Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:56 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Feedback for dealers regarding experience OUTSIDE of CAM must go in the Dealer Feedback Forum.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: CAM seller DeltaV
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:15 am 

I checked out the feedback by Scambusterpro. DeltaV's response is that he never sold him anything. The feedback was placed on an item that appears to be still up for sale. Something just does not seem to be adding up. I think a Mod needs to step in and get to the bottom of this before things go too far.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:53 am 

Vintageman wrote:
I checked out the feedback by Scambusterpro. DeltaV's response is that he never sold him anything. The feedback was placed on an item that appears to be still up for sale. Something just does not seem to be adding up. I think a Mod needs to step in and get to the bottom of this before things go too far.

Seems that based on his user name and past posts, he/she was just trying to do a general service for the CAM community by warning others about deltaV, however bending the rules of posting feedback, by doing so.

Interesting that in deltaV's negative feedback he left in response to Scambusterpro, he stated "Whatever feedback is being used is used as a retaliation tool on the transaction that took place not through this website that is already settled." I'd like to know what they meant by "settled". And why they had time to post negative feedback but not explain their side of things in this thread.

Last edited by Rephleks on Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:56 am 
Premium User

Love how he says situation has already been settled, in whose eyes have they been resolved?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:35 am 

My transaction also took place outside of CAM, but I knew he posted his adds here. However this was the only forum I had at my disposal. I just wonder how many other people have had a negative experience with him through his ads on UsedOttawa or Kijiji, those are then ones we don't hear about.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:41 am 

Well, if you knew he posted his ads here why did you choose to go through a site that offers no protection or feedback option?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:46 am 

antonius wrote:
My transaction also took place outside of CAM, but I knew he posted his adds here. However this was the only forum I had at my disposal. I just wonder how many other people have had a negative experience with him through his ads on UsedOttawa or Kijiji, those are then ones we don't hear about.

Was the item listed on both CAM and Kijji? Can you post a link to the CAM ad? If so, why can't you leave feedback associated with the CAM ad?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:58 am 

antonius wrote:

Given that this transaction was not brokered through CAM and also given that there is now a huge pile on with people making comments without knowing all the facts, I'm locking this thread. DeltaV is welcome to contact me privately via PM or through the moderators e-mail account ( moderators(at)canuckaudiomart.com ) to explain his side of this deal.

Post subject: Re: CAM seller deltaV
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:32 am 

I would like to warn other CAM members of a seller deltaV. I was recently hosed by him on another site but he also sells on here. There is a locked thread on this seller in the negative feedback forum. Do not be fooled by his positive feedback, as its difficult for any negative feedback to stick. He sells his items mostly on UsedOttawa classifieds, also on Kijiji. He is in no way an honest seller. Please save yourself grief and do not buy or sell to him. And learn from my mistake and never pay via interac- direct deposit, you have nothing to protect you when the deal goes bad.

-- 29 Jan 2014 15:40 --

Am I bitter? Yes I am. I find it very frustrating that there is no way to warn potential buyers about this guy. If you read over the posts made in the negative feedback forum you will see why its frustrating. This guy clearly needs to clean up his act.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:28 am 

antonius wrote:
Digging up an old thread here, I was recently scammed by a CAM seller when I paid with EMT and never received my item. Clearly many buyers would prefer PayPal. I would be very suspicious of the OP's motive for wanting to ban PayPal from CAM. I would warn anyone not to pay by interac-deposit because when the deal goes bad the seller has your money and you have nothing.

Moderator Remark:
This purchase was not made via CAM. It was made through Kijji or some other online classified.

The item in question was posted for sale on CAM at one time. Google Hitachi HA-330 and see an expired listing (in all its glory). The excact same add was posted on Kijiji, which is where, one fateful day I came upon it. How could I not want it? Ultra musical and way better than pioneer! I had to buy it! But being a stupid and foolish person I did something I had never done before, I paid by EMT. I'm not expecting to get my money back, I don't want pity, I only want as many people as possible to know what happened, and benefit from my mistake. This is a community based forum, so let the community draw their own conclusions.

Secondly I had to dig up this old thread because because I received a PM from a number of other members pointing it out to me,

Last edited by antonius on Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:34 am 

I don't see any problem with outing a Kijiji seller that has also sells on CAM.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:52 am 

[quote="Erik"]I don't see any problem with outing a Kijiji seller that has also sells on CAM.[/quot

Right on.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:55 am 

Exactly, I was trying to point out that other CAM members had contacted me, sharing their bad experiences and also pointing out this thread to me. I just can't help to see the humour. And to the moderators, I don't want to break any rules or disrespect the forum, I love CAM, and have no wish to be banned from it.I only started actively posting after my first bad experience, and even though the transaction did not take place on CAM, the item had been listed here and the seller continues to sell here.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:58 am 

Erik wrote:
I don't see any problem with outing a Kijiji seller that has also sells on CAM.

I agree, and especially when dealing with something that couldn't by more straightfoward ... If someone purchases A from me and I ship B (an entirely different item) how could that be anything other than 100% my responsibility to rectify?

So it happened on Kijiji ... so what ... what are we saying? ... that we'll wait for someone here to get messed with and only then act?

Add to that the extreme irony of the very seller soliciting to have PayPal banned!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:04 am 

"You will be seduced the moment you hear it's sound" This is what the add promised, now I will never get to experience said seduction, this is what really grinds my gears.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4