Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Feedback for dealers regarding experience OUTSIDE of CAM must go in the Dealer Feedback Forum.

Post subject: Fake buyer for my dps 2
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:34 am 

The user "eliahma" he showed interest for the dps 2 turntable and after two days he sent me money with a paypall. As soon as I see the payment, I bought € 150 worth of stuff to make a very good package for safety because it is a long way from greek to usa. The next day, I sent him a message with photos of the packed parts of the dps to let him know that the packaging was perfect. After seeing the photos, he thought I was sending the dps and immediately sent me a message to return him the money because he made the payment with a wrong card and he told me to send him another new payment invoice. I did what he told me and I informed him. Since then I have been constantly sending him messages and he does not answer. All communication messages between us have been saved in my mail.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:58 am 
Premium User

Sorry about your trouble. Did you post this in the US Audio mart as well ?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:24 pm 

Sounds like you got screwed over because of buyer's remorse. His excuse for payment refund sounds like a load to me.....but you did cheerfully agree to his refund request ......Not much else you can do now on an aborted sale to this dude other than to simply move on.

Negative feedback posting for the buyer in the works perhaps? But be careful because you did agree to his terms for a refund. It's not the unit that's in dispute , it's bugging you that you are out of pocket for additional packing materials that you will likely need for the next buyer anyway.

In God we trust, everybody else pays cash.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:04 pm 

Quote:
In God we trust, everybody else pays cash.

...in advance, with no recourse to a change of card, or mind, either!

+1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:23 pm 

hiendakias wrote:
The user "eliahma" he showed interest for the dps 2 turntable and after two days he sent me money with a paypall. As soon as I see the payment, I bought € 150 worth of stuff to make a very good package for safety because it is a long way from greek to usa. The next day, I sent him a message with photos of the packed parts of the dps to let him know that the packaging was perfect. After seeing the photos, he thought I was sending the dps and immediately sent me a message to return him the money because he made the payment with a wrong card and he told me to send him another new payment invoice. I did what he told me and I informed him. Since then I have been constantly sending him messages and he does not answer. All communication messages between us have been saved in my mail.

I frankly would have said "package sent...enjoy!"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:45 pm 

Load of crap about using wrong card..he could of just used the right card to return $$ to wrong card, most likely he is sketchy and had buyers remorse.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:40 pm 

I would have refunded him on the first card...AFTER receiving payment on the second card.

The minute you had no payment, you should have expwcted him to *** off. I've got people trying stuff with me all the time in my business. Unfortunately sometimes it takes getting stung to wisen

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:53 pm 

As unconventional as that exchange was, don't give up on the packing material as your next buyer just might need it shipped too. It will become needed anyway maybe.
You might also inquire with Paypal if any account risk was generated. Have you checked your account on line since to make sure no funny business is evident.
Almost sounds like money laundering.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:48 am 

Stone wrote:
hiendakias wrote:

I frankly would have said "package sent...enjoy!"

I had a similar experience when I sold my flugelhorn to a buyer in Taiwan (for $1,800). He paid via PayPal, I sent it, then a week later he puts a stop payment on his payment, saying he changed his mind.

It took 6 MONTHS for me to get my flugelhorn back.

Moral of the story: even when a buyer pays via PayPal, there is no guarantee the payment is in your hands.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:29 am 

^^^
Sold to Chuck Mangione?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:05 am 

A while back I had a Sony RM-50 wired cassette deck remote control advertised for sale. As luck would have it, I saw another ad from a guy (a few provinces away) who wanted to buy one; so I answered his ad with a link to mine. He said he was interested ... then he haggled, and haggled, and haggled (it was not an expensive item in the first place) ... and finally settled down and agreed to buy it, but he had absolutely no idea how to pay for it. I kept getting e-mails from him telling me that he wanted it, but that he didn't know how to pay me.

He had no Internet banking and no PayPal account, and he couldn't get to a post office to get a money order (I wouldn't let him send cash) ... but he wanted it, he REALLY wanted it. I finally gave up on him and sold it to a guy in Poland (for my full asking price), but he continued to relist his wanted to buy ad over and over again. I see that it is gone now, so he has probably given up. If he didn't know how to pay for it, why bother to post an Internet ad wanting to buy one? What outcome did he expect? Did he expect me to hand-deliver it to him in Nova Scotia so he could pay in cash?

The bottom line is that some people just shouldn't deal over the Internet. I agree with the other posters. The OP was a victim of buyer's remorse.

If you can use one of those newfangled Internets, you can post photos in your damn classified ads. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:28 am 

Too bad, if I could afford to buy this table I would in a heartbeat. A friend has one and it's the one piece in his system that will likely never change. That is a really great price on it too.
Byron