Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Feedback for dealers regarding experience OUTSIDE of CAM must go in the Dealer Feedback Forum.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 12:23 pm 

Good for you!
May I suggest the Delos? I have owned one for about 7 months or so and it's a fantastic cartridge. Ed's a great dealer too :)
byron

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 12:44 pm 

thanks for Ed coming to the table.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 8:05 pm 

Dmiek wrote:
Thanks Edward, I'll be in touch to see what I can do. The glue is upsetting, but more upsetting is the fact the seller tells you different stories before and after you buy. Robert told me this was his friend's cartridge who used it for 2 years, then his daughter broke the stylus 7 months ago. After the the glue discovery, he tells me he bought it off Audiogon like this. If I was the seller, I would tell people I bought this broken off Audiogon and do not know the history. I wouldn't make up a story. And if I had know the history, I wouldn't be upset about the glue. So here's my 2 cents.

Anyways, lesson learned and time to move on.

I SOLD IT BECAUSE I BOUGHT A BENZ SILVER 3 FROM AUDIOGON!!!

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 4:32 am 

robert13 wrote:

Why does it matter what you bought, or why you bought it? You sold a useless piece of junk to another CAM member. That is the issue here. All of the yelling in capital letters won't change that. If you really did buy it from a friend whose daughter broke it, then he would know about the glue. You do not sound like a very honest person. Very uncool Robert.

If you can use one of those newfangled Internets, you can post photos in your damn classified ads. :roll:

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 4:43 am 

Stuff like is the reason that once you leave my place with whatever you bought from me I no longer care. Come over, inspect it and if I lied about anything that pertains to the item, dont buy it, I dont open things up and see what inside. If you want warranty on anything you buy well there are dealers but for some reason most people still prefer to buy form private parties used... I wonder why $$$$ ???

Why anyone would buy anything that doesnt work to begin with and then complain that it doesnt work is beyond me.
Learn from this and move on.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 5:06 am 

tomcio wrote:
Why anyone would buy anything that doesnt work to begin with and then complain that it doesnt work is beyond me.
Learn from this and move on.

I think you have missed the point. The item wasn't "not working" it was stupidly made "not repairable" by someone who had no clue what they were doing. And many people buy used carts that need re-tipping. They do not expect to find that someone has applied glue to the insides making them unusable for anything other than a paperweight.

If I buy a non working amp that needs some parts replaced that's OK. If I buy a non working amp only to find when the tech opens it up that someone has gummed up the entire insides with glue, rendering it unrepairable, that's a different story. Especially, when the seller or the "friend" he bought it from applied the glue. And that seems to be the case here.

Something is not right. This is not a simple case of an item being sold as is. The seller or his friend rendered this item unrepairable.

Having said that, I would never buy anything "non-working". I don't want the hassle, I would be worried about the overall quality of the sample, I don't want the uncertainty of the cost to repair etc...

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 5:14 am 

WOW!!!!
This is a real laugh.Issues like this is what people need to stay away from and that CAM really doesn't need.
Dealers who ask for 100% profit and people who sell garbadge is very SAD!!!!
And as far as people buying something from someone and them not caring is a bad attitude also.
I take absolute pride in my buying/selling and wish more people did the same!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck with this silly issue.
PS....my english is fine!

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 6:26 am 

mclsound wrote:
Dealers who ask for 100% profit and people who sell garbadge is very SAD!!!!

mclsound wrote:
WOW!!!!
PS....my english is fine!

Good for you :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 6:35 am 

robert13 wrote:
Dmiek wrote:
Thanks Edward, I'll be in touch to see what I can do. The glue is upsetting, but more upsetting is the fact the seller tells you different stories before and after you buy. Robert told me this was his friend's cartridge who used it for 2 years, then his daughter broke the stylus 7 months ago. After the the glue discovery, he tells me he bought it off Audiogon like this. If I was the seller, I would tell people I bought this broken off Audiogon and do not know the history. I wouldn't make up a story. And if I had know the history, I wouldn't be upset about the glue. So here's my 2 cents.

Anyways, lesson learned and time to move on.

looks like all this reading is helping with your english.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 7:12 am 

[quote="tomcio"]Stuff like is the reason that once you leave my place with whatever you bought from me I no longer care.
Is this true? :|I see...you guys are buds...hey no prob but good luck with sales and that attitude.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 7:28 am 

^^^ Yeap, you leave my place its no longer my piece of gear and yeap I no longer care. Read my feedback and see what ppl think about me and my rules. If you want warranty buy from a store. When I buy I come in to your place, I inspect it if there is nothing wrong I buy it and expect no warranty from you of any kind. Simple and it works. I understand you are not a store, your equipment isnt new. But I also would never sell or buy stuff that doesnt work so this does not apply here.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 8:02 am 

Yeah..Who the hell care what you bought Robert13.....????

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 8:27 am 

tomcio wrote:
^^^ Yeap, you leave my place its no longer my piece of gear and yeap I no longer care. Read my feedback and see what ppl think about me and my rules. If you want warranty buy from a store. When I buy I come in to your place, I inspect it if there is nothing wrong I buy it and expect no warranty from you of any kind. Simple and it works. I understand you are not a store, your equipment isnt new. But I also would never sell or buy stuff that doesnt work so this does not apply here.

How would a guy on either side of the coast go to your place to inspect what you sell? In this day and age of Internet, where one can buy from the other side of the globe, one would expect certain ground rules - like when you said a stylus broke, I would expect a broken stylus, not a broken stylus and the whole cartridge full of glue.

tomcio wrote:

This I respect, no bull****.

Robert13 was accused of changing his story about the purchase of the Lyra.

Dmiek wrote:
After the the glue discovery, he tells me he bought it off Audiogon like this.

Robert13 did not buy the Lyra off of Audiogon. He bought a different cartridge instead so he was attempting to clarify his position on the matter.

The moderators have seen the e-mails from both parties leading up to the sale. Robert13 listed this cartridge as being FOR EXCHANGE and therefor we feel that he did not misrepresent the cartridge.

The cartridge is not "useless". It still has trade-in value.

We understand Dmiek's disappointment that the cartridge was not repairable but Robert13 never listed it as repairable nor was he ever asked if it was repairable.

Since people are now wading in and derailing this thread, it is now closed.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3