Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:59 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Feedback for dealers regarding experience OUTSIDE of CAM must go in the Dealer Feedback Forum.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:39 pm 

Hi All,

I just wanted to send a warning to be careful if you are thinking of buying or selling with this user. He advertised a CD player for sale, which clearly showed the condition of the unit as being in "mint" condition (including a nice picture of the back of the unit, showing the serial number and build date).

When I revieved the player, it was in pretty bad shape, with most of the numeric keypad buttons not working, and the back of the unit had been subjected to water damage of some sort. I couldnt figure out how this happened, when my wife pointed out that the serial number and build date from his online ad pictures were different from the one we had recieved! He had showed one unit online, and shipped me another! When I challenged him on this, he avoided the questions, but did conveniently remove the pictures that showed the other units SN and build date! Sneaky and fradulant! Luckily I saved copies of his "as advertised" unit to prove my point to anyone that wants to see.

Anyway, just a heads up, be careful if you are thinking of dealing with this character from Quebec, as I see he's got a few other items listed. Please be careful!

Kind regards,
Brent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:54 pm 

Agreed. Very poor form from Mr. Cote.

This post has been moved to the Negative Feedback forum.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:59 pm 

The bait and switch. Not cool.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:07 pm 

Isn't that fraud? Can't you report it to the authorities?

-- 28 Feb 2011 00:12 --

The mods should delete the rest of his classifieds until he makes good with this transaction.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:02 pm 

Otta-what? wrote:
Isn't that fraud? Can't you report it to the authorities?

-- 28 Feb 2011 00:12 --

The mods should delete the rest of his classifieds until he makes good with this transaction.

I totally agree. If the OP can prove that the goods were grossly misrepresented, and that the seller didn't agree to a refund, then the seller shall not be allowed to sale anything. His ads should be removed.

Lee

Behringer DCX2496 - DEQ1024 - CX3400
Quad 405 & 606 - Adcom GFA-5500 - Technics SU-9060 - Yamaha P2200 x 4
JBL Pro 4520 w/2225h and 2235h/2245/1800GTi subs - 2397 w/2241J - 2402/04/05

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:38 pm 

Hi Brent,

If you can unequivocally prove that this seller has committed fraud here, by forwarding the mod team a complete copy of the emails between you two including time/date stamps, the captured pics you have of the player he advertised, and some pics of the damaged player you received that show the different serial and date code- Then staff will permanently ban the seller from the site if he doesn't promptly rectify this situation to your 100% satisfaction. Forward the requested info to the moderators@canuckaudiomart.com email box please.

Regards,
MTB Vince

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:23 pm 

MTB Vince wrote:
Then staff will permanently ban the seller from the site if he doesn't promptly rectify this situation to your 100% satisfaction.

Obviously, this issue needs to be investigated. However, when a seller posts pictures without qualifying them, isn't it the standard implication that they are the pictures of the unit in question? If so, then I think that if the seller sends a different unit, he's already committing a misrepresentation, which should make his membership on this site questionable, regardless of whether he rectifies the situation or not.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:28 pm 

everton wrote:
MTB Vince wrote:
Then staff will permanently ban the seller from the site if he doesn't promptly rectify this situation to your 100% satisfaction.

Obviously, this issue needs to be investigated. However, when a seller posts pictures without qualifying them, isn't it the standard implication that they are the pictures of the unit in question? If so, then I think that if the seller sends a different unit, he's already committing a misrepresentation, which should make his membership on this site questionable, regardless of whether he rectifies the situation or not.

If the seller edited the ad in the interim to remove said damning photos, then as I stated, staff would need the captured copy of those original ad pictures (which the complainant says he has) to prove that the seller committed fraud.

Happy Trails!
MTB Vince

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:35 pm 

Thanks for outing him.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:48 pm 

Brent for the first and last time stop this impair about me, you know i dont have good photos, i tell you in mail and you want the cd player anyway.

Because people like you exist is one of the reason i put on my ad " if you are near to Montreal is better you can pick up and test before "

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:32 pm 

coteri wrote:
Brent for the first and last time stop this impair about me, you know i dont have good photos, "

I read your ad. You said the CDP is in and you quote "mint" condition. So do you know what "mint" means? Yes, sometimes someone's mint is another person's very good condition but not some beat up shape like the guy said. Either he is lying or you are.

I checked your other ad too and your pictures seem fine so don't blame the camera??!!

Last edited by BusterDcat on Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:53 pm 

BusterDcat wrote:
coteri wrote:
Brent for the first and last time stop this impair about me, you know i dont have good photos, "

I read your ad. You said the CDP is in and you quote "mint" condition. So do you know what "mint" means? Yes, sometimes someone's mint is another person's very good condition but not some beat up shape like the guy said. Either he is lying or you are.

I checked your other ad too and your pictures seem fine so don't blame the camera??!!

BTW, did you know you got another negative feedback from another member?

Maybe the OP should post advertised and actual pictures...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:00 pm 

Make it right.Have him ship the player back and reimburse him.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:56 pm 

Hi All,

Sorry for the late reply....it was a LONGGGGGG day at the office today......

Here is a picture of the back of the unit, and the keypad, of which half of the buttons dont work, including the skip back key. Also, the pause LED doesnt seem to work either. That's bad enought, but the unit also seems to have some salt water damage. Perhaps it was used in a pool environment, or other wet location?

You guys be the judge, is this mint, or not mint? I cant figure out how to resize the pictures, so I will add another in the next post. I have many more hi-res pictures if you want to see them.

MTBVince, I've sent you an email with all the corresponance, along with my pictures. Please let me know if you need anything else.

I would have been willing to pay 200$ for this player (a 100$ refund), not the 300$ I paid as it does play. Ideally, I'd like my money back, but I dont trust him enought to send the player back first (as then I would have nothing to show for my $).

I agree, he needs to make it right. If he feels it's that "mint", just take it back. Or refund some of my $ to cover the cost of replacing the keypad and damaged XLR connectors. I've tried to clean them with all sorts of things, and nothing gets it off. I haven't looked inside yet, so that could be another can of worms.

Thanks for your support guys. Please be careful! I got burnt on this one, the first time in many years of dealing with people online.

Brent

-- 01 Mar 2011 02:58 --

Here is one of the keypad

Attachments:
Stuck Keypad.jpg
Stuck Keypad.jpg [ 505.8 KiB | Viewed 8910 times ]
Green Goo.jpg
Green Goo.jpg [ 404.4 KiB | Viewed 8913 times ]
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:46 pm 

Wow, looking at that xlr, the only tag on this ad should have been "Needs Repair"!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next