Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Feedback for dealers regarding experience OUTSIDE of CAM must go in the Dealer Feedback Forum.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:03 pm 
Premium User

SRAMERS MATHIEU & ALAIN ALSO ALAINBOVIN 1-819-314-6286 QUAD 405 BAD DEAL:
Hi I am here to tell you about two scammers that screw me on a quad 405 amp deal.
It was packed well but when I opened it. What I got was crap. It did not look like real 405. I didn't look
like the one he put in ad. I check amp out on google search they showed pictures of the amps. And the insides of them and what to expect, colours of parts and every thing.
This one can sprayed painted with car primer used in body shop to paint car with. I know because I use to work in body shops.. The top of amp was full on scratches which were painted over. spray paint was on front of amp on heat sinks. The back of amp was a mess of crap modifications that did not look like stock parts. Big hole were din plugs use to be. Scratches all over back plate, paint again on sides of amp. In side was 4 unknown capacitors, which were covered in hockey tapes. So you could not see the value of them was. The wiring was so bad it look like a kid had did it. It was a big mess. fuse load holder on back of amp was modified and was crap. was replace by two crap fuse holder about a buck each inside the amp not out side where it should have been. The circuitry had be change Is probably why I did not work right when used it with my quad 34 new pre amp, which work fine on my quad 306 amp.
When I turned it on with my quad 34 pre amp. The amp had a hiss coming out on to my speakers. Which meant the caps were no good. These two scam artist guys go by the name of Mathieu and Alain better known has alainbovin in ad search. I found out these guys were SCAMERS because they screwed the another person whom I was dealing with. .HIS TEL 1-819-314-6286. NO NOT DO DEALS WITH THESE GUYS> Had to get paypal to get my money back. I had called him long distance lasts 10 times. I am disabled and have cancer, I had to pay people to get me to and from post office to send unit back. But not to him but another guy. Because he said he had another buyer. This is also a scam, because he is using my address has the seller.and my money to do his dirty work for him. Smart guys but now he is pissed off at me because I reported him to paypal. These people will help me get back some of my money but not shipping.. Paypal will help me get my $300.00 back but can't help me with $48.05 I lost in shipping. I made big mistake by shipping it to other guy. Should have keep amp until my money was sent back to me plus the shipping and cost for my transportion costs seeing that I am disabled. And need some special transportion to get to and from post office which cost me. NOT fun when you are doing CHEMO for cancer I need to look after myself I am sick a lot because of cancer treatments.
Dealing with this these two guys has tought me a big lesson. I hope it helps you Thanks Bruce

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:35 pm 

Wow, that really sucks. I hope you get all of your money back and try not to let it continue to stress you out. It sounds like you have enough on your plate already. I am sure you will eventually find the amp you are looking for.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:11 pm 

That sucks!

Here's a link to the ad:

http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/ ... _serviced/

Collecting vintage tube Pilot (Pilotone) HiFi gear.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:31 pm 

How can these guys with 36 positive feedback (no negatives) turn around and sell such a defective, deceptive piece of crap? Something here, doesn't add up :!:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:38 pm 

I purchased a TT from them some time ago, this was my feedback.

"always nervous when ordering product I haven't inspected. Should not have in this case. Product exactly as described, packed better than original and delivered promptly. Thank you Mathieu"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:00 am 

it is strange that sellers with a good record suddenly would do something like this. I have wondered from time to time about posting negative feedback on the forum before both sides have related what happened.