Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Feedback for dealers regarding experience OUTSIDE of CAM must go in the Dealer Feedback Forum.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:03 am 

thxdude wrote:
I hate to say it, but judging this guy and all his other ads and pictures of absolute pure junk that are still listed here on CAM, I wouldn't have even looked at this guys ads! Go to the police and make a report as your both in Ontario. This is pure cyber theft and intent on his behalf to borrow your money and pay you back at his own convenience with an email sent to you of a possible partial refund by Friday is absolute rubbish. Maybe he needed your money for some crack or crystal meth! This guy needs to be banned and stopped on CAM, there's no excuse for his B.S.

+1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:31 am 

Well the guy has been banned and I'm out my money. He'll probably change his cam name and open a new account and cheat other people again. 0 help from admin trying to get this guys real name. Be careful when dealing with newbies and people with no feedback rating.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:52 am 

Sorry to hear that.

FWIW, before I send someone money via EMT, I always first get their real name, address and phone #.

I've had people refuse to do that so I walked away.

If someone is legitimately selling something, they shouldn't have to remain anonymous.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:34 am 

Very good point to remember. Next time.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:10 am 

Kenp wrote:
Well the guy has been banned and I'm out my money. He'll probably change his cam name and open a new account and cheat other people again. 0 help from admin trying to get this guys real name. Be careful when dealing with newbies and people with no feedback rating.

+1

Sorry for the bad experience. I haven't encountered anything like this yet. But, I go overboard for being careful: always get the number and make a phone call, get a name, address, badger the seller with questions (probing for competence). Look up forum posts, and other history.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:39 pm 

Kenp wrote:

Perhaps a mod or admin could respond to that?

We all know it's a cautionary tale, and I hate to carp, but real names and phone numbers (and contact) are a must.

Several have mentioned police, I am guessing because of the amount, that's a dead end? It would help others if you could advise....

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:29 pm 

Kenp wrote:

As others have suggested, Go to the police.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:57 pm 

Since I don't know his real name and can't get it from moderators here that's not possible. In the future its something I'll be sure to do.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:57 pm 

It's unfortunate too that the guy chose to denigrate that name. soundfountain.org and soundfountain.com are really good audio sites.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:02 pm 

Ken.
Sorry for your financial loss on this deal gone south.
A**holes are everywhere at this time of year and Cam is no exception.
Just chalk it but Learn from it.
When you really really want an item take a step back and rethink your plan of purchase.
My compulsive buying and fast payments on emt have stopped and i have taken alot of fellow Cammers advice when making a purchase either long distance or in person.
This is a thinking mans hobby and hopefully you will run into some real gentlemaen out there.
I can only considermyself lucky but i feel that i still have to qualify the buyer/seller before i make a move.
Again sorry for the loss of your hard earned money.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:33 am 

Cam is really a great place and I have met many very nice people here, in person and through email. I've bought and sold now for just over 10 years. I've decided too slow way down on what I buy and downsize somewhat.