Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Feedback for dealers regarding experience OUTSIDE of CAM must go in the Dealer Feedback Forum.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:47 am 

EL34 wrote:
ssimster still has a number of things listed. Maybe everyone should send him an email encouraging him to make good. Is that permitted?

No, that's the Moderator's job.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:42 am 

James_W wrote:
Was it this ad or something more recent?

http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/ ... ules_2_ps/

Sorry to hear about this situation....most unfortunate... :( :( :(

To recap and I must ask the OP....

Given the pictures in this ad...we have a Linn LP12 (Hercules Power Supply) and the Naim ARO Tone arm, along with dust cover etc.....???

Couple of questions: :?:

Was the tone arm that you received with the table in fact a Naim ARO or something else??? I ask this because, no one in their right mind would or should ship out the table with this type of tone arm already installed.....this is a unit pivot design which is so fragile if impacted in any manner. If this is a Naim ARO tone arm, and given the condition that the table arrived in, chances are that the arm is completely pooched.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

For those geniuses out there that have any doubt....when it comes to packing, do spend a wee bit more money and have the unit packed professionally by someone who know what the heck they are doing. :roll:

The funny thing is that this whole incident could have been prevented by proper packing of the unit (separate box for the tone arm & turntable) and by adding insurance. :wink:

I hope this serves as a lesson for those who attempt to cut corners when it comes to packing & shipping.

And please stop with the Police thing...good lord, our Police departments have way more important things to deal with than situations such as this.... :roll:

Hoping for a satisfactory outcome for the OP...which in my opinion should be return of the unit to the seller for a complete refund.

Francis R. :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:50 am 

They police suggestion was ridiculous. What are they supposed to do about a turntable that wasn't packed properly?
It would be criminal if the seller took the money and refused to send the item, and there is no indication that the item was stolen.
This is a civil matter, at best. Police investigate crimes. This is a bad situation, but not a criminal one in the legal sense.

If you can use one of those newfangled Internets, you can post photos in your damn classified ads. :roll:

Last edited by Quadzilla on Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:50 am 

Mike33 wrote:
Don't expect to go after Canadapost for the money as it clearly was not packed properly.
Send it back to the seller and get your money back,........

+1

Last edited by dungvn on Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:08 pm 

Thanks for everyone's posts, I appreciate all the feedback. A couple members asked for more details about the table, it's 1984 LP12, it had a Linn Basik LVX with a Valhalla power supply. I have contacted the moderators hopefully there's some consequence for the seller for this even if it's not monetary. I think that changing your ad to off so can't receive negative feedback it definitely a low thing to do. If you've done nothing wrong or at least feel that you've done nothing wrong then respond to the negative feedback to defend your position. It's a lot of money to be out but it's also a lesson about makings smart decisions on transactions to protect yourself and the seller. I still have the turntable so I'll hunt down some used parts and get it up and running. I still think CAM is great and I've had lots of fantastic experiences and email chats with good people. So I'm not going to let sour me.

When life gives you lemons etc...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:15 pm 

This incident was not reported to the moderators. When the moderators or admin need to be involved, always use the Report a Problem feature either in the ad itself or in the original CAM response to the ad.

As far as I know, turning the ad off should not disable a user's ability to leave feedback - either positive or negative. If this is not the case, I can get Admin to check the functionality of the feature to make sure it is working correctly.

This is a matter that needs to be settled between the parties involved. The moderators can act as mediators if no progress is made. There has been enough advice and conjecture for the time being so the thread is locked while the two parties work things out.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3