Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Feedback for dealers regarding experience OUTSIDE of CAM must go in the Dealer Feedback Forum.

Post subject: Re: bad deal
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:07 am 

I think I'd appreciate if the seller simply honestly tells me that he got a better deal and will go for that simply because there's more money there, even I've paid for this. Not the best thing in the world but if I'm the buyer in the situation I'd understand. Having said that whatever the seller's reason right now is I haven't seen it's 100% that he lied. Yes I saw a mention of another CAMer who bought his C19 and the chance of him having two of them is slim, but still.

There was once I bought an album on eBay, I won the bid which means I'm in a binding contract and I've paid. I happened to find an exact copy in a local store later on the same day. I simply mail the seller telling him what happened and asked him to cancel the order and he did and refund the money to me no question asked. It's all done in professional way and no hard feeling and I'd buy from him again.

So I believe situation like this can be dealt with in a better way but I don't see something very wrong if someone's getting a better deal, either side.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:40 pm 

976 views and only 15 posts :?:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:28 pm 
Premium User

Happened to me last year to sell a pair of Monoblocks for 1250$ and a few hours later a person who was looking for a pair for the last 3-4 years offered me 2000$, 750$ over my initial asking price, I still refused and kept the deal going, I find it is more than important to keep your name clean and do your best through every deal. I don't think he deserves any bad feedback but most certainly you won't do any future deal with this person.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:15 pm 

good sound wrote:
madmike46 wrote:
I checked the seller's feedback and Highendworld had left feedback on this pre-amp.

Hmmm yep, don't know why I hadn't thought to check the sellers feedback, good work. This seller had zero feedback prior to this sale and has been a member for less than a year. He's off to an auspicious start here on CAM. Obviously he found a better offer after accepting yours. I would think, considering the fact that an agreement had been reached between you and the seller, and the fact that the money was sent and received, that you would be fully within your rights and fully within the rules of CAM to leave negative feedback for this member and should certainly do so in my opinion.

+1 Please do YOURSELF & US a favor by leaving a negative feedback that's why whe have feedbacks i wouldn't want to deal with someone like that. Thank You

PS: Please let us know who he is.

-- 12 Sep 2012 20:26 --

Vintage_Chris wrote:
Happened to me last year to sell a pair of Monoblocks for 1250$ and a few hours later a person who was looking for a pair for the last 3-4 years offered me 2000$, 750$ over my initial asking price, I still refused and kept the deal going, I find it is more than important to keep your name clean and do your best through every deal. I don't think he deserves any bad feedback but most certainly you won't do any future deal with this person.

That was VERY professional of you Christian, for ME my word is more important than money, but it does not seem this way for everyone. :) :) :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:38 pm 

Not everyone comes to the Forum.

Leave negative feedback so everyone can see the deals he/she has made, or in this case not made...

Regards
Ohms

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:05 pm 

+1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:40 pm 

chuttt wrote:
I think I'd appreciate if the seller simply honestly tells me that he got a better deal and will go for that simply because there's more money there, even I've paid for this. Not the best thing in the world but if I'm the buyer in the situation I'd understand. Having said that whatever the seller's reason right now is I haven't seen it's 100% that he lied. Yes I saw a mention of another CAMer who bought his C19 and the chance of him having two of them is slim, but still.

There was once I bought an album on eBay, I won the bid which means I'm in a binding contract and I've paid. I happened to find an exact copy in a local store later on the same day. I simply mail the seller telling him what happened and asked him to cancel the order and he did and refund the money to me no question asked. It's all done in professional way and no hard feeling and I'd buy from him again.

So I believe situation like this can be dealt with in a better way but I don't see something very wrong if someone's getting a better deal, either side.

I disagree. IF a seller wants to opt for a "better offer or bid" USE EBAY. CAM is not a bidding or auction site. I would never deal with a seller that goes back on his word because he got what is usually slightly more than the asking price anyway, which is besides the point. It's not like he was offered $100's more. That seller is lucky I don't run this site because he would be banned for doing that. Ok, maybe one warning then he gets the ban hammer if he does it again.

Post an ad, sell at the listed price or less or, do all of us CAMERS a favour and stop selling here. CAM should also not be for someone to learn what their component is worth by underpricing than opting for a higher bid after promising it to someone else. A deal was done, learn about pricing before you list the item. Sellers like this are often full of shite and frankly, I wouldn't trust them. I would start wondering if there is anything wrong with the component. I would bench test the thing till next week before considering it. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:48 pm 

Nicely stated!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:43 pm 

I read through the whole thread and I still don't know who the seller is! What's his handle?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:50 am 

Dilbert wrote:
I read through the whole thread and I still don't know who the seller is! What's his handle?

SunnyW

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:53 am 

Thanks. I looked at the ad. Mmmh, I won't be buying anything from him for sure.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:18 am 

The guys handle is SunnyW and I will never deal with this character again. This is a warning for every one else on CAM.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:12 am 

Quote:

Its just my opinion but I believe that once you make a deal or give your word then thats all there is to it. You are only as good as your word. Personally I'm not willing to compromise my reputation for a few bucks. Recently I made a deal with a CAM member and arranged to meet him. After driving almost an hour to the arranged place I waited another hour, no show. When I returned home I checked my e-mail and found that he'd received a better offer so he sold to the other person.

I dont want to mention names but the items I was buying were not single items. This person has many more of them and stated that he'd be happy to sell me more of them. Obviously I won't be purchasing anything else from him as his word isn't worth anything.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:09 am 

That really sucks.

I met very fine people on CAM who kept their end of the bargain and completed the sale even though they had received higher offers after accepting mine.

I also had my share of bad experiences on CAM, last one being only yesterday.

I agreed to buy a pair of tubes from someone whom I've dealt with before and paid immediately by EMT. About 10 days later (yesterday) I received a message from the seller that the tubes were returned to him and they were both destroyed. Apparently my address got wiped off so that's why they could not be delivered but not his, and conveniently they got destroyed so they cannot be shipped again! I had received another package from him about a month ago with no problem.

The best thing to do is stop doing business with such people.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:36 am 

As per the CAM rules regarding negative feedback "* Feedback ONLY applies to transactions where something has changed hands, be it money, straight item trade, or whatever."

Since money did change hands this "transaction" definitely warrants Negative Feedback. I hate when people list an item for sale just to test the waters.