Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Feedback for dealers regarding experience OUTSIDE of CAM must go in the Dealer Feedback Forum.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 4:00 pm 

I bought a Thorens TD 126 MKII turntable from CAM username Donato Ciccone. I picked up the turntable at the Post Office, drove home, unpacked it in front of my wife and 2kids, plugged it in, motor didn't work. I made a video of the motor not running as it should right away, emailed him the video, then called him. 10-15 minutes max since picking it up at the post office and the call. The seller denied any responsibility, swore the motor was fine, he had many witnesses, blah, blah...., then he refused any type of refund or arrangement and he even accused me of damaging the motor! I wanted to return the turntable to him for a refund, he refused. I Left him a negative feedback, he left me a return negative feedback, which was to be expected. I threatened to take him to small claims court. Couple days later, after cooling down a bit, i offered the seller a truce. Told him if he'd propose some kind of arrangement in a reasonable time, I was willing to remove the negative feedback. He said remove the negative feedback first, then we'll discuss. All of a sudden he seemed all cooperative so I agreed.
Removed the negative feedback. Then he came with all kinds of excuses for about 48 hours before sending me a long ridiculous rant email where he again accused me of breaking the motor, to own up to my mistakes and finished his rant with a nonsensical God Bless You!
That seller is a con artist. He tricked me into removing the negative feedback just to come back with the same silly arguments and accusations.
So I am stuck with an expensive piece of audio that doesn't work.
So buyers beware. Donato Ciccone. Do NOT trust this guy.