Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:00 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Feedback for dealers regarding experience OUTSIDE of CAM must go in the Dealer Feedback Forum.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:56 pm 

On January 14th, 2017, I was defrauded by relatively new CAM member with the user name “carmbatagli” from St.
Catharines, Ontario. Upon full payment, “carmbatagli” sent me a Sony 730ES cassette deck with a loose and
broken door, which cannot be opened with the eject button without help. Item was advertised and quoted “No
issues. Works great and is in beautiful condition”. I paid $350 for this item; a premium price for an item in pristine
condition. When I alerted him to the problem, this arrogant prick had the nerve to say that he was not Walmart
and refused return and refund after several tries. To further indicate his intent to defraud me, carmbatagli
intentionally omitted his return address on the shipping box. I will provide the full correspondence between us if
other CAM users are interested.

Unfortunately, I cannot post a negative feedback since the transaction took place on Kijiji however, the exact same
item was advertised on CAM, see link.

http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/ ... ette-deck/

Understand that if you do business with this creep, you take your chances. He will have no hesitation playing
you for a chump, as he did with full intent to scam me. Are you willing to take that chance with carmbatagli?
This is the sort of treatment I would expect from a sociopath.
Up until dealing with this scumbag, doing business with CAM members was (mostly) a rewarding experience. All
it takes is one of these fraudsters like carmbatagli to sour the whole experience.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:07 pm 

Well, he has two other current ads on CAM, If the modes and members feel you were unjustly slammed, he can possibly be overwhelmed with questions, post his reply and let the boys judge!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:20 pm 

I dont play games. Deck was sold through kijiji. There were no issues with it. I was as transparent as possible with the buyer. I let him chisle me down on price a substantial amount, I packaged it and insured the package and droped it in the mail. I had no issues with this deck in the time i had owned it. I have no reason to burn anyone for any reason. I am not hurting for $$$$ so this whole deal is bogus. I should not be getting slammed here on cam for a transaction that took place on kijiji.

CAM MEMBERS BEWAR OF SELLING ANYTHING TO THIS GUY. HE IS THE TYPE TO NOT BE HAPPY WITH ANYTHING! HE WILL CREAT PROBLEMS. DO NOT DEAL WITH HIM!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:36 pm 

The user akanrg has a perfect 114 out of 114 feedback.

He is a quality member in good standing, obviously articulate and trustworthy.

Mods, please let negative feedback be applied to warn others.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:40 pm 

Moderators will do nothing here. The sale took place on kjiji. I was ripped off on a deal through Canuck and moderators did nothing so why expect anything to be done with a transaction through Kijiji?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:40 pm 
Premium User

Just a quick question... You looked at the pictures of the deck did you not? It is painfully apparent it is not mint... So you paid a premium why exactly?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:48 pm 

Could be shipping damage.You have 114 positives that experience should say PAYPAL!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:52 pm 

This whole post should probably be removed since it was not a CAM sale. I assume the buyer did not use PayPal so he is basically on his own on this one (when will people learn).To the seller, you do have some responsibility but if your conscience does not bother you, that says a lot about you.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:53 pm 
Premium User

My 2 cents.

If his intent was to "defraud" you on kijiji, he could've just taken your money and called it a day. Instead he took the time to package and send it.

He has yet to say whether or not he knew the door was not perfect. However, shipping damage does and has happened. Seller says it was insured. Try and put in a claim for damage. A long shot to be sure, but at least you tried.

While I don't believe the mods or feedback have any place here as it was not a CAM transaction, the fact the seller is on here with active ads makes this conversation valid.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:59 pm 

Got a name for this guy? Thx for the head's up.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:02 pm 

waxwings wrote:
Just a quick question... You looked at the pictures of the deck did you not? It is painfully apparent it is not mint... So you paid a premium why exactly?

It is not the matter. Seller said it had no issues. Shipping damage is à mater for the shipper. So use PayPal and let the seller settle this with his shipper. My point.........114 positive against 4.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:07 pm 

[ please don't post or ask for real names or contact info in negative feedback threads, especially where the deal took place off the site. The user's CAM account has already been identified in the thread - admin ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:10 pm 
Premium User

Thread Locked and maybe moved to the Moderators Forum

Last edited by OBI56 on Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
quote removed

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]