (especially a member with one post) to "work out" the issues before tarnishing a guy's name like that on the forums.
Once you post... it's up for EVERYONE to see and it can't be taken back without somewhat ruining the guys hard earned reputation.
I can understand if you are a guy selling like one item or something and never to be seen again but as I understand, Kevin sells quite often and provides many people vintage gear that most wouldn't be able to obtain.
A little slack is in order before a public beheading like that is all I'm saying.

And it goes without saying... no offense intended of course.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:17 pm 

you send prompt payment you should get reasonable timeframe for shipping as a courtesy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:32 pm 

shsu wrote:
you send prompt payment you should get reasonable timeframe for shipping as a courtesy

Exactly..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:58 pm 

shsu wrote:

I agree with this statement for sure! How far do you take it though if it's not a reasonable time frame? ... And only the buyer knows if he did all he could to resolve the issue with the seller before posting.

Post subject: Cant Win em All !
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:32 pm 

I am very late in shipping this tuner out - no excuse I guess - nothing I feel will change anything at this time. I wanted only to keep things local as I have had problems with Ebay in the past - buying and selling. I still haven't opened Ted's letter as on Ebay - I never cashed a money order until the customer received the goods and was happy ! All I can say is please consider my 18 pos feedbacks and many other transactions that have gone very well. I have met many very nice people and I try to have fun with this stereo equipment. My prices are very good and that"s the only way I'll operate - quick nickel - and happy friendly customers. I'm trying to fill a niche and keep this great old stuff around for as long as possible. I hope CAM members can trust my business in the future- cheers !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:35 pm 

This is a tough one. The poster of the ad is very high volume and seems to have good feedback, so the buyer can likely take that a reassurance, but the shipping time is WAY WAY WAY too long.

If you are going to list something, you should either make sure you have the time to deal with possible buyers before listing (and yeas I have waited with some items for my life to slow down prior to listing), or you should be upfront and tell the buyer that it may take a while to ship.

But honestly, if I was the buyer and he hadn't shipped it out in over a month I would politely ask for either a full refund or free shipping. If this wasn't follwed up on promptly, then I would for sure post here.

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:43 pm 

Gupper wrote:
fazman wrote:

Peace Out!

So true......

The two of you must be kidding.

Where did all of the apologists come from all of a sudden?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:02 pm 

my policy, money arrives, item goes out same day or the next.

no excuses no appologies.

there should be some leaniancy on both sides of this arguement though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:18 pm 

If there's time to cash the cheque, then there must be time to ship out the item. No excuses for not shipping the item when the cheque has been cashed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:18 pm 

SatoriGFX wrote:
Gupper wrote:
fazman wrote:

Peace Out!

So true......

The two of you must be kidding.

Where did all of the apologists come from all of a sudden?

Ok... This is all I will say about this and I'm done! For the record, I think the seller took way too long to deliver. communication was bad as well, but there WAS communication. At least the responses were quick enough as to not have the buyer wondering wheather or not he got rooked. Not exactly what I would have said to the seller but hey...
Did it warrant the post? Many say yes. I say no. I think we can all agree to the fact that we disagree. I'm NOT apologizing for the seller for taking as long as he did. Only he knows why he did what he did.
I think it's too easy for soemone to slaughter someone on the forums as a means to get satisfaction. That is why I posted my response.
Posting negative feedback like that is damaging to someone especially one who frequently sells gear on this sight.
If you feel the post was warranted... no problem! I don't feel it was.

Over and out!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:20 pm 

I ship within a day or even hours of the payment clearing. I keep the buyer updated continually throughout the process until they have received the item.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next