Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:57 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Feedback for dealers regarding experience OUTSIDE of CAM must go in the Dealer Feedback Forum.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:56 am 

To all concerned . . .

We are waiting for this transaction to be concluded completely. There has been a promise of compensation and we have to have faith that the parties involved will follow through as promised. We are monitoring this situation closely and we are in direct communication with both parties.

A lynch mob mentality will not help us in our decision making process nor does it reflect well on the CAM community as a whole. We ask that everyone remain patient while this gets resolved.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:10 am 

angust63 wrote:
A lynch mob mentality will not help us in our decision making process nor does it reflect well on the CAM community as a whole.

+1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:51 am 

Maybe we should bombard him with negitive feedback so he himself will know he his upsetted, an understatement, this community..

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:03 pm 

angust63 wrote:
To all concerned . . .

We are waiting for this transaction to be concluded completely. There has been a promise of compensation and we have to have faith that the parties involved will follow through as promised. We are monitoring this situation closely and we are in direct communication with both parties.

As my father used to say, "the piece of paper he wrote the cheque on is a bit too rough to wipe my ass with"

Here's a guy who sells a products completely misrepresented, fails to defend is actions, agrees to send a partial refund which doesn’t clear......AND now we are waiting for the replacement cheque to arrive, certified no less. There's a sign as you exit the DVP at Richmond St that says "Get ready, The Messiah is coming".
It’s been there for over 20 years. My money is on the Messiah coming before the cheque does.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:04 pm 

Glenerd2 wrote:
Maybe we should bombard him with negitive feedback so he himself will know he his upsetted, an understatement, this community..

Don't even think of it. CAM rules state that feedback can only be left when a transaction has occurred.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:27 pm 

Toby wrote:
Glenerd2 wrote:

Don't even think of it. CAM rules state that feedback can only be left when a transaction has occurred.

I know, sorry!, just saying... I would like to say you guys are being very amicable, we don't know what is happening behind the scene, and I see you mods are being very involved.. Hats off to you all..

peace

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:31 pm 

Glenerd2 wrote:
Toby wrote:
Glenerd2 wrote:

We are like that. no need for flames, the team are on it.

I know, sorry!, just saying... I would like to say you guys are being very amicable, we don't know what is happening behind the scene, and I see you mods are being very involved.. Hats off to you all..

peace

We are like that. no need for flames, the team are on it, let the deal follow out...or not.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:09 pm 

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the support, it helps keep my faith in doing buisness online. I've bought many things over the years and never had an issue, so this was/is a learning experience for me.

Quick update: Richard has stated a certified cheque is in the mail, as of Friday. So, I'm prepared to wait until Wed of this week coming up. If nothing is here by that time, as some of you point out, it's probably not going to. Then I am prepared to pass judgement and ban him, or whatever else is reasonable. I'm trying to give the benfit of the doubt here, believing (hoping?) that there are still honourable people out there. If not, Karma will take care of it. In addition, I also get to QC every now and then, and will be happy to stop in and say hi if needed.

Thanks again for all the support, and I will report back here on Wed to let you know what has happened. Thanks also to the mods for their work/support, as I know this isn't one of the nice parts of their job.....

Brent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:32 pm 

The check is in the mail.

Whatever happened to free EMT for small $?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:28 pm 

youre a good man, Brent.
I hope Im wrong.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:01 pm 

Yeah... Good luck Brent, I hope he comes through for you as it is you at the end of this all that has to be happy... not us. We can have opinions though! :twisted:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:41 am 
Premium User

coteri wrote:
Brent for the first and last time stop this impair about me, you know i dont have good photos, i tell you in mail and you want the cd player anyway.

Because people like you exist is one of the reason i put on my ad " if you are near to Montreal is better you can pick up and test before "

Just an observation...Is the unit you sent this guy the unit in the picture? If not, to what effect did you state this in your ad? "MINT" also means just that "MINT"... If you've been misleading either by design or on purpose it matters not, you've been called out on a public fourm to deal with it. So grow a pair and do just that.

-- 20 Mar 2011 13:44 --

TLEGRES wrote:
Erik wrote:
You guys are very generous with him... I'd ban him outright and call the police.

I'm with Erik on this one...we do not need people like this on this great site!

Amen!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:50 pm 

Hi all,

Quick update: today I received a certified cheque for 100$, which I promptly converted to cash. As you know, it’s taken a few weeks to get to this point, with help from everyone here in the close-knit CAM community.

My lessons learned: Don't purchase from a user with zero feedback, and do a little more due diligence before completing a transaction. This was definitely the hardest I've had to work for 100$!!

Thank you all (Including the excellent team of CAM moderators) for your support / feedback, I was relieved to see that I wasn't expecting too much from this transaction. I also thank Richard for (finally) making it right. I now consider this issue fully closed to my satisfaction.

Thanks once again,
Brent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:30 pm 

brents82 wrote:

My lessons learned: Don't purchase from a user with zero feedback

Brent

If no one bought items from users with zero feedback, cam would not exist - because we all had zero feedback at one point. The lesson here is to do your due dilligence *before* buying from a user with zero feedback. :)

ps, here's the perfect example of an ad for a user with 0 feedback that rings 1000 alarm bells... I would definitely be *very* careful.

http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/ ... dr_player/

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:19 pm 
Premium User

justpete wrote:
brents82 wrote:

My lessons learned: Don't purchase from a user with zero feedback

Brent

If no one bought items from users with zero feedback, cam would not exist - because we all had zero feedback at one point. The lesson here is to do your due dilligence *before* buying from a user with zero feedback. :)

ps, here's the perfect example of an ad for a user with 0 feedback that rings 1000 alarm bells... I would definitely be *very* careful.

http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/ ... dr_player/

He also has an ad for some B&W speakers at what seems to be a great price, but no model number. Almost the same wording.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next