Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:45 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Feedback for dealers regarding experience OUTSIDE of CAM must go in the Dealer Feedback Forum.

Post subject: vpesakovic
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:55 pm 

Nightmare. Don’t deal with this guy, Veljko Pesakovic, he’s a con artist who will take your hard earned money and run all the way to the bank. Let me specify that I don’t know this guy from anywhere, I’ve just answered a Canuck ad and went over to his place to check a McAlister head amp. This is my story, the story of a buyer who is conned into paying 515$ for a head amp as a personal “gift” (I know, my fault) through a paypal account, so the seller “won’t have to pay the extra 3% fee ». I was the one who ended up paying that 3% of course. This wouldn’t be so bad if the transaction had ended there. This seller is insistent and most unstable. Unstable being the operative word here. Beware. The guy volunteered most eagerly to let me audition the equipment he has for sale and even offered to deliver the head amp I had just paid for along with the other amp-preamp combinations (Naim, Quad) to my home the next day. This is where it gets tough. On arrival the McAlister amp doesn’t function properly – either you hear clearly from one channel only, either you get a faint sound from the other or both. We experiment all sorts of possibilities for more than two hours and by this time he’s literally screaming and telling me that the problem lies with my preamp - a tube Conrad Johnson. When I prove to him that the preout we’re using for his head amp is the same I use with my power amp with no problem he answers that it must be the cables he brought with him. So I give him ample choice of reliable interconnects to experiment with, namely a brand new interconnect I’ve just bought, but we get the same result – only one channel works, complete silence from the other. We’ve been checking the headphones eagerly to see if there was any improvement for the past two hours and have been disappointed each time. By this time he’s telling me that HIS head amp “works fine, both channels work properly even if we can only hear from one channel with the headphones ! The fault lies solely with my preamp. If not it must be the interconnects. » Whatever. Black is white and white is black, don’t I see ? I nearly call the police, he’s become abusive. By this time I’ve told the guy a few times that I’d like to cancel the purchase. At first he says he’ll give me my money back in cash since he has no funds in his account. Later he changes his mind and says no way, tough luck, it’s your problem. At last, before leaving, realizing that the amp is definitely defective, he refuses to have it checked at his place (as he has previously offered) and to refund me. He suggests I take it over to a friend’s place or to a store to check. The cherry on the sundae is that this guy has provided me with a copy of the ebay transaction showing that he paid only 250$ for this mcAlister head amp !
Conclusion : I’m left with a malfunctioning head amp worth 250$ that I paid 515$ for, plus the repair costs which will amount to god knows what. Beware.

Last edited by vianasutra on Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Veljko Pesakovic
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:49 pm 

What is his username?.

Post subject: Re: Veljko Pesakovic
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:02 am 

username vpesakovic

-- 26 Jun 2012 16:02 --

username vpesakovic

Post subject: Re: vpesakovic
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:21 am 

If what you said is true, then you need to report him to the moderators.

He's got several for sale ads; click one of his ads and then click the "Report Problem about AD" button.
The mods would then intervene, after investigating.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:01 pm 

As Preda-tech said contact the Mods, although they are more than likely reading this topic as we type.

If he was so convinced it is your preamp, or the cables, why would he not take it back and re-list it???

Regards
Ohms

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:14 pm 

Please forgive me if I am wrong, but did you not post a thread on this guy a while back?

Wasn't it blocked from public view?

Again, I may be wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:56 am 

Kartmn wrote:
Please forgive me if I am wrong, but did you not post a thread on this guy a while back?

Wasn't it blocked from public view?

Again, I may be wrong.

You are. :wink: