Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Feedback for dealers regarding experience OUTSIDE of CAM must go in the Dealer Feedback Forum.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:56 am 

Soundemon wrote:
drec wrote:

How droll. My only mistake is not whipping into shape sooner on this matter. I will refrain from further comment on the specifics of the matter. I've learned my lesson: deal with things immediately when stuff hits the fan.

or as a seller, if the stuff hits the fan just wait and delay long enough that the original add expires, and eventually the buyer will have no channel to leave negative feedback.

60 days and the money is free!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:57 am 

dan001 wrote:
oh brother, I cant speak for the rest of you but my nerves are really beginning to fray with the persistent whining on this site lately, people who screw up then roll up to playing victims and conveniently blame this site, which is no holds barred a fantastic site and phenomenal resource for audiophiles, and of course they direct it at the moderators who give up their own FREE time, yes FREE time, acting as the glue that holds all this together. Maybe, instead of constantly trying to bend the negative fdbk rules for their own good, lets try to start appreciating this site and the people who selflessly hold it together...because as we all should know, when one stops appreciating something, they invariably lose it.

Oh my brother, with all due respect, perhaps you shouldn't be going to forums entitled "negative feedback" if your nerves fray so easily. I made a mistake in posting my negative feedback originally, and understand now completely why it has been removed. The mods have been nothing but amazing.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:15 am 

As buyer or seller, it is a very good idea to be aware of the 60-day limit on feedback, both positive and negative.

Erik wrote:
Soundemon wrote:
drec wrote:

How droll. My only mistake is not whipping into shape sooner on this matter. I will refrain from further comment on the specifics of the matter. I've learned my lesson: deal with things immediately when stuff hits the fan.

or as a seller, if the stuff hits the fan just wait and delay long enough that the original add expires, and eventually the buyer will have no channel to leave negative feedback.

60 days and the money is free!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:22 am 

Why the sellers are afforded this protection? Is this common on other sites? Not criticizing, genuinely interested.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:37 am 
Premium User

dan001 wrote:
oh brother, I cant speak for the rest of you but my nerves are really beginning to fray with the persistent whining on this site lately, people who screw up then roll up to playing victims and conveniently blame this site, which is no holds barred a fantastic site and phenomenal resource for audiophiles, and of course they direct it at the moderators who give up their own FREE time, yes FREE time, acting as the glue that holds all this together. Maybe, instead of constantly trying to bend the negative fdbk rules for their own good, lets try to start appreciating this site and the people who selflessly hold it together...because as we all should know, when one stops appreciating something, they invariably lose it.

AAAAA+
Thank you mods!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:07 am 

@Erik, you seem to imply that sellers are protected intentionally, but this is not the case.

eBay's limit is 90 days, AFAIK.

When would you have the feedback window expire ?

Erik wrote:
Why the sellers are afforded this protection? Is this common on other sites? Not criticizing, genuinely interested.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:11 am 

Its possible I am missing something... but the seller sounds like a decent guy..let's not forget he took the item back and had it serviced...even though the buyer picked it up in person..if it had a hum at the seller's place during a demo then don't buy it..if it hums when you get it home maybe its in your system. there is no warranty or guarantee on used gear, I think the seller was a decent guy to offer any kind of after sale care.

He serviced the unit inside of a month, is it possible he was put out when you couldn't be bothered to pick it up? If you couldn't or wouldn't make time to pick it up..why give it to him in the first place? If you had left it at a repair center or similar they would be within their right to dispose or consider forgotten an item after 60 days. how long do you expect a seller to store your amp after voluntarily having it serviced on your behalf..if it was that important to you why not go pick it up?

Contacting the police is a fantasy..they don't referee sales of used audio equipment, any more than CAM should be expected to. The first thing they would likely ask is why wait a year to make your complaint. Or why didn't you go get it when it was ready.

You were lucky to find a seller willing to make an effort to satisfy you after your purchase. It appears he considers the matter closed after over a year. I think you have already stated this situation was avoidable with timely pickup. And if the situation was still ongoing, timely feedback on the matter.

Good luck I do hope you get it back. I can't even remember what I bought and sold over a year ago.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:26 pm 

why have a limit at all?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:47 pm 

The OP would have done the seller a favour by outing him since the seller seems like a decent guy I would want to deal with. If the buyer had a demo of the amp and bought it, guess what, there is never any implication that any private seller on this or any audio related or resale site is offering anything other than "as is condition". Sure, if it's one of the fine dealers on this site, they mostly offer some kind of warranty.

Waiting 60 days for what? Who's that busy or not close enough to the seller? The expectation of the buyer is not realistic nor is it consistent with what sellers want to deal with. The buyer should get the amp back for sure but don't expect a refund. It's always a good idea to hear the component before buying it. check out so your satisfied then buy it or don't.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:05 pm 

As stated before, there is another side to this story and my guess is that the buyer really looks bad once the seller's side is told. Having said that, this topic has been beaten to death and it is time to bury it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:16 pm 

Erik wrote:
why have a limit at all?

Why should sellers need to looking over their shoulder indefinitely? There are those buyers out there that have a problem 6 months later and expect to be compensated in some way. And if they don't get it......

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:30 pm 

Close to the Edge wrote:
As stated before, there is another side to this story and my guess is that the buyer really looks bad once the seller's side is told. Having said that, this topic has been beaten to death and it is time to bury it.

I agree, sort of, only the CAM mods decide when a thread is done.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:06 pm 

severum wrote:
Erik wrote:
why have a limit at all?

Why should sellers need to looking over their shoulder indefinitely? There are those buyers out there that have a problem 6 months later and expect to be compensated in some way. And if they don't get it......

If someone tries that nonsense, it lets everyone else know what kind of person they really are. Leaving negative feedback is a big deal. Both parties can be affected....

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:42 am 

You guys who believe that you own this forum make me laugh.
I had a guy agree to purchase a amp from me on Agon and after we agreed on all costs I even allowed for him to give me a down payment. Well I waited for one month and nothing. I replied to Agon as it was marked sold for my classified ad money returned and THEY ENCOURAGED I LEAVE A NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.
This is no different from a person here playing dumb...
The negative feedback is truly a bad mark but mods should look into some better fine print if they are going to allow more and more exposure for CAM...
You cannot presumably agree to a sale and then say that you are keeping the item all in the same sentence and then just get away with this.
Sometimes negative feedback is a lesson to not do something again. ..
Good luck here

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:51 am 

mclsound wrote:
You guys who believe that you own this forum make me laugh.
I had a guy agree to purchase a amp from me on Agon and after we agreed on all costs I even allowed for him to give me a down payment. Well I waited for one month and nothing. I replied to Agon as it was marked sold for my classified ad money returned and THEY ENCOURAGED I LEAVE A NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.
This is no different from a person here playing dumb...
The negative feedback is truly a bad mark but mods should look into some better fine print if they are going to allow more and more exposure for CAM...
You cannot presumably agree to a sale and then say that you are keeping the item all in the same sentence and then just get away with this.
Sometimes negative feedback is a lesson to not do something again. ..
Good luck here

I'm sorry but I can't make heads or tails of what you are talking about. Who here made a sale and then said they are keeping the item?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next