Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Feedback for dealers regarding experience OUTSIDE of CAM must go in the Dealer Feedback Forum.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:13 am 

You simply can't keep a good man down. :shock:

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:32 am 

IF that is the same "Vlad” at least let's give him some credit...so far he has got a 100% positive feedback rating and is now taking Paypal as well.

Maybe he took some of our comments from here constructively and is turning over a new leaf.

At least he manages to get some good gear from time to time and if he can raise the bar over his past practices no reason why he cannot become a solid seller.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:37 am 

Everyone deserves a second chance I agree, but they should take some responsibility for their past auctions. I was sold junk by him and so was a friend I was to find out after. Thought I should give people a heads up, that's all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:24 pm 

He does have a wonderfull piece of equipment there so he does have a great knowledge in audio equipment. My worry is he is so self-abusive.
He could be one of the "great sellers" but chooses to screw things up and then asks "why me"!!! The equipment that passes threw that man's hands that has been destroyed over the years and the money lost buy his buyers is a shame. Vlad, if you need help, get it!! You know your stuff but need to get over the hump. ........Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:50 am 

I'm glad there's threads like this. Thanks guys, I'll watch out in the future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:18 am 

I'm on holidays right now and I don't seem to have as much free time as all you people who love to kick someone when they're down. And to make fun of his English ???? I know Vlads rep from the past - all I can say is I have numerous dealings with him and I'll go back again anytime. He finds things for my cassette deck collection at reasonable prices. He's a little different but so am I and I consider him a friend. If you're not sure of something - go over there at his invitation- and check it out.
When I first started buying/selling audio equipment I hooked up with a *$@% last name Cassidy who gleefully ripped me off in a couple deals. I got what I wanted but gave up too much at the time. That not being the point - I thought for some strange reason we would have a decent relationship until he said " it's not like we're going to be friends " !!?? How bloody true that statement is/was re all us traders. All the decent people I've meet - and the others - in the last five years and I still have not had a coffee or beer with anyone. There's always going to be a rivalry and twilight buffer zone in this business.
Facts are facts and should be known but let's quit the collective destruction of individuals - I'm 51 - how the hell old are you ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:02 am 

Had you actually taken the time to read this thread you might have discovered that Vlad was actually offered some constructive comments on ways to improve his selling practices, some of these suggestions it appears Vlad may have even incorporated under his assumed new Ebay handle.

And it appears his feedback has improved as well; again assuming his new handle is the one it was suggested. It should also be pointed out that some sellers who had rather dissatisfied dealings with Vlad shared some of their experiences just as you have shared yours.

Point being it is unfair to suggest that this thread was simply an exercise to “kick someone” I actually thought in many ways considering the suggestions made and Vlad’s more recent performance (as best as can be observed) if anything it seemed positive.

One final thoughtÂ….perhaps you should also take the time to read some of Vlad 20001 comments left for his buyers; some were downright nasty and completely uncalled for.

Last edited by okanaudio on Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:06 am 

I did not suggest or imply that. And I'm only referring to certain people that neither know Vlad or his situation. Everyone takes something different from each reply . The worst is always the easiest to digest as fact.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:28 am 

city-boy6 wrote:
I did not suggest or imply that. And I'm only referring to certain people that neither know Vlad or his situation. Everyone takes something different from each reply . The worst is always the easiest to digest as fact.

Fair enough. As I have said all along; Vlad getÂ’s his hands on some great gear and there is nothing I would like to see more than another vintage audio seller with a great feedback rating.

It can be done. Revaud, another CAM member here and vintage audio seller has vastly outsold Vlad and has consistently maintained a vastly superior approval rating.

Mostly several suggestions and comments were made here to help and encourage Vlad to raise the bar on his selling practices. From recent observations this appears to be working and I wish the guy the best of luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:53 am 

As do I - nuff said :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:30 am 

Though I can only speak for myself, I am pleased to hear thhat Vlad has changed some of his less than positive selling practices. Mind you, If one is 12 years old, 30 years old or 52 years old, , being ripped off sucks, regardless of your age. Vlad has a knack for finding (on a consistent basis) true vintge gems. I was the one who posted his new auction site addy to let him know that people are watching. We are all human and sometimes make preventable mistakes and if a person is good enough to see the error of their ways and make recourse then thats find with me.

kindofblue

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:58 pm 

Interesting read... I am glad I wandered across this.... I am looking for an Akai AT2600 or 2650 tuner and I was messaged from vintagehifi who said he had one... I don't do business with someone that has received such negative feedback... since I would have to do business over email and it all rides on trust I won't pursue this lead.

thanks

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:09 pm 

I posted a wanted ad for a pair of Dynaco A-10s and I've been contacted by VintageHiFi. A quick search of his username came up with this thread. It seems that the feedback for the user here and elsewhere is a bit ambiguous, but that alone is a deal breaker for me.

This is a simple reminder for everyone to look up any CAM user that contacts you about your ads.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:23 pm 

thanks for the heads up!!..I just sent Him some questions regarding a listing He has up for an Ariston R-11 Table,then came across this thread while checking His profile....appreciate the fore warning...cheers!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:49 pm 

RonnL wrote:
thanks for the heads up!!..I just sent Him some questions regarding a listing He has up for an Ariston R-11 Table,then came across this thread while checking His profile....appreciate the fore warning...cheers!

Look at how old this thread is, look at his current positive feedback, looks like he has cleaned up his act these last few years.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next