Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Feedback for dealers regarding experience OUTSIDE of CAM must go in the Dealer Feedback Forum.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Ripped off?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:25 pm 

Sadly I must report that member Luxman DZ-111 has not honored his agreement with me. I purchased a cd player from him on Sept 23 which I never received. On Oct 5th he said he would reimburse me but I have not heard from him since even though I have sent 3 or 4 emails. I hate to think that I have been ripped off by a CAM member but I don't know what else to think.

Preston

Post subject: Re: Ripped off?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:35 pm 

prezden wrote:
Sadly I must report that member Luxman DZ-111 has not honored his agreement with me. I purchased a cd player from him on Sept 23 which I never received. On Oct 5th he said he would reimburse me but I have not heard from him since even though I have sent 3 or 4 emails. I hate to think that I have been ripped off by a CAM member but I don't know what else to think.

Preston

Report this to admin and moderator team immediately so as to allow them to become involved. They have been helpful to others in the past with similar as well as less serious issues.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:57 pm 
Premium User

The mod team has already started looking into this. The correct user name for this transaction is not Luxman DZ-111, that is the CD player model number involved.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:14 pm 

:oops: Sorry- The user name is jaypardigm.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:18 pm 

I think the user name is jayparadigm not jaypardigm.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:08 pm 

Don't forget to leave him the appropriate feedback. If you used Paypal to pay, you should get in touch with them. They will take up your cause and reimburse you.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:26 pm 

Sorry I got the name spelled wrong. Unfortunately I didn't use paypal. The money was sent be interact. First time I have ever not used paypal when buying on line. Big mistake on my part.
Thank you all for your concern. I have bought many things on line from ebay and different forums and never had a problem before. I guess there's always a first for everything.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:56 am 

I hear you, that's the price you pay for direct interact. I've used it several times myself and haven't been ripped off yet so there are honest people out there. Hope you get reimbursed somehow.

Shawn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:54 am 
Premium User

Prezden, you have a PM. Please read it and use the Report Problem link within the ad ASAP so we can get started on trying to help you out here.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:14 am 
Premium User

Hey, let's not over-react here. There's nothing wrong with Email transfers IF you are dealing with a legitimate Canuck member with lots of good feedback.
jayparadigm only has one feedback on Canuck!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:22 am 

unfortunately there is always going to be people looking to scam others.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:18 am 
Premium User

This thread is being locked temporarily until the OP contacts us through the Report Problem link in the ad and we hear back from the seller. It will be unlocked as soon as we get things sorted out.

EDIT:
Thread unlocked as we have heard back from the seller who has been invited to share his side of the story and try to come to some sort of agreement with the buyer.

Good luck guys.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:13 am 

Fellow CAM Members,
It seems as though I have been caught in a moral delemma. The Luxman cd player I sent this gentleman has allegedly failed to arrive at its destination. In all the years that I have bought and sold various items over the internet, only twice have I had such an event occur. Both times , the item in question was never to seen again after arrival in the Surrey terminal. Considering the hundreds of transactions I have made, (most of which through Ebay and Amazon) I think I am somewhat correct to assume that these things rarely happen. While I was in contact with Preston, he seemed as though he was a stand up sort of fellow. That initial impression aside, I must say that this a case of he said she said. How do I know that he did not receive the item in question ? If it was "lost" in transit, who is to blame ? That would be niether his nor my fault. My trust and relatively good experience with the postal system really never causes me to feel the need for tracking numbers. Nor did Preston request that I put one on the package.
Common sense would tell any rational person reading this post that to attempt to "rip off" as its been called, another CAM user for $30 is absolutely rediculous. When I go to work in the morning, I earn that in one hour. I do not have the time to be bothered with trying to rob an innocent person of $30. Lets do the math here. Approximately one hour to source out appropriate packing material around the house and perform a proper packaging job, then approximately another hour of my time to complete the return trip to the nearest postal outlet. Hmmmm..... 1+1= ??? Anyone here see my point ?
I do not buy and sell audio equipment for profit, I do it for my love of the music and the equipment. I cycle dozens of amplifiers, recievers, speakers, and turntables through my home every couple of months because its my hobby and I can afford to do it without having to misrepresent myself for $30. If my intent were to be dishonest, would it not be more conducive to sell something of value ? Maybe some of my more sought after Luxman equipment ? Or some of my Marantz , NAD, Mission, Paradigm, Energy, something of value that would make me money ? But no, this is a $30 cd player. Where is the logic ?
As previously mentioned..... who should be responsible for someones incompetance within the Canada Post system ?
There is no end to my amazement at how quickly people are to jump on the bandwagon and assume the worst of someone after only hearing the claims of one person. It truly is disappointing to see this post considering over the years, 90% of the people Ive met in the audiophile community have been wonderful people and I have no doubt that Preston fits into that majority. I doubt that he has the time to make a false claim such as this, for him, a $30 cd player is not likely worth the time and effort any more than it would be for someone such as myself to go through the trouble of trying to misrepresent myself. Of the many thousands of dollars worth of vintage audio equipment in my home, I cant imagine why I would to go through the trouble of trying to "rip off" this man for a $30 sale.
I hope this will serve as a lesson for everyone, myself included, that in the future, we MUST always request that the postal outlet place a tracking number and insurance on our packages, even if it is only travelling 300KM such as in this case.
Canuck Audio Mart is a valuable resource for all who use it and I cant imagine why I would want to ruin that for myself or anyone else for that matter. As the old saying goes, "dont @&^* where you eat". I certainly dont do it.

Jason

Last edited by jayparadigm on Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:26 am 

Wow- I do not want to get involved in this sort of game. I will leave you with one line from an email I received Oct. 4th:

Hi Preston
I just got your emails, I havent had a chance to look at my computer in days thanks to fifteen hour work days. I appologize for that. Im amazed the package hasnt arrived yet, although I have for some unknown reason experienced hangups in Surrey , and even lost a laptop there which I once ordered for my daughter. For some reason everything goes through there, even when I order items from the eastern provinces.
If it doesnt show up this week I want to happily return your money to you without hesitation. Please stay in touch with me my friend !

Jason

Thank you all for your concern- Preston

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:00 am 

Always put a tracking number and signature required on the item. Canada Post has a $100 insurance free, so if you shipped through them it's covered, all you have to do is put in a claim.

I had the same thing happen to me a few year's back , me being the seller. It went to the wrong building and turned up a week later, lesson learned.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next