Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Feedback for dealers regarding experience OUTSIDE of CAM must go in the Dealer Feedback Forum.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:45 pm 

I see no rush to judgement here. When someone like the OP starts a thread like this, he's basically asking the CAM community to pass judgement on this transaction, one way or the other. The respondents have voiced their opinions and passed judgement based on the information we've been given. Judged by a jury of his peers.

So what's wrong with that? No different than any other topic, imho. Happens all the time. The problem for the OP is that he was expecting and hoping for a very different outcome.

Remember: not once did the OP deny that any of the numerous cosmetic problems that the buyer alluded to were unsubstantiated. And it's quite clear to the rest of us that the 8/10 rating was exaggerated, to say the least. Damning evidence if you ask me.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:53 pm 

Rephleks wrote:
It's also funny how none of you gents have inspected the actual item in person yourself before passing judgement on who's right and who's wrong. One person has 37 positives and the other has 2. Not siding with one over the other - none of us really know except the two parties involved. Just saying.

how do you know the buyer has 2 feedbacks?

-- 20 Jul 2014 02:53 --

Rephleks wrote:
It's also funny how none of you gents have inspected the actual item in person yourself before passing judgement on who's right and who's wrong. One person has 37 positives and the other has 2. Not siding with one over the other - none of us really know except the two parties involved. Just saying.

how do you know the buyer has 2 feedbacks?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:58 pm 

Arn't we gettin a little ahead of our selves here, I'm still stuck on on this "Alberta" thing....

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:31 pm 

Che Cavolo wrote:
avigdor has 2 pioneer receivers listed, none in his sold section. one is marked 100% cosmetically superb. the other marked near new condition.

He does now, and he has conveniently removed all traces of his ad and pictures. Buyer beware, I believe that this speaks very highly to the seller's character, or lack there of.....

EDIT: I did mention before that I dislike CAM's method of negative feedback, but feel like saying it again. I love that a rebuttal can be put on the initial red flag, but I'd guess that there is nearly almost a kneejerk redflag given to the person that originally gave one. That a the reciever can put a flag on the originators account is not cool.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:54 am 

Rephleks wrote:

I appreciate that..but the OP should have added pics in support of the claim that the buyer is acting in bad faith. There is essentially no rebuttal to the claim that the item is in less than stated condition. In fact, as opposed to supporting the 8/10... It seems the opposite is happening. Add copy and pics aren't forthcoming..they are leaving. I don't agree that this is a case of "we'll never know" ..both sides seem to agree the item wasn't as listed. Which makes it unwarranted to call out the buyer..and provides support that the thread was intended to bash the buyer..but blew up on the seller.

If you want to play the dirty game (IMO) of using the negative feedback forum to discredit a guy you better have your ducks in a row..and that means pics..of the item, of the packaging, and its arrival. None provided, no further defense added..posters to this thread may appear harsh but that is the can of worms. A lesson to be learned here perhaps.

And yes I agree that if a guy screws you..you did nothing wrong but leave a negative you are getting one back no matter what. Dont have the answer but agree that likely 50% of negative feedback is unjust.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:30 am 

Yet the previous CAM member seller who it was purchased from had rated this receiver an 8 in his for sale CAM ad!
Buying it from him I had no issues that it deserved to be rated any less.
However the buyer I shipped to in Alberta was a total anal freak,first demanding money back stating it worked perfectly and was packaged and shipped very well. However cosmetically this buyer rated it a low 5, not the 8 that it was rated bythe seller I purchased it from,which I also called it an 8.
Seems that some have their own interpretations of the rating system,when it suits them.
In the end this buyer once accepting he could no longer bully or threaten me for any refunds,said; "I'll keep it,but will only play it in the dark,so he won't have to look at it"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:43 am 

Interesting that you raised your old thread back up...

You can be the biggest auido purists and ignore the cosmetics of the item (many of us do, many don't), but grading scale is there and it's very clearly described. There is a link in every ad.
http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/grading_scale.php

Based on your own description, that receiver was nowhere near 8/10. So if you make up your own grading scale, that's fine, but don't use pre-provided scale, and provide detailed photos of the damage.

8/10:
This item has seen some use, but still appears perfect from the front. A perfect front face plate includes the front top edge. Be sure and check this edge since it is very easy to nick. On speakers, all four front edges should be inspected.

Electronics may have 1 or 2 minor scratches (max 1/2" long, very thin) on the top plate or the sides of electronics, but again, the front must be perfect. There should be no signs of rack mounting. Chrome should have no pitting, but may have some discoloration in spots less than 1/4" diameter. Silk-screening has no separations, and the lettering shows no wear.

5/10:
This piece is visibly scratched and noticeably used, any major scratches on the front face qualify for a 5/10.

•Electronics may have several minor nicks or one major scratch on the front. Chrome is showing some pitting, maybe a flake or two has come off. Transformer covers show some rust, as do their mounting screws. Silcreening is separating from the glass in two or more areas, or the glass has one minor crack less than 1/2" long.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:04 pm 

avigdor wrote:
Yet the previous CAM member seller who it was purchased from had rated this receiver an 8 in his for sale CAM ad!

That's completely irrelevant. The CAM grading system serves as an objective standard for the members, and avoids - in the case of a dispute - people taking positions based on subjective "opinions" of the condition of gear. If you had no problem with the condition of the unit when you received it, fine, but that does not entitle you to impose your opinion of the item's condition on others.

I don't think you are going to find sympathy here on the forums. I agree with previous posters who said that the maximum you could have rated the item is a 7. I would want a refund too.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:20 pm 

avigdor wrote:
Seems that some have their own interpretations of the rating system,when it suits them.

Ironic that, since based on what you described in this thread, this seems to match you to a tee. I don't think you represented your item accurately.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:51 pm 
Premium User

[EDIT BY MOD: No need to make things personal and derail the thread]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:00 pm 

I think the purpose of this thread has served its purpose - always refer to the ratings guide when describing your item.

Thread locked.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3