Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Feedback for dealers regarding experience OUTSIDE of CAM must go in the Dealer Feedback Forum.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:33 am 

I guess dear ole Vladimir Zharkov has finally left his mark on Ebay and decided to continue his adventures here on CAM. For those people crazy enough to enter into any deal with Vlad you might want to think twice. He changed handles on Ebay more than once to get away from his decidedly awful Ebay feedback but he could never get very far. There are even sites dedicated to his tomfoolery from unhappy buyers. The unfortunate part is Vlad actually manages to find some rather nice vintage equipment but his integrity is sorely lacking. Most of the buyers of nicer vintage gear have heard of Vlad and none I know have anything but disdain for him.

http://www.fred.net/turtle/vlad20001.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:05 am 

Good heads up proac...
Formerly known as vlad20001.
I saw his tag on here but, was a little reluctant to post!
Rude and obnoxious. :x :x :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:08 am 

Agreed. What always amazed me about “Vlad 20001” (Or whatever his exact Ebay handle was) is how he relentlessly engaged in the practice of retaliatory negative feedback on his buyers. Every purchaser who got burned and posted as such would generally have their otherwise respectable feedback trashed by “Vlad” as he would turnaround and always accuse them of being “liars” and whatever else nasty he could think up; typically in broken English.

As if to imply that somehow people have nothing better to do than buy vintage gear off of Ebay only just so they could turn around and make up false things about the sellers for something to do. No question that guy was a real piece of work and I am glad that Ebay is changing policy so that people like him can no longer engage in nasty retaliatory negative feedback practices that Vlad was the master of.

His handle should be “Vlad the impaler.”

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:30 am 

He seems to be quite infamous on the AudioKarma site too...

Keep looking out for each other, guys! It's one of the finest 'unofficial' services that forums like these offer...

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:44 am 

The flip side, is that I have bought a half dozen items from Vlad and all transactions went without a hitch. He has sold alot of equipment and because he has sold so much, he is bound to have negative comments here and there, albeit, he does have his fair share lol.

I seen his ads here, and keep an eye on what he sells on Ebay, one thing I could not figure out, was, if there is such an Vlad problem, he would should could have changed his name to something completely different and gone under cover, but did he?? no he did not, that says something to me, at any rate, its buyer beware and these forums are great for discussing and posting about problems such as this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:17 am 

big rig guy wrote:
The flip side, is that I have bought a half dozen items from Vlad and all transactions went without a hitch. He has sold alot of equipment and because he has sold so much, he is bound to have negative comments here and there, albeit, he does have his fair share lol.

I seen his ads here, and keep an eye on what he sells on Ebay, one thing I could not figure out, was, if there is such an Vlad problem, he would should could have changed his name to something completely different and gone under cover, but did he?? no he did not, that says something to me, at any rate, its buyer beware and these forums are great for discussing and posting about problems such as this.

That's the wrong question IMO. Why did he need to keep changing his username at all? I'm happy you've been pleased and by all means keep buying from him. This post was for the people who don't know about Vlad and his escapades on the net.

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:14 pm 

proac- don't forget that over 90 % of all the people that dealt with Vlad had good results, and IMO I want to know all the facts which I am sure that any newbies out there would appreciate the whole story and not a small percentage of the dealings gone awry for whatever reason.

Ebay posts a feedback section with a percentage system, for buyers to ascertain a sellers trustworthiness, it lists the good comments as well as the bad ones. Thats a fair system.

I can speak of my own experiences over the last three years, how many dealings have you had with Vlad???????????????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:22 pm 

big rig guy wrote:
proac- don't forget that over 90 % of all the people that dealt with Vlad had good results, and IMO I want to know all the facts which I am sure that any newbies out there would appreciate the whole story and not a small percentage of the dealings gone awry for whatever reason.

Ebay posts a feedback section with a percentage system, for buyers to ascertain a sellers trustworthiness, it lists the good comments as well as the bad ones. Thats a fair system.

I can speak of my own experiences over the last three years, how many dealings have you had with Vlad???????????????

Even most of the big volume sellers have much better numbers than vlad.
The last time I looked or even gave a crap about him, he was at about 93.6 % positive feedback.
I have been avoiding him like the plague for years!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:32 pm 

Yes true but he does come across some interesting pieces.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:15 pm 

Hi,
He sold me a dead vintage receiver (OK one channel did sort of work, sort of). A friend of mine bought a DUAL 1019 from him, horrible packing and damages.
I have spoken to others about him, he sometimes offers refunds (partial) and guess who has pays to have it shipped back to him despite his antics. Sounds to me that he sells everything he can get his hands on so some if it is bound to crap. The receiver he sold me, my techy told me this coundn't have worked in a looooooong time.

:)
Kindofblue

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:17 pm 

okanaudio wrote:
Quote:
His handle should be “Vlad the impaler.”

Love it. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:25 pm 

big rig guy wrote:

Like I said, if you have a love in with Vlad by all means keep going back. My Ebay feedback is 100% ( over 300 transactions) and for a large volume seller the trustworthy ones are normally well over 98%. I personally know 3 people who've been had less than satisfactory dealings with Mr. Zharkov. As one of the founding members of the largest vintage audio site on the net( which shall go unnamed) I could regale you with tales of woe experienced by many more vintage connoisseurs who didn't take the time to investigate who they might be buying from.

I will say, many of Vlads horror stories revolve around lousy packing and poor customer service. Once Vlad has your money he thinks his part is over. Ebay, of course, could care less since it's the sellers who pay the bills not the buyers. It's a proven fact that PayPal usage increases the selling price but Vlad can't/won't accept PayPal because they offer some security after the sale.

Vlad is the worst type of seller. He knows little to nothing about the gear he sells, he overstates the condition of every item, and his response to any problem is name calling and baiting.

I'll say it as succinctly as I can. Caveat Emptor when it comes to buying from Vlad.

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:10 am 

When I used to surf EBAY a lot more before the deals dried up, as soon as I clicked on an auction and found it to be a Vlad unit... it was automatically a no go for me.

Odds are based on his feedback you may have an unsatisfactory experience.

My guess is most people who buy from Vlad thought it was ok to pass with a 55% mark in school. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:30 am 

I have also avoided his auctions. Someone (earlier in this post) mentioned the 90% of his customers who were happy? Geez, I worry about anybody who has less than 100% feedback. The guy is a loser at best, and likely a scam artist. Selling stuff using photos of other units, and then claiming that was the condition when sold? No PayPal to give ANY customer protection. Come on! Avoid him!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:10 am 

love in with Vlad, how can you assume that. Where did I post such nonsense.

Any time I need a fill of idiotic one track narrow minded viewpoints, I check the threads out at CAM.

I'm full now, see you next month.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next