Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:40 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Feedback for dealers regarding experience OUTSIDE of CAM must go in the Dealer Feedback Forum.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: CAM seller DeltaV
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:44 pm 

Was looking into buying a big realistc reciever for my cousin in bc....the guy was an idiot to deal with and my cousin said no way in hell was he going to deal with him....sorry to opener.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:20 pm 

Don't be sorry. Looking back at some of his older adds and his profile on CAM, I think he's quite the character,and he really talks his products up. I so regret having dealt with him.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:37 pm 

BTW the cassette deck he sent me is a Teac A-303, if you Google it you will see an expired UsedOttawa listing which is the one I now have. There is as link to all his other adds, all supposedly in mint condition.

-- 28 Jan 2014 02:47 --

As someone mentioned, deltaV now does have a negative feedback and a warning not to do business with him. The negative feedback was left by scambusterpro, I tried to pm him but am not able to.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:25 pm 

The tuner I got from him with the burned leds and non functioning buttons (most buttons as some actually did work) was a SAE T101. I recall talking to him on the phone to complain about the lemon tuner I had received from him,his name if I remember correctly as it has been a while now was Dimitry.

George

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:03 pm 

b3733366 wrote:
He's got a negative now :!:

not likely it will stick with no transaction,,,,,or hmmm maybe.....

-- 28 Jan 2014 04:08 --

b3733366 wrote:
He's got a negative now :!:

not likely it will stick with no transaction,,,,,or hmmm maybe.....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:29 am 

The name of the account I deposited the money into (his wife) is Iryana Sakalova. He says his name is Michael, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's really Dimitry. If the negative feedback doesn't stick then that is frustrating.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:14 am 

Hi Yiorgos,

I saw you mentioned Dimitri. Is his last name Johannisse (or sth like this)? He contacted me some weeks ago about my ad and he was interested in buying the item. Said he lives in Quebec City area but his phone number was from Montreal. I googled his phone number (514 898-3594) and saw he is a scammer and reported as such on CAM. He changed avatar many times but always same phone number. Lately his avatar was lars26 (on Quebec Audio d'Occasion).

Please stay away from him.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:19 am 

antonius wrote:
BTW the cassette deck he sent me is a Teac A-303, if you Google it you will see an expired UsedOttawa listing which is the one I now have. There is as link to all his other adds, all supposedly in mint condition.

-- 28 Jan 2014 02:47 --

As someone mentioned, deltaV now does have a negative feedback and a warning not to do business with him. The negative feedback was left by scambusterpro, I tried to pm him but am not able to.

this character has extensive used audio gear listings on Kijiji Ottawa and Used Ottawa.
lists a location in the Gatineau area but phone seems to be from Montreal area.
his ads all end with "Please send phone number when ready to buy!"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:35 am 

Do like I did....... remove your feedback! I couldn't say anything bad about him on the one hand, however I wouldn't want someone to make a decision today based on my 5 year old experience.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:53 am 

Just to clarify, I'm not the one who left the negative feedback, as my transaction did not take place on CAM. However he does list some of his products here, and has for years. But it should raise a flag that he is not upfront about his location (is it Ottawa or Montreal?), likely doesn't use his real name, and even the fact that he has buyers deposit money into his wife's bank account, it all raises suspicion. Hopefully enough people will see this to stop them from dealing with him.

-- 28 Jan 2014 14:07 --

Feedback left by cam member scambusterpro, claiming that " a number of claims of fraudulent transactions are now public record, you are advised to avoid" . Sounds pretty serious to me. I would say any negative feedback is deserved, and sellers like him are to the detriment of of both buyers and sellers alike.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:18 am 

He definitely pumps his stuff and his pictures are decent.
Confusing about his long list of positive feedback in light of these allegations however.
Almost purchased a commercial Sony multiple speaker output selector (for A-D speaker tests) from him a couple of years ago.
Sent him a question which garnered no response. Now I am thinking I dodge a bullet.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:24 am 

Yes he does know how to pump his stuff. The list of positive feedback is a bit perplexing, but not everyone comes forward raises a stink like I am. I would be curious to know what happened with cam member scambusterpro, unfortunately I am not allowed to pm him, as I guess I have not posted enough on CAM yet. If someone could point him towards this thread maybe he could shine some light on this.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:32 am 

10 posts. you are in.
PM away!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:09 am 

Okay thanks. Pm has been sent.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:11 am 
Premium User

antonius wrote:
Okay thanks. Pm has been sent.

User Scambusterpro has not participated or visited the forums since mid-December 2012, therefore it is doubtful that he will see your PM unless he visits the forums. He seems to be a user of the Classified site exclusively since then.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next