Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:44 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Feedback for dealers regarding experience OUTSIDE of CAM must go in the Dealer Feedback Forum.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:08 am 

I have recently posted about what I consider an unethical behaviour of user lawmankit, but the post and all the interesting answers have disappeared misteriously. I have asked the moderator about it and received no answer.... Has this happened to other users before?

It looks like there is a hidden interest to protect this user for whatever reason (which obviously leaves me unprotected)... not a very nice feeling!

Lawmankit has now posted negative feedback for me, which can't be justified by any means! It is just a revenge. In my post to the moderator I also asked how I can protect myself against unjustified negative feedback. Again, no answer. Can anybody help me?

Thank you!

Last edited by audioalex on Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:28 am 

Ok moderators.. same revenge senario for me on negative feedback that i wanted removed.. MAN up or delete my account . I have no problem spending my hard earned money on Audiogon.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:20 am 

audioalex wrote:
I have recently posted about what I consider an unethical behaviour of user lawmankit, but the post and all the interesting answers have disappeared misteriously. I have asked the moderator about it and received no answer.... Has this happened to other users before?

It looks like there is a hidden interest to protect this user for whatever reason (which obviously leaves me unprotected)... not a very nice feeling!

Lawmankit has now posted negative feedback for me, which can't be justified by any means! It is just a revenge. In my post to the moderator I also asked how I can protect myself against unjustified negative feedback. Again, no answer. Can anybody help me?

Thank you!

Both negative feedbacks seem to be visible?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:05 am 

Yes, what has disapeared is my post in this negative feedback forum and al replies!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:50 am 

Did he not offer you a pro-rated return of funds if you sent back the defective cones?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:09 am 

brf wrote:
Did he not offer you a pro-rated return of funds if you sent back the defective cones?

That is not what I am talking about here! But no, unfortunately he never offered a FULL refund if I returned the cones, only a partial one, which is why I decided to leave negative feedback. The cones were not worn off, they were destroyed! No honest seller would ever offer cones in such a condition for sale!

My complaint now is twofold:

1.- lawmankit has left negative feedback for me, a buyer that payed the agreed price and received six completely damaged cones. How can I remove this extremely unfair feedback which is obviously a revenge?

2.- My post on this negative feedback formum has been deleted by the moderators without any explanation and they don't answer any questions... Are there first class and second class members on this site? Does anybody care at all? Hm...

If I don't receive any decent answer from a moderator, I agree with derrickengineer: I will delete my account on this site! I prefer to pay on audiogon than to be exposed to such unfair situations with no possibility to defend myself and no help from the moderators!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:19 am 
Premium User

Some months ago I also have what can only be described as a 'revenge' negative feedback...which I wrote to the mods and respectfully asked for it to be removed.

I have had no response to date and the negative feedback still remains. :evil:

This was a simple and straightforward example of what for all intents and purposes amounted to a basic 'shakedown' for me to refund part of the agreed upon price based on the buyer finding ads for a similar product being offered for less!!! :roll:

In this case I think the buyer suffers from a 'Ready, Shoot, Aim' syndrome!!! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:15 am 

My proposal to the moderators:

Eliminate the possibility to leave feedback for buyers! What's the use of that feature? A buyer only has to pay the agreed amount. If a buyer does not pay that amount, there is no transaction, period! Hence, there is no need to leave any feedback at all!

This is the best way to avoid an unresponsible use of the feedback system!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:47 am 

audioalex wrote:
My proposal to the moderators:

Eliminate the possibility to leave feedback for buyers! What's the use of that feature? A buyer only has to pay the agreed amount. If a buyer does not pay that amount, there is no transaction, period! Hence, there is no need to leave any feedback at all!

This is the best way to avoid an unresponsible use of the feedback system!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perhaps you need to let it go maybe. For starters the forums are not for
one sided revenge on another user which makes you no better than what
you biatch about. The fact you are upset that you felt the need to repost
this again after it was removed already shows your issues and real goals
here. You were offered resolve and chose to try an get more funds returned
than your claim loss and wanted money returned before goods.

Your above post is actually quite silly IMO. Your just being vindictive over
a small amount that the whole truth is never just your one sided affair.

Using the forums for revenge is what should not be allowed. Use the moderaters
with private PM's and have your proof attached. I'm betting there is good reason
your thread was removed as should this one.

Other unacceptable posts:

Defamatory statements in the absence of proof

Also,

A11. Staff decisions. If you take issue with a decision made by Staff please take it up with them in private via PM. It is acceptable to question a moderator's actions or statements politely, via private message.

Without using the proper avenue these revenge outings with no two sided story and resolve
any claim of bad faith is unproven and can't be validated .
If a moderator won't respond after a reasonable time keeping in mind your not the only one on this site , send it again. I recall your last thread that was removed as IMO so should this one.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:28 pm 

Ohh!! You seem to know more about this transaction than myself! How much did lawmankit offer? ... How can you have such a strong opinion on this matter, without being part of it???

Your strong statements beleaving more lawmakits words than mine suggest that you may have some kind of interest in defending lawmankit...?

Anyway, what's the difference between my post and hundred's of others in the negative feedback forum warning other members to avoid dealing with a certain member due to a bad experience? Why was my post deleted and the others not? I did not offend anyone. I just stated the facts.

I tried to contact the moderators, with no result.

With regards to the question if one should return the good before getting the money back first, there are many opinions. If the seller was a professional dealer, I woud agree that I had to send the goods back first. But if the seller is a private party who has deliberately misrepresented the condition of the sold item, I have no reason to trust him. My only means to make sure I get the money back are the goods. If I send back the goods, I may end up with no goods and no money... On the previous deleted thread more than one member agreed with me!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:52 pm 

audioalex wrote:
Ohh!! You seem to know more about this transaction than myself! How much did lawmankit offer? ... How can you have such a strong opinion on this matter, without being part of it???

Your strong statements beleaving more lawmakits words than mine suggest that you may have some kind of interest in defending lawmankit...?

Anyway, what's the difference between my post and hundred's of others in the negative feedback forum warning other members to avoid dealing with a certain member due to a bad experience? Why was my post deleted and the others not? I did not offend anyone. I just stated the facts.

With regards to the question if one should return the good before getting the money back first, there are many opinions. If the seller was a professional dealer, I woud agree that I had to send the goods back first. But if the seller is a private party who has deliberately misrepresented the condition of the sold item, I have no reason to trust him. My only means to make sure I get the money back are the goods. If I send back the goods, I may end up with no goods and no money... On the previous deleted thread more than one member agreed with me!

==========================================================

Here is the linc to the actual ad
http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/ ... k3_and_mk4

Show me where he misrepresented anything in this ad.

Right , no where so it would require all the correspondence
for the mods to see and you didn't supply it here and we
only have seen what YOU say happened but no proof
but you want everyone to mistrust someone on your word.

I think not.
Its not a question of taking sides at all its a matter of seeing
the proof to back up what you say. It's a matter of NOT
involving the membership to aid you in shaming someone
that offered you a refund had you of chosen to send the
cones back that were garbage and of no use according to you
so why keep them and seek money. That makes no sense
if one is to believe what you say now.
Just like you accussing and insinuating I have personal involvment
with the seller is something you best beware of doing Alex.
In your wrecklessness to attack a member who did offer you a
refund you have only made yourself a buyer to stay away from
and one whos actions here show are not worth the trouble.

Last edited by Jimmi on Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:54 pm 
Premium User

audioalex wrote:
... On the previous deleted thread more than one member agreed with me!

...and more than one member strongly disagreed with you!!!

The best advice, IMO, that you were given in that thread was to return the damaged ones (what good are they to you anyway???) and allow Ken to refund that portion of the money. In fact...it was suggested that you simply agree to whatever that sum would have been WITHOUT having to send the damaged ones back so as not to incur any extra postage.

Seems you chose to ignore that advice and now you only have the damaged ones with no possibility of getting even a partial refund.

I think the best advice to you at this point has already been suggested: Move on.

8)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:49 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:40 pm 

Jimmi wrote:
audioalex wrote:

==========================================================

Here is the linc to the actual ad
http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/ ... k3_and_mk4

Show me where he misrepresented anything in this ad.

Right , no where so it would require all the correspondence
for the mods to see and you didn't supply it here and we
only have seen what YOU say happened but no proof
but you want everyone to mistrust someone on your word.

I think not.
Its not a question of taking sides at all its a matter of seeing
the proof to back up what you say. It's a matter of NOT
involving the membership to aid you in shaming someone
that offered you a refund had you of chosen to send the
cones back that were garbage and of no use according to you
so why keep them and seek money. That makes no sense
if one is to believe what you say now.
Just like you accussing and insinuating I have personal involvment
with the seller is something you best beware of doing Alex.
In your wrecklessness to attack a member who did offer you a
refund you have only made yourself a buyer to stay away from
and one whos actions here show are not worth the trouble.

Attachments:
File comment: Lawmankit advertised two sets of mk3 cones and two sets of mk4 cones. Well, of those 12 cones only TWO were mk3, so there was not a single complete set of three mk3 cones. He offered to me to throw in two additional sets of cones and you can see on the picture what I received... No honest seller would ever offer these cones for sale without saying a single word of their bad condition!
IMG_2076.jpg
IMG_2076.jpg [ 46.28 KiB | Viewed 4943 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:25 pm 

You recieved 15 cones not 12 and you said it yourself
" He offered to me to throw in two additional sets of cones"
:roll:

So you show 5 cones of 6 "thrown in" and expected to recieve
over 60 % of the purchase plus shipping and keep 10 cones
for 68 dollars of the original 195 (minus the 127 you claim your owned) ...............................

yeah , your not unrealistic at all are you Alex :roll:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next