Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:55 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Feedback for dealers regarding experience OUTSIDE of CAM must go in the Dealer Feedback Forum.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ripped off?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:36 am 
Premium User

Yes even basic shipping within Canada has tracking now!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:47 am 

As a seller, just pay the guy back his $30 and save your reputation. You stated you make $30 an hour so is it that big a deal...

As a seller if i have any problems with shipping i always returned the buyers funds right away as long as they cooperate when it comes to dealing with the problem whether it being a damage claim or lost claim. Then i eventually get my money back from insurance but it keeps both parties satisfied and is only fair in my opinion and hope others would do the same for me.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:53 am 

Just an FYI - CP website states that a regular parcel does not have the $100 coverage included but is optional for a fee.

http://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/suppo ... ents-e.asp

As a CP Venture One member I always send packages expedited as it is almost the same price and even occasionally cheaper (go figure) so I cannot confirm this through experience.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:07 am 
Premium User

buddha wrote:
Just an FYI - CP website states that a regular parcel does not have the $100 coverage included but is optional for a fee.

As a CP Venture One member I always send packages expedited as it is almost the same price and even occasionally cheaper (go figure) so I cannot confirm this through experience.

But does have a tracking number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:23 am 

I'm sorry but I can't help there. As mentioned, I only ship expedite (which, most certainly, does) and would never think of shipping without tracking regardless.
Maybe someone with a current receipt for regular parcel will post.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:55 am 

Mike07 wrote:
As a seller, just pay the guy back his $30 and save your reputation.

Seller said he would do this in early October. It is now the end of October and he hasn't done so. I would be suspicious too.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:25 am 
Premium User

.....Use "signature required". Cost about $2. Removes discussion of delivered or not. All this over $30!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:45 am 

Digital Don wrote:
.....Use "signature required". Cost about $2. Removes discussion of delivered or not. All this over $30!!!!!!

I wouldnt ship or want to receive anything any other way.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:53 am 

tubemannick wrote:
buddha wrote:

I believe the website is either out of date or wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:58 am 

Items of concern here:
Poor communication
Unable to resolve dispute over a negligible amt - $30 won't cover shipping costs for most items on CAM
Negligence - no tracking numbers
Lack of empathy - item lost? your problem, not mine - see ya!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:29 am 
Premium User

Where's the tracking number? All Canada Post small parcel and larger packages larger than an envelope will have a tracking number. I ask the person who shipped this item...Where's the proof of sending the item? The receipt will most certainly have the tracking number. If you cannot provide this, then there is no proof and therefore the buyer should be compensated. ..

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:50 am 
Premium User

jayparadigm wrote:
Fellow CAM Members,
It seems as though I have been caught in a moral delemma. The Luxman cd player I sent this gentleman has allegedly failed to arrive at its destination. In all the years that I have bought and sold various items over the internet, only twice have I had such an event occur. Both times , the item in question was never to seen again after arrival in the Surrey terminal. Considering the hundreds of transactions I have made, (most of which through Ebay and Amazon) I think I am somewhat correct to assume that these things rarely happen. While I was in contact with Preston, he seemed as though he was a stand up sort of fellow. That initial impression aside, I must say that this a case of he said she said. How do I know that he did not receive the item in question ? If it was "lost" in transit, who is to blame ? That would be niether his nor my fault. My trust and relatively good experience with the postal system really never causes me to feel the need for tracking numbers. Nor did Preston request that I put one on the package.
Common sense would tell any rational person reading this post that to attempt to "rip off" as its been called, another CAM user for $30 is absolutely rediculous. When I go to work in the morning, I earn that in one hour. I do not have the time to be bothered with trying to rob an innocent person of $30. Lets do the math here. Approximately one hour to source out appropriate packing material around the house and perform a proper packaging job, then approximately another hour of my time to complete the return trip to the nearest postal outlet. Hmmmm..... 1+1= ??? Anyone here see my point ?
I do not buy and sell audio equipment for profit, I do it for my love of the music and the equipment. I cycle dozens of amplifiers, recievers, speakers, and turntables through my home every couple of months because its my hobby and I can afford to do it without having to misrepresent myself for $30. If my intent were to be dishonest, would it not be more conducive to sell something of value ? Maybe some of my more sought after Luxman equipment ? Or some of my Marantz , NAD, Mission, Paradigm, Energy, something of value that would make me money ? But no, this is a $30 cd player. Where is the logic ?
As previously mentioned..... who should be responsible for someones incompetance within the Canada Post system ?
There is no end to my amazement at how quickly people are to jump on the bandwagon and assume the worst of someone after only hearing the claims of one person. It truly is disappointing to see this post considering over the years, 90% of the people Ive met in the audiophile community have been wonderful people and I have no doubt that Preston fits into that majority. I doubt that he has the time to make a false claim such as this, for him, a $30 cd player is not likely worth the time and effort any more than it would be for someone such as myself to go through the trouble of trying to misrepresent myself. Of the many thousands of dollars worth of vintage audio equipment in my home, I cant imagine why I would to go through the trouble of trying to "rip off" this man for a $30 sale.
I hope this will serve as a lesson for everyone, myself included, that in the future, we MUST always request that the postal outlet place a tracking number and insurance on our packages, even if it is only travelling 300KM such as in this case.
Canuck Audio Mart is a valuable resource for all who use it and I cant imagine why I would want to ruin that for myself or anyone else for that matter. As the old saying goes, "dont @&^* where you eat". I certainly dont do it.

Jason

Uh, Jason it IS your responsibility to ship ANY item you sell correctly. And a tracking number is automatically given when you drop of the item at a Canada post depo... I assume with all your proclaimed experience in internet transactions you know that a tracking number resides on your Cdn Post receipt. What is bothersome to me is your repeated reference to why you wouldn't rip someone off for $30.00...Poor choice of syntax. So return the cash and be done with it as ultimately if you can not provide the documentation to prove it was shipped it is your burden to bare. :cry:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:58 am 

waxwings wrote:
jayparadigm wrote:
Fellow CAM Members,
It seems as though I have been caught in a moral delemma. The Luxman cd player I sent this gentleman has allegedly failed to arrive at its destination. In all the years that I have bought and sold various items over the internet, only twice have I had such an event occur. Both times , the item in question was never to seen again after arrival in the Surrey terminal. Considering the hundreds of transactions I have made, (most of which through Ebay and Amazon) I think I am somewhat correct to assume that these things rarely happen. While I was in contact with Preston, he seemed as though he was a stand up sort of fellow. That initial impression aside, I must say that this a case of he said she said. How do I know that he did not receive the item in question ? If it was "lost" in transit, who is to blame ? That would be niether his nor my fault. My trust and relatively good experience with the postal system really never causes me to feel the need for tracking numbers. Nor did Preston request that I put one on the package.
Common sense would tell any rational person reading this post that to attempt to "rip off" as its been called, another CAM user for $30 is absolutely rediculous. When I go to work in the morning, I earn that in one hour. I do not have the time to be bothered with trying to rob an innocent person of $30. Lets do the math here. Approximately one hour to source out appropriate packing material around the house and perform a proper packaging job, then approximately another hour of my time to complete the return trip to the nearest postal outlet. Hmmmm..... 1+1= ??? Anyone here see my point ?
I do not buy and sell audio equipment for profit, I do it for my love of the music and the equipment. I cycle dozens of amplifiers, recievers, speakers, and turntables through my home every couple of months because its my hobby and I can afford to do it without having to misrepresent myself for $30. If my intent were to be dishonest, would it not be more conducive to sell something of value ? Maybe some of my more sought after Luxman equipment ? Or some of my Marantz , NAD, Mission, Paradigm, Energy, something of value that would make me money ? But no, this is a $30 cd player. Where is the logic ?
As previously mentioned..... who should be responsible for someones incompetance within the Canada Post system ?
There is no end to my amazement at how quickly people are to jump on the bandwagon and assume the worst of someone after only hearing the claims of one person. It truly is disappointing to see this post considering over the years, 90% of the people Ive met in the audiophile community have been wonderful people and I have no doubt that Preston fits into that majority. I doubt that he has the time to make a false claim such as this, for him, a $30 cd player is not likely worth the time and effort any more than it would be for someone such as myself to go through the trouble of trying to misrepresent myself. Of the many thousands of dollars worth of vintage audio equipment in my home, I cant imagine why I would to go through the trouble of trying to "rip off" this man for a $30 sale.
I hope this will serve as a lesson for everyone, myself included, that in the future, we MUST always request that the postal outlet place a tracking number and insurance on our packages, even if it is only travelling 300KM such as in this case.
Canuck Audio Mart is a valuable resource for all who use it and I cant imagine why I would want to ruin that for myself or anyone else for that matter. As the old saying goes, "dont @&^* where you eat". I certainly dont do it.

Jason

Uh, Jason it IS your responsibility to ship ANY item you sell correctly. And a tracking number is automatically given when you drop of the item at a Canada post depo... I assume with all your proclaimed experience in internet transactions you know that a tracking number resides on your Cdn Post receipt. What is bothersome to me is your repeated reference to why you wouldn't rip someone off for $30.00...Poor choice of syntax. So return the cash and be done with it as ultimately if you can not provide the documentation to prove it was shipped it is your burden to bare. :cry:

++++1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:10 am 

Close to the Edge wrote:
tubemannick wrote:
buddha wrote:

I believe the website is either out of date or wrong.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The site is neither wrong or out of date.................................
Regular parcels DO NOT come with 100 dollars insurance........
That is an extra unless a level of expedited is chosen.

Personally , I think these threads should not be allowed
at all till the process has gone through moderation , the facts
used and not all the misinformation and opinions used
primarily as a Revenge tool and not as the informative
tool its guised as.

These threads serve more to the end of creating argumentative
angst between members outside of what usually is over
something like this thread is .....of so little value to create
such Horse shyte. It amaazes me that people post on these
types of threads with only one reason that being revenge
not resolve and at that point any resolve is gone with the
intended damage created and the piling on afterwards only
cements this, it does not miraculously change it.

I suggest sellers/shippers

1/ insist that ALL items sent insured with signature period
with no exemptions.

2/ photo of item packed and sent

3/ copy reciept or photo with phone and send copy to seller

4/ Stay in contact with buyer and use the email system with
Canada post to inform both buyer and seller the item was DELIVERED
and SIGNED for.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:23 am 

Sorry folks- I didn't realize I was opening such a monstrous can of worms here. All for $50 (30 + 20) for it seems kind of crazy.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next