Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Feedback for dealers regarding experience OUTSIDE of CAM must go in the Dealer Feedback Forum.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: CAM seller DeltaV
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:21 pm 

Well, there's always small claims court ... wonder if he wants to drive to Sarnia or wherever the closest courthouse is. His contact info should be on the parcel so you can send the summons by registered mail ... if that's permitted.

Collecting vintage tube Pilot (Pilotone) HiFi gear.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:22 pm 

antonius wrote:
The last email I received from him he said "I have done all I can, but I have to stress that I cannot be out of both my items and my money". I told him I would return the wrong item but now he has stopped communicating.

That's just lame. You might also point out to him he's been outted here. Bad for business.

Edit: sheesh. the guy's got 5 wanted ads, sell him what he wants for $150 plus your costs and then ship him that nasty tape deck. :lol:
and ferchrissakes make sure you get paid interac. :mrgreen:

Last edited by Che Cavolo on Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:34 pm 

Totally agree with your statement shad, every time I hear the mention of police in terms of classified adds, kijiji and ebay I shake my head. The police will not involve themselves in a he said/she said over private transactions involving used items. The fraud unit does not have a garage sale division either..and it's unlikely Joe Friday is going to show up and pull out his notepad..."start at the beginning..now how old is the tape deck.."

Small claims court is a waste of time for said value..and it hardly makes his life hard..he doesn't have to show up or pay up. It would make your life harder than his. And a summons is for..and is only enforceable, for actual criminal or in some instances civil cases.

To the OP... sounds like not only do you have a complaint with the seller, but also the buyer that received your item. He should be compensated for return shipping/incidentals but the item is not his to keep!

And indeed Che..just peanut shells maybe..

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:36 pm 

smally21 wrote:
Totally agree with your statement shad, every time I hear the mention of police in terms of classified adds, kijiji and ebay I shake my head. The police will not involve themselves in a he said/she said over private transactions involving used items. The fraud unit does not have a garage sale division either..and it's unlikely Joe Friday is going to show up and pull out his notepad..."start at the beginning..now how old is the tape deck.."

Small claims court is a waste of time for said value..and it hardly makes his life hard..he doesn't have to show up or pay up. It would make your life harder than his. And a summons is for..and is only enforceable, for actual criminal or in some instances civil cases.

To the OP... sounds like not only do you have a complaint with the seller, but also the buyer that received your item. He should be compensated for return shipping/incidentals but the item is not his to keep!

And indeed Che..just peanut shells maybe..

Smally in the interest of true fairness, check my re-edit. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:53 pm 

yes..the peanut shell comment is now somewhat obscure..but both of your ideas are solid.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:12 pm 

smally21 wrote:

I took someone to small claim court a few decades ago and I'm pretty sure I handed him a summons to appear in court. As you predicted, he didn't show up in court. That was OK because it involved a car accident for which he personally was going to pay for my repairs. The beauty of that situation is, if found guilty and he doesn't pay you can apply to the MOT for a license suspension, which is what I did.

Collecting vintage tube Pilot (Pilotone) HiFi gear.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:53 pm 

Well you guys have given me some ideas. I have sent an email to him pointing out that what he has done amounts to fraud and I have been advised to take him to small claims court. Hopefully that rattles him.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:37 pm 

I bought from DeltaV a tuner lasr summer.
The item was advertised as mint,100% functional and cleaned tested e.t.c
Instead I received the item with leds not working and most of the buttons not working,I called him to complain and return the tuner but he blamed me and wouldn,t accept back, so I got stuck with it boxed it and put it away,I haven,t use the tuner since because it needs repair that far exceeds the value of the tuner.
In my case I was out over 260 dollars,so I will never deal or buy again from member DeltaV, by the way he is in Ottawa and seems that he deals with mostly vintage equipment that probably buys for cheap and then try to flip for a profit.
Regards
George

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:46 pm 

Why didn't you sack him on the feedback. Ad pulled before you could get it?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:56 pm 

This fall, a pal of mine posted a great condition pair of B&W bookshelfs. Fella down east agreed to buy em. Paid via Paypal. Got the speakers and swapped minty tweeters out for his damaged ones. Then he emailed my pal said the condition was not as described. Reported him to Paypal. Paypal favored the buyer of course, who shipped the now damaged bookshelfs back and was refunded by Paypal via credit card. My pal complained high and low to Paypal, CAM, and when he got the speakers back he was simply shocked at the condition. Nothing serial number wised lined up, where previously they were consecutive. Buyer beware, seller beware. Dont send anything you arent prepared to give away for nothing. Be surprized everytime you arent ripped off. This isnt the same place anymore.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:03 pm 

Che Cavolo wrote:
Why didn't you sack him on the feedback. Ad pulled before you could get it?

Because he tried (it took about three weeks) to file a damage complain with Canada Post and paypal back to me 80 dollars for repairs ,I later found out from calling around what it would really cost me to actually repair the tuner. Also I never left feedback for him negative or positive for that matter,I do believe in bad karma however and I am sure he will get what he deserves eventually.
Regards
George

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:16 pm 
Premium User

I would contact him one last time, and let him know that if you don't get a full refund you will post ads on all the local classified ad services (Kijiji, Craigslist, etc) on a daily basis to warn others of the fraud that he perpetrated against you. Make sure he knows you will use his full name in each and every ad. As long as you are making true statements about the man, you are not committing defamation. The vintage Hi-Fi enthusiast community is small enough that if he doesn't give you the refund, he will loose far more in missed sales as people won't want to deal with him. I'm sure this thread alone has cost him future business from this community.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:12 pm 

He's got a negative now :!:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:19 pm 

Could DeltaV be.....the dreaded John Bowering?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:22 pm 
Premium User

SHAME on you deltaV. I hope you get a form 9!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next