Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Feedback for dealers regarding experience OUTSIDE of CAM must go in the Dealer Feedback Forum.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:56 am 

brents82 wrote:
Yeah, its been a big mess. And the latest update was the refund cheque sent to me was returned for either a stop payment, or NSF.....

So the fun doesnt seem to stop. I'm suposidly awaiting a certified cheque for the 100$ refund. My final option is to investigate a stop payment on my original 300$. I don't know the timing on how late I can do that??

Thanks,
Brent

Please post all personal info about the scammer: address, bank, bank account, etc. A phone number may be? Tony will pay him a visit, I am sure

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:41 am 

fazman wrote:
Absolutely not acceptable!!! Seller should be banned period!
I'd be pissed has this happen to me. CAM should not allow sellers like this...

AGREE!

If you can use one of those newfangled Internets, you can post photos in your damn classified ads. :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:43 am 

fazman wrote:
Absolutely not acceptable!!! Seller should be banned period!
I'd be pissed has this happen to me. CAM should not allow sellers like this...

Has he been banned :?:
If not....Vince, I think all the evidence is in, it is clear and irrefutable. Nnow you must pass judgement and sentance.
He should be banned. :!:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:55 am 

The buyer agreed to his terms for resolution (even though the first cheque bounced). I suspect we will have to see how that plays out.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:59 am 

C'mon guys. Who honestly believes another cheque is forthcoming :?: :?:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:02 am 

Bodie wrote:
C'mon guys. Who honestly believes another cheque is forthcoming :?: :?:

Call me naive, but I do.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:07 am 

justpete wrote:
The buyer agreed to his terms for resolution (even though the first cheque bounced). I suspect we will have to see how that plays out.

Regardless if a check is coming or not... who cares!? Ban'm! His initial way of doing business is a disgrace and an embarassment. I couldn't believe it when I saw the pics posted by the OP! And for the seller to call it mint? Pullleeeeaaaaase! This kind of business is what I call SCAMMING!!!!!!!!!!
Ban'm!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:35 am 

In the end, we get screwed by the Govt., screwed by the banks etc. Can we at least buy a piece of equipment without being screwed? Knock on wood...I've always had flawless transactions!

Feel so bad for you...OP, ban him already! Even a kid would know that was not mint.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:38 am 

fazman wrote:
Regardless if a check is coming or not... who cares!? Ban'm! His initial way of doing business is a disgrace and an embarassment. I couldn't believe it when I saw the pics posted by the OP! And for the seller to call it mint? Pullleeeeaaaaase! This kind of business is what I call SCAMMING!!!!!!!!!!
Ban'm!!!!!!!!!!

I think if they were intending to ban him, they would have done so already. They may still pending what happens here.

And besides, what do you think banning really accomplishes? All he has to do is post from another IP, or obtain a different one from his ISP (a very, very easy task), after creating another UserID, so what's the point?

It's better that we know who he is so we can be wary of his conduct, rather than him being a complete stranger again.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:52 am 

If you don't buy blindly from strangers, this simply can't happen.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:03 am 

justpete wrote:
fazman wrote:
Ban'm!!!!!!!!!!

I think if they were intending to ban him, they would have done so already. They may still pending what happens here.

And besides, what do you think banning really accomplishes? All he has to do is post from another IP, or obtain a different one from his ISP (a very, very easy task), after creating another UserID, so what's the point?

It's better that we know who he is so we can be wary of his conduct, rather than him being a complete stranger again.

You're right... but it still doesn't mean that CAM should do what's right? We all have to kind of watch each other's backs to prevent this from happening. If he pops up again under a different name then hopefully someone will recognize him.
I still say... Ban'm!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:12 am 

Musicware4u wrote:

True.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:20 am 

justpete wrote:
Musicware4u wrote:

True.

This is definitely the safe way of doing business... but most of us wouldn't end up getting the gear we want if we limited it to just doing business locally. That's why we have a feedback system in place so that people can build their reputations and have others "trust" them when purchasing. If I want to buy something from someone in BC (and I have thanks to a great guy out there!) then I should be able to trust him based on what others have to say about doing business with him. If enough people like doing business with him then chances are I will too... still a risk mind you but a small one to take IMO.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:26 am 

banning him is meant to be a symbol. we here, the members of cam are an honourable bunch and we will not willingly allow one bad apple to spoil the whole bunch.

Ban him Vincent. The community has spoken!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:41 am 

I also aggree, this individual shouldn't be allowed to use CAM to buy or sell. His conduct shouldn't be tollerated.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next