Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Feedback for dealers regarding experience OUTSIDE of CAM must go in the Dealer Feedback Forum.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:04 am 

I'm baffled as to why the seller wouldn't have had the unit repaired under warranty before selling.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:07 am 

seller on fleebay can give negative feedback. the problem is ounce you open a claim, nobody can give feedback . so we can no longer rely, on feedback score as being accurate, since ounce you open a claim , you can no longer give a negative feedback, because ebay will say that both party came to a solution, or ebay ruled in favor of one of the 2.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:10 am 

zon001 wrote:
seller on fleebay can give negative feedback. the problem is ounce you open a claim, nobody can give feedback . so we can no longer rely, on feedback score as being accurate, since ounce you open a claim , you can no longer give a negative feedback, because ebay will say that both party came to a solution, or ebay ruled in favor of one of the 2.

Wrong. Ebay sellers cannot leave negative or neutral feedback. It is not an option regardless of whether you open a claim or not.
Here is a quote from EBay's feedback rules:

How are Feedback scores calculated?
For each transaction, buyers and sellers can choose to rate each other by leaving Feedback. Buyers can leave a positive, negative, or a neutral rating, plus a short comment. Sellers can leave a positive rating and a short comment.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:36 am 

I have not sold on ebay for years, but I do know that ounce you open a claim, you can no longer give feedback.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:41 am 

It has been 8 or 9 years since sellers were able to leave neutral or negative feedback.They did this to eliminate retaliation and to make it a safer place for buyers. I was not in favour of this decision at the time but it has made sellers more honest as a whole.Unlike some other sites unfortunately.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:48 am 

back to the OP. Given what you know of the seller, you are expected to leave appropriate feedback so other buyers on this site don't get robbed. If the seller offers a refund then you can leave positive feedback, since a transaction still took place. BTW, it should indeed be 3 strikes and your banned if any seller gets 3 or more neg feedbacks. Not that any buyer will get in touch with them anyway. CAM is an audio and music appreciation community that should keep each other in the loop, especially when it comes to fraudulent sellers or any scammers.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:59 am 

now I see another kind of rip off, you buy and never receive the item.they (ebay) make you wait 45 days, before starting a claim, after a week with no result, you get your money back. up to here it look ok, but like I said you can no longer give negative feedback ounce you open the claim. but the seller add your funds for 45 days. paypal in the transition, get hold your money for a few days (twice) do that a few million time a week,and it can make for a nice bonus at the end of the year. it end up that you borrow some money without receiving interest. it happen often lately, the first clue to this is no tracking # or the tracking # only says info receive.
and the biggest rip off, is there global shiping programme. at first shiping price was low, after a few month, they are now charging double the shiping you would pay with usps, and charge outragous fees,
I am trying to buy a jbl woofer right now. global shiping is $79 us + $38 duties. for a $100 item??? it is no longer a deal.
ebay is forcing that global shiping program down our trought. and I am not happy about it.
my rant of the day.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:02 am 

Negative feedback is warranted even if the seller decides to make good. The only reason the seller "may" decide to make good is because he got caught red handed in a lie. That fact does not go away. Your buying experiencing has already been negatively tainted, now it's down to the degree of the negative experience.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:03 am 

Good questions !

kevlar776 wrote:
if I leave a negative feedback, can the seller not just leave a corresponding negative feedback against me?

He can, but that is a misuse of the feedback system. The proper place for a response is in the comments field associated with the feedback you receive.

Quote:
Would there be a way for me to protest and dispute that?

Yes. Report it to a moderator. Mods can remove feedback when this is justified. They cannot edit it, though.

Quote:
In addition, if I leave a negative feedback but we come to some sort of agreement after the fact, am I able to remove that feedback after the fact?

See above. Best is to try to reach an agreement with your seller. Realize that both of you may have to compromise. Leave feedback after this agreement, unless you are getting close to the 60-day feedback deadline.

Quote:
If no resolution is reached, would it be poor form to post the user information and proof here just to make people aware?

You are not allowed to "out" people in the Forums, but you can post in the one Forum which is dedicated to CAM negatives, i. e. this one. Be very careful about publishing personal information. No real names, addresses etc. Contact a moderator if you need to.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:16 am 

zon001 wrote:
now I see another kind of rip off, you buy and never receive the item.they (ebay) make you wait 45 days, before starting a claim, after a week with no result, you get your money back. up to here it look ok, but like I said you can no longer give negative feedback ounce you open the claim. but the seller add your funds for 45 days. paypal in the transition, get hold your money for a few days (twice) do that a few million time a week,and it can make for a nice bonus at the end of the year. it end up that you borrow some money without receiving interest. it happen often lately, the first clue to this is no tracking # or the tracking # only says info receive.
and the biggest rip off, is there global shiping programme. at first shiping price was low, after a few month, they are now charging double the shiping you would pay with usps, and charge outragous fees,
I am trying to buy a jbl woofer right now. global shiping is $79 us + $38 duties. for a $100 item??? it is no longer a deal.
ebay is forcing that global shiping program down our trought. and I am not happy about it.
my rant of the day.

Global shipping program is the choice of your seller. If he chooses to be fair and ship to you directly, he can.Sellers lose their money immediately after a claim is put in and the buyer receives the money back after an investigation. Takes a couple of weeks. Obviously, you have not been doing business on Ebay for a long time.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:06 am 

In respect for the other buyers on CAM please leave negative feedback. According to your story this seller clearly lied about the item he was selling and only offered a deal after being caught.

Next time the seller will most likely still lie but will have learned not to post in other forums about the issues that the gear he is selling has.

Even if they do follow through with repair costs this is still NOT a positive feedback situation.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:13 am 

kevlar776 wrote:
Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and inputs.

I'm a little unclear on the feedback system; if I leave a negative feedback, can the seller not just leave a corresponding negative feedback against me? Would there be a way for me to protest and dispute that?

-K.

There is a button available on the feedback page that allows you to report the feedback. The rules that cover feedback are in the FAQ:

What are the feedback rules?
Please observe the following rules when leaving feedback. If you do not follow these rules your feedback may be DELETED!:

Only leave feedback in the ad that relates to your buy/sell/trade.
Only leave feedback for a deal where items/money have exchanged hands.
Do NOT leave feedback if a deal fails to go through
DO leave feedback if items are not as described
DO leave feedback if you never received your item or money in an exchange!
Do not swear or use strong language in feedback.
Do NOT leave phone numbers, home addresses, and other personal information of the user. Please leave this information as confidential.
Do NOT use feedback to warn users about OTHER exchanges you may have had with the user. Report those in our Negative feedback forum instead.
Do leave feedback anytime before 60 days since the expiration of the ad. Any feedback from either party left after 60 will be discarded.
If you suspect this person of fraud due to his emails or ads, report either his ads, or one of his replies, or post in our fraud forum.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:15 am 
Dealer/Sponsor

What would have alerted me at the start is a "10" rating.
There is not much out there that qualifies for a "10"
The title for the description of a 10 is "essentially never used" and the rules are it has to be less than a year old.

So many people abuse the rating system.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:29 am 

Close to the Edge wrote:
zon001 wrote:
my rant of the day.

Global shipping program is the choice of your seller. If he chooses to be fair and ship to you directly, he can.Sellers lose their money immediately after a claim is put in and the buyer receives the money back after an investigation. Takes a couple of weeks. Obviously, you have not been doing business on Ebay for a long time.

since 2001 and over 760 positive feedback last month alone about 8 transaction.. yes it is a seller s decision to use global shiping service. but he is falsely told by ebay ( who profit greatly from this service ) that it is cheaper to use that service, and that they take care of all duties paperwork, wich seller don t have to take care of ,in the first place. to me ,as a buyer it is worst then ups, because they overcharge on shiping price, because global ship your item twice. ounce going to there shiping depot, and then from that depot to your place. it take about a week longer. at less ups it is there within a week, not that ups is my preffered choice. for a while ebay was pushing ups wich I keeped far from my transaction, because of the exact same reason now not to use global shiping.. now ups have been almost eliminated from ebay listing.(again because ebay is pushing for there global shiping program )

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:31 am 

[quote="Forbes_2"]What would have alerted me at the start is a "10" rating.
There is not much out there that qualifies for a "10"
The title for the description of a 10 is "essentially never used" and the rules are it has to be less than a year old.

So many people abuse the rating system.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk[/quote

Unfortunately true. When responding to an ad, I now ask if the rating is a true one, and based accurately on the CAM scale. I recently received a dust cover for my TT, rated as Excellent, whereas is is actually in poor condition - to the point where I can't use it. $80 down the drain.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next