Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Feedback for dealers regarding experience OUTSIDE of CAM must go in the Dealer Feedback Forum.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:39 am 

The transaction to purchase the BX-150 was easy; however, it was not correctly described. Although I went in person to see the machine, and it worked "ok" on that day, it was faulty. I did not take the time to listen for tape clicks (poor motor or belt) and to check that all functions worked (my bad).

At the start, it did not rewind and then just just stopped playing cassettes. After numerous emails, the seller offered that I return the item but he would retain $15 for servicing the machine. It did not make sense why I should have to pay for servicing something I would be returning. I also highlighted to him that he should find a new service-repair person as this person who checked over and verified the deck as in "good working order". Upon refusing this, I was then offered a trade deal but for a machine of "lesser" quality. Again, I would have to "pay" for a machine that did not work properly.

In the end, I kept it since I had already started purchasing parts for repairs. I will be replacing the capstan motor, idler pully belt, and main belt (for a cost of around $50)....just to make the machine function well. A beautiful sounding machine.....but faulty. Just a friendly note to others.....take the time to test the machine (listen to all clicks and creeks) and do not give in to being taken advantage of (losing money) if indeed a piece of equipment is faulty.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:42 am 

So you check it in person, admit it works ok then whine after you bring it home?! Want to return it but already have parts ordered?!
So needs an idler and maybe a belt....why the motor too?
It's a nak...first thing u check...