Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Forum rules


Feedback for dealers regarding experience OUTSIDE of CAM must go in the Dealer Feedback Forum.



Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:55 am
Posts: 2580
Location: iii, ON, CA
Che Cavolo wrote:
avigdor has 2 pioneer receivers listed, none in his sold section. one is marked 100% cosmetically superb. the other marked near new condition.




That is his problem then. Never overestimate the condition.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:00 pm
Posts: 2917
Location: Rio Rancho, NM, US
Che Cavolo wrote:
avigdor has 2 pioneer receivers listed, none in his sold section. one is marked 100% cosmetically superb. the other marked near new condition.


"I see a bad moon rising,
I see trouble on the way....."
:lol:

_________________
I think, therefore I am not sure.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:13 pm
Posts: 311
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
The OP is totally in the wrong misrepresenting the item he sold as 8/10 when it was nothing close to that. Unless, they are specifically noted, it is difficult to see defects in photos. The seller should reimburse the buyer for the original shipping cost, the sale price & the cost to ship it back or accept the settlement offered by the buyer.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:15 pm 
Offline
Premium User
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:44 pm
Posts: 6089
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
starman100 wrote:
The OP is totally in the wrong misrepresenting the item he sold as 8/10 when it was nothing close to that. Unless, they are specifically noted, it is difficult to see defects in photos. The seller should reimburse the buyer for the original shipping cost, the sale price & the cost to ship it back or accept the settlement offered by the buyer.


IMO...that would be the honourable thing to do...will be interesting to see how it all ends.

_________________
I Put A Spell On You!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:47 am
Posts: 393
Location: Hamilton, ON, CA
Close to the Edge wrote:
Che Cavolo wrote:
avigdor has 2 pioneer receivers listed, none in his sold section. one is marked 100% cosmetically superb. the other marked near new condition.




That is his problem then. Never overestimate the condition.



Both marked "ultra rare" and listed at about twice their market value. There is nothing special about an 820, its identical to the 3700 and they can be found all over kijiji and at garage sales. I have one and so does my father. About 400$ in 1978 or so. The part about "petty details" and buyers being anal leads me to think that the seller believes cosmetics to be unimportant, when they are critical to buyers. If I am going to bother having something shipped across the country it better be rare or spectacular.

Easy to remedy..after 37+ transactions one should have and be able to post pics. I'd encourage the seller to post them and settle the dispute. I'm terrible curious as to why pics weren't included in the original post..it would seem obvious they would be included in the complaint as defense that the item was as listed.

It essentially reads, to me anyway, I don't care what it looks like, why should you?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:55 am
Posts: 2580
Location: iii, ON, CA
smally21 wrote:
Close to the Edge wrote:
Che Cavolo wrote:
avigdor has 2 pioneer receivers listed, none in his sold section. one is marked 100% cosmetically superb. the other marked near new condition.




That is his problem then. Never overestimate the condition.



Both marked "ultra rare" and listed at about twice their market value. There is nothing special about an 820, its identical to the 3700 and they can be found all over kijiji and at garage sales. I have one and so does my father. About 400$ in 1978 or so. The part about "petty details" and buyers being anal leads me to think that the seller believes cosmetics to be unimportant, when they are critical to buyers. If I am going to bother having something shipped across the country it better be rare or spectacular.

Easy to remedy..after 37+ transactions one should have and be able to post pics. I'd encourage the seller to post them and settle the dispute. I'm terrible curious as to why pics weren't included in the original post..it would seem obvious they would be included in the complaint as defense that the item was as listed.

It essentially reads, to me anyway, I don't care what it looks like, why should you?


Not uncommon for this seller from what I hear.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:07 pm
Posts: 4485
Location: Welland, ON, CA
Judging from the temperature of the overwhelming majority of the responses to the OP's initial post, I would be more than a little surprised if we hear form the OP again in this thread, except maybe to complain that we are all ganging up on him. Sometimes things don't go as you foresaw and it's better to just keep some things to yourself.

To the OP; is the amount you received for this receiver really worth a possible negative feedback on your record?

_________________
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that they're not out to get you.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:41 am
Posts: 7615
Location: Burlington, ON, CA
since no one was named it just makes for a fun rainy afternoon at the OP's expense. Sometimes it don't pay to open up a can of invertebrates.... :mrgreen:

_________________
"I'm not Inspector Gadget!"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:18 pm 
Offline
Premium User
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:44 pm
Posts: 6089
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
good sound wrote:
Judging from the temperature of the overwhelming majority of the responses to the OP's initial post, I would be more than a little surprised if we hear form the OP again in this thread, except maybe to complain that we are all ganging up on him. Sometimes things don't go as you foresaw and it's better to just keep some things to yourself.

To the OP; is the amount you received for this receiver really worth a possible negative feedback on your record?


One of the unfortunate results of someone leaving legitimate 'negative feedback' is that the person leaving the 'negative feedback' can then also receive 'negative feedback'...often times in the form of an outright fantasy...

As no one wants a negative feedback showing up on their profile...I believe that too many times people choose to leave no feedback at all...

_________________
I Put A Spell On You!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:41 am
Posts: 7615
Location: Burlington, ON, CA
Close to the Edge wrote:
Not uncommon for this seller from what I hear.


ouch

_________________
"I'm not Inspector Gadget!"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:44 am
Posts: 412
Location: Clinton, ON, CA
Wow...now I know who NOT to deal with


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:39 pm
Posts: 400
Location: Oshawa, ON, CA
Ishis wrote:
One of the unfortunate results of someone leaving legitimate 'negative feedback' is that the person leaving the 'negative feedback' can then also receive 'negative feedback'...often times in the form of an outright fantasy...


I agree with your statement and disagree with the system. (Guess how I got my negative feedback...)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:16 pm
Posts: 444
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
isnt it funny how theres no chime in from the originator of this thread.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 1:21 pm
Posts: 839
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
It's also funny how none of you gents have inspected the actual item in person yourself before passing judgement on who's right and who's wrong. One person has 37 positives and the other has 2. Not siding with one over the other - none of us really know except the two parties involved. Just saying.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:39 pm
Posts: 1673
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Rephleks wrote:
It's also funny how none of you gents have inspected the actual item in person yourself before passing judgement on who's right and who's wrong. One person has 37 positives and the other has 2. Not siding with one over the other - none of us really know except the two parties involved. Just saying.


Good point. I am guilty as well, but stop pouncing on the poor guy. We all know that there are three sides to the story. He wanted to know the general opinion on this forum - I'm sure now he knows it. I feel that a few messages on this 2nd page are more than just harsh - people started to speculate and make fun of the guy - looks like grade 9 in high school.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group