Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Feedback for dealers regarding experience OUTSIDE of CAM must go in the Dealer Feedback Forum.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:34 pm 

No rebuttal yet from the seller. I suppose the Mods will be in touch with him. Sure, a turntable is maybe one of the last audio components I would ship or have shipped to me, even with the orig package, but the seller should not have bought your time by suggesting they had shipping insurance. That bought a few weeks or so before you would be in touch with the seller again etc..If all this is true, the mods will deal with it. Thanks for letting us all know about this. The seller still has the opportunity to make good on this.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:40 pm 

Anthony204 wrote:
This seller should be booted off CAM…What was his handle again so we can stay clear of this person.

Report this incident and get the Mods' involved. If this guy chooses not to make things right or refuses to respond at all, then he should be banned. Plain and simple. AFAIC, you're only as good as your last positive transaction.

It looks like the OP might be the victim of a perfect storm - no PayPal to protect him coupled with a previously trustworthy member deciding to go rogue.

Anthony204 wrote:
Its amazing that there are people out there with no morals and ethics.

Last I checked the Earth is chock full of 'em. They're all around us.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:48 pm 

Sorry to hear your ordeal, trust me I know how it feels to be treated like that,and the lost of your money.
Always from now and on,use PayPal for out of province or distant transactions or meet in person,the last always preferred.
Having said that,I checked the sellers profile and he lives in Woodbridge,not that far away from me,you know.
About 15 minutes car ride.
I hope he understands when he reads this,that is not nice to treat fellow members like that,and he should do the right thing and reimburse the buyer.
George

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:39 pm 

Mike33 wrote:
Don't expect to go after Canadapost for the money as it clearly was not packed properly.
Send it back to the seller and get your money back,........

The OP said the Linn was shipped in its original packaging. According to CP this is a requirement
to quality for a claim.

//Canada Post shall have no liability for damage of shipments containing Electronic Goods that are shipped in any packaging other than:
• the manufacturer's original packaging, which is undamaged and has retained its intended shape and strength;//

But the claim has to be submitted by seller.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:56 pm 

Sorry to hear about your troubles This guy is a piece of work I got a VPI Classic 1 from him at the end of Jan.2015 he stated it was mint far from it broken foot, worn out belt old crusty bearing lube and the arm had been completely taken apart and not put back together properly it was a trade deal for my lp-12 that was in mint condition I think he tried to pull a fast one on me
But fortunately I have owned a VPI Classic 1 before and I was quite comfortable taking it apart and fixing everything about 6hrs. of work and a new belt Now it sits in my living room working perfectly .

Did the table you bought have a Ittoke 2 arm and a Hercules power supply?

I don't think it was a shipping issue more of a crappy packing job buy the seller.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:05 pm 

vibrolux wrote:
Mike33 wrote:
Don't expect to go after Canadapost for the money as it clearly was not packed properly.
Send it back to the seller and get your money back,........

The OP said the Linn was shipped in its original packaging. According to CP this is a requirement
to quality for a claim.

No where in his post did he mention orignal packaging. Linn tables are shipped in one box, not two boxes as quoted.

-- 10 Mar 2015 21:05 --

Kevin 666 wrote:
Sorry to hear about your troubles This guy is a piece of work I got a VPI Classic 1 from him at the end of Jan.2015 he stated it was mint far from it broken foot, worn out belt old crusty bearing lube and the arm had been completely taken apart and not put back together properly it was a trade deal for my lp-12 that was in mint condition I think he tried to pull a fast one on me
But fortunately I have owned a VPI Classic 1 before and I was quite comfortable taking it apart and fixing everything about 6hrs. of work and a new belt Now it sits in my living room working perfectly .

I don't think it was a shipping issue more of a crappy packing job buy the seller.

Did you post Negative feedback????

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:17 pm 
Premium User

I hope the seller took many pics and even a vid of the device in use or Canada Post probably won't be giving any $$$

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:58 pm 

brf wrote:

He threatened the seller with negative feedback but the seller marked the ad "Off" before he was able to.

Crazy like a fox that guy. It would seem 2 things occurred here: the tt wasn't packed properly (far from it) and the seller didn't purchase any shipping insurance for it - a truly lethal combination.

Unless the seller is publicly 'shamed' by this episode (and/or threatened with banishment by the Mods') and then decides he needs to do what's right, I'm afraid this isn't going to end well. The seller may end up banned but that won't be of much comfort to the OP.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:23 pm 
Premium User

If things went down like the buyer is saying people need to be warned about this guy.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:19 pm 

Wow.....I feel for you man...I`ll be sure to warn others about this guy. Having 50 positives prior to your transaction you would definitely never suspect this kind of treatment.

You said he deliberately turned the ad off so that you couldn't leave negative feedback....if he doesn't resolve this situation you can always leave negative feedback on one of his wanted ads.

Just explain in the post that it is related to the Linn TT and that he turned it off to avoid negative feedback.Some kind of warning coupled with this board is better than nothing. Good Luck...I hope you get some kind of restitution. Keep us posted

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:39 am 
Premium User

Sellers who abuse the trust of proper packing which results in damaged goods should be banned!

I won't mention any names here, but I have also been a victim of this disrespect and denial of wrong doing. Very frustrating knowing that the same seller continues to operate within existing CAM rules. Negative feedback only makes the negotiation process more difficult. I was told by the seller to remove the feedback or no compensation would be provided.

Good luck, I hope it works out better for you than it did for me. In the meantime CAM mods should seriously consider shutting these jerks down until remediation is complete.

PS, same trick (ad status off) was used whereby I was not permitted to ever provide feedback.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:17 am 

Kevin 666 wrote:

Did you post Negative feedback????[/quote]

No he turned the add off.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:23 am 

Kevin 666 wrote:
Kevin 666 wrote:

No he turned the add off.

Wow, there appears to be a pattern with this seller.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:32 am 

I'm sure the mods will deal with this seller. Perhaps a little trip to Banhammer :x

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:22 am 

ssimster still has a number of things listed. Maybe everyone should send him an email encouraging him to make good. Is that permitted?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next