Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:45 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Feedback for dealers regarding experience OUTSIDE of CAM must go in the Dealer Feedback Forum.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:26 pm 

Close to the Edge wrote:
Small claims court can give you a winning verdict but no one follows up to get you your money. A waste of time.I have won 3 cases over the last 30 years against unpaid bills and no one followed up and I have never received any money.

Of course and you never will unless you take the bull by the horns. Don't need to hire a PI or anything but with a judgment in your favor you just need to place a lien on their vehicle if they own it or house. Anything of value they own. If they own nothing and are on the system say good bye to your money for sure.

If not it's a petition to get their work cheque garnished. Again with judgment in hand it's not difficult, just work and someone needs to do it. Don't think anyone will be approaching you to let them get you your money someone else owes you. Those who do will want to be paid and if your judgment is for $500.00 then best of luck getting someone to do anything other than offer you $50.00 cash for the debt and they will pursue it and even that is not too likely.

It is your responsibility to collect on a judgment and don't know who's else it would be. After the judgment is entered I believe someone has 1yr to initiate collection or complete don't remember but you can petition the court indefinitely siting they have no money and you need to wait or whatever but needs to be extended by time the time to exercise the action has expired.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:46 pm 

luxmanfan wrote:
Close to the Edge wrote:
Small claims court can give you a winning verdict but no one follows up to get you your money. A waste of time.I have won 3 cases over the last 30 years against unpaid bills and no one followed up and I have never received any money.

Of course and you never will unless you take the bull by the horns. Don't need to hire a PI or anything but with a judgment in your favor you just need to place a lien on their vehicle if they own it or house. Anything of value they own. If they own nothing and are on the system say good bye to your money for sure.

If not it's a petition to get their work cheque garnished. Again with judgment in hand it's not difficult, just work and someone needs to do it. Don't think anyone will be approaching you to let them get you your money someone else owes you. Those who do will want to be paid and if your judgment is for $500.00 then best of luck getting someone to do anything other than offer you $50.00 cash for the debt and they will pursue it and even that is not too likely.

It is your responsibility to collect on a judgment and don't know who's else it would be. After the judgment is entered I believe someone has 1yr to initiate collection or complete don't remember but you can petition the court indefinitely siting they have no money and you need to wait or whatever but needs to be extended by time the time to exercise the action has expired.

All that was done at the time . Still nothing.We are going back a lot of years now so I have forgotten about it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:19 pm 

Final outcome of experience with seller:

To close this off, I ultimately ended up contacting the moderators for assistance in reaching out to the seller. I contacted the seller and notified him that I still wished to come to some sort of resolution, and then forwarded my communication to the moderators. They reached out to the seller as well. However, neither myself nor the moderators ultimately heard back from the seller. I never heard back from the seller's initial offer to help facilitate a warranty repair either. The seller has effectively stopped all communication.

At this point, I have written this off as an unfortunate first experience here, and a lesson learned. Fortunately I have had a great experience since on another transaction and I hope to continue to have many others.

Thanks to everyone for their help.

Best,

K.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3