Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:38 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Feedback for dealers regarding experience OUTSIDE of CAM must go in the Dealer Feedback Forum.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:09 pm 
Premium User

:evil: The seller of Paradigm active 20's is no idot he knowns how to lie about his speakers.
He stated in his ad that speakers worked fine but he also stated that they were 11yrs old. Not so when I sent them in for first repair to paradigm, there is a manufacture date was is in each speaker for first repair.
Paradigm the repair techs told me they had an up date done dec 4th 1997 which makes them 15yrs or old not 11years old has stated in ad.
This person was real smooth in the begining now that I am having a second problem with both speakers .
He does not return my emails or phone number 1-788-999-4024 his email is gerg466@gmail.com.
I will never buy from canuck audio mart again,and never out of province, this guy is a scammer first rate.
If I had bought from my own city in ottawa and not vancouver. I may have been able to go after him for false advertisement. Law states you must know what you are selling. This is because he lied to me about being in
perfect order and there age I could have taken him to small claims court. And sued him or for my money I losted amount I incured. Not nice to have done to you when you are living on small disable cheque. I love stereo not scammers its to bad it happened to me lession well learned.

Last edited by veritas6-vbl on Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:47 pm 

I am sorry to hear about your bad experience. Hopefully, you can have your speakers in working order soon. Don't give up on CAM, the number of good experiences I hear far outweighs the bad. I have bought a few things through CAM and have had only good transactions. Maybe I'm just lucky but I will continue to use CAM.

How did you pay for your speakers? If you used a credit card you may be able to get your money back. I also have had a couple of bad transactions through ebay (one item not sent, other destroyed by shipper) paid with paypal and have received a full refund both times. Good luck.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:11 pm 
Premium User

Negative feedback was posted on the ad almost 2 months ago, so based on the date of the negative feedback, you have known they are defective for quite a while. Why wait so long to raise this in the forums? Were the speakers working when they arrived or did they go bad a few weeks later?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:40 pm 

nice speakers though :D don`t blame it on Canuck Audio Mart though, you took a chance with someone with one lone positive feedback.
I understand that every seller/buyer has to start somewhere with feeback but that was risky in my eyes because it was $1000.00 and on top of that it was very very far from home.......I hope it all works out.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:34 pm 

Summerfest wrote:
nice speakers though :D don`t blame it on Canuck Audio Mart though, you took a chance with someone with one lone positive feedback.
I understand that every seller/buyer has to start somewhere with feedback but that was risky in my eyes because it was $1000.00 and on top of that it was very very far from home.......I hope it all works out.

IF anything, CAM has prevented many newbies and or experienced buyers from getting ripped off. Scammers are uncovered regularly and booted off the site by CAM mods. So, your safer buying from those on CAM with good feedback. Buying out of province is always a risk. I only buy locally simply because most of what I want can be found locally in a big city like Toronto. If you live in Ontario, there is no reason to buy blindly from sellers in other provinces. If no demo is possible, pass.