Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Feedback for dealers regarding experience OUTSIDE of CAM must go in the Dealer Feedback Forum.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:19 pm 

That does sound weird...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:22 pm 

CAM has been a great place to do business and I have met some good people here...I would not want to see that change,yet the hogwash going on here lately is setting the stepping stones for needed change.....I have a 100% positive feedback on E-bay and do my best to keep it that way...customer satisfaction...Unfortuneately there are many people out there who just want to make a buck and don't care how they do it....The anonimity the net has created has become a wall many like Vlad20001 hide behind and others use to hurl insults and unwarranted negative feedback...In Vlad's case he is racking up at least 2 (-)'s on Ebay a month,he doesnt seem to care,and seems to accept it as part of doing business...Perhaps one who is a seller on CAM should submit their user names on any other auction/classifieds site so those who may wish to do business with them have some reference of that sellers/buyers modus operandii...Then they can decide if they will deal with that person...Take the anonimity out of CAM and any problems will be resolved,including scammers.... ...Unfortuneately greed feeds most scams and that is why they(scammers) are doing what they do....Also some way of confirming someones place of business/residence...One can go into E-bay and find any users address,especially if you have a transaction with them....Ebay also does not allow more than one user per address...And addresses should be confirmed..If one knows he can be found he is unlikely to do wrong...Perhaps it is best there is NO FEEDBACK SYSTEM at all as ADMIN cannot police it,cannot confirm users identity and address and does not carry the actual transaction of funds through CAM's system as E-bay does..CAM has no way to confirm a transaction actually took place between two parties..Let alone being able to deal with any fraud that may have taken place..Unless CAM can afford to put a system in place as Ebay's ,abuse will continue and ADMIN will be spending too much time stepping in........In Steve's case I don't blame him for getting the (-) against him errased...The party who placed it is hiding the fact he was angry Steve made a large profit on an item he sold to someone else(whom Steve bought it from)....It is a small world and things change hands quickly....I have watched items go through several people in a matter of days...That is business,someone sees an opportunity and jumps on it....Knowledge is money...CAM is a very small world as most users are in Ontario and Quebec and many of us know (personally or through another user)of the others who do business here...Yes it is caveat emptor but I think CAM as a community of more or less good people will simply exclude the bad eggs by ignoring them and not doing business with them...If the scammers and bad business people don't go away then ADMIN must step in....So many worms have been let out of the can on this one I think ADMIN should open a discussion on how problems be dealt with and keep on hand someone who can provide legal advice as this can of worms can turn into a really bad smell and cause the end of CAM (as we know it now) and the good it does for most of us....

Matt...

Post subject: feedback
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:14 am 

xxxx

Last edited by jwatson on Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:52 am 

Hey JWATSON,good to know the entire story...What I heard was from a friend who had Steve pick up/purchase an item from....It sounds like you did OK with the deal....I am sorry if anything offended you....Do you think changes are needed at CAM? I would like to see some discussion on the topic....I personally don't think the feedback system will work as intended ...but CAM would not be able to implement a system like Ebay's..Mainly because this is a free site and I would imagine if changes were made it could not run for long without CAM having to introduce a fee schedule....Let's hope it won't come to that and that things cool off...

Matt...

Post subject: possible changes
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:29 pm 

xxxx

Last edited by jwatson on Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:06 pm 
Site Admin

I think revisiting the general feedback is a good idea.

We don't make the feedback rules just because people complain about them. We have these rules in place because it really difficult to resolve feedback disputes that have no basis on physical exchanges. Each party tends to have a very similar problem describing the other party as being the one at fault.

General feedback may be removed altogether... If you guys have seen general feedback models that work well I'm all ears.

Our next update will be to lock down feedback to registered users so it can be somewhat better managed.

Post subject: auction items
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:52 pm 

1. I am mildly annoyed at sellers who do not ask for a price, but simply say highest offer takes it. That's what ebay is for...
2. I backed out of a deal when I learned the seller had replaced one of the woofers in a Pioneer HPM-100 speaker with a generic one.
This info was given after the deal was finalized.
At least he told me before I drove 200kms to pick them up.
I see nothing wrong with backing out of that one.

Phil

Post subject: Re: auction items
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:56 pm 

whaleoil wrote:
1. I am mildly annoyed at sellers who do not ask for a price, but simply say highest offer takes it. That's what ebay is for...
2. I backed out of a deal when I learned the seller had replaced one of the woofers in a Pioneer HPM-100 speaker with a generic one.
This info was given after the deal was finalized.
At least he told me before I drove 200kms to pick them up.
I see nothing wrong with backing out of that one.

Phil

I prefer a price in a listing as well. What is really fun is when the seller lists no price and asks for an offer and then comes unglued when he doesnÂ’t like the number you throw at him.

I think you made the right call pulling out of that deal. Years back I made the mistake of buying some EPIÂ’s with a generic driver replacement in one of the cabinets and it sounded horribly wrong.

My only regret was not hanging on to them and hunting down a matching driver. Bit who knew the Internet would come along and make the hunt for obscure parts so much easierÂ…..

Welcome to CAM by the way.....

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 8:14 am 

replying as to the earlier stages of this post. as it is improper to post negative feedback on deals that fell thru, i won't. however, i have had a similar experience very recently.

responded to an add same day. buyer returned 'best price with shipping' that evening

at 830 am i agreed to his terms, said i was ready to buy and offered to split pay pal fees.
at 11 am he replied that he appreciated splitting the pay pal fees and i could paypal to his email address. there was no invoice or paypal info. and he asked for my address, which i had already given him.
at 430pm he emailed again saying he had sold the item locally, that he had no choice as the other guy had the money to him first.
i originally replied saying no big deal, as i had not seen the 11am email til i got home(about 530).(i received the 430 at work, didnt get the 11am until i logged in to home account) upon reading the 11am email again i was disturbed. i met all his terms and agreed to buy the item. he then agreed to sell the item to me, but gave me just the afternoon to respond.
i believe he bargained in bad faith and broke our deal. he obviously got a better offer, had some sellers remorse and reneged on our agreement. negative feedback should be left so another CAM member doesn't have the same experience.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 8:32 am 

People do you get 200 replies to your posted adds!
If you knew the amount of times i have to reply to "interested in your item" give me more details, can you go lower type thing and the time i often lost replying sometimes in vein......get over it and move on, that's part of selling, a lot has to do with timing.
To me that does not warrant a "Negative" feedback, people do not get into a legal contract with a seller here on CAM untill money has been exchanged, before that anything goes and subject to sudden change.
Once the money is sent and secured thats when you are in a contract to do your part of the job, which is making sure the item gets shipping in a timely and safe manner to the person who purchased the item.

Post subject: Re: What About Liars....
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 8:46 am 

shion_ca wrote:
What about poeple who in writing give their word they will purchase something and then go back on their promise, thus costing you other sales you could have made, deals you'd counted on having the money for, etc.

I believe they should recieve negative feedback and yet this would not be allowed given your rules. They technically entered into a legal contract and then backed out. Sounds like negative feedback time for me.

~S

I disagree strongly. As far as I'm concerened a deal is not a deal until the fat lady sings and before that the seller should expect anything and be smart about not limiting opportunities due to declared intentions, including promises, of prospects.

By the same virtue a buyer should not be able to enter negative feedback for a seller who let a piece go to someone else after he/she (buyer) declared a firm intention to buy.

An astute seller should always make interested parties aware that all balls are in the air until goods/money is exchanged.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:41 am 

I understand that many sellers have had buyers renege on their promises and vice versa. But I disagree with the solution that whoever gets cash into the seller's hands first will get the product despite a firm commitment from another buyer. CAM is based on trust and honour, and we should promote these virtues. I'm all for being to post a negative feedback on buyers or sellers who don't keep their words. The evidence will be there in the form of an e-mail trail.

Sure...Sometimes a buyer or a seller may have to back out of a deal due to something outside their control. But the other side can choose to accept the reason and let it go, or to leave a negative feedback. The threat of a negative feedback will force both buyers and sellers to be more careful before they agree to a deal. In the long run, this will lessen the hassles to both sides.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:32 am 

i think the part that cemented the agreement is the seller requested payment in his email @ 11am. then sold it to someone else. had i moved a little faster i would have sent the payment as requested, and he would have sold it twice. i believe that by the time the guy has agreed to the price and again requested you forward the payment, i would say a deal has been struck.

-- 15 May 2011 21:06 --

he informs me now that he got more money from a local guy, i asked why he would ask me to pay him via paypal if he already had another buyer, he says he thinks its okay to make deals with several buyers like this and then refund the money to the people that didn't get the item.!!!! :shock:

im not supposed to leave negative feedback on this guy?

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 1:09 pm 

I just had an incident where I made a deal with someone for a processor. After a few emails back and forth over the price, we settled on a selling price. I sent the full payment by PayPal and waited a few days for a tracking number. Three days after sending the money I get an email from PayPal giving me a refund and the explanation from the seller was that he broke something on it and can't sell it now. Ok, but the ad is still running. So I have a friend send him an email requesting info about the item and he tells them it is for sale and is in perfect condition. And that it has never been damaged or had any repairs. Huh?
So I guess he just decided he wanted more money. But isn't it a signed deal when I send him the money? Can someone just cancel a deal after payment is made? And worse yet, to lie about it and continue to try to sell it? Shouldn't a person be able to post negative feedback to warn other buyers about this type of poor selling practices?

Post subject: Re: What About Liars....
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 1:46 pm 

[quote="shion_ca"]What about poeple who in writing give their word they will purchase something and then go back on their promise, thus costing you other sales you could have made, deals you'd counted on having the money for, etc.

I believe they should recieve negative feedback and yet this would not be allowed given your rules. They technically entered into a legal contract and then backed out. Sounds like negative feedback time for me.

~S[/quote]

If I had $100 bucks cash for the number of times ( twice this week actually ) where a member committed to a firm purchase, then backed out, I'd be rich ! In turn, what I have learned is that although I will committ to selling a product to anyone who makes a verbal, phone call or e-mail committment to purchase it, but without a deposit, it is still very much "for sale" to anyone else who offers the money in hand, an EMT or Paypal instantly. If you're seriously interested in buying the product, and make a committment, then bloody well buy it. Don't make me a promise, then string me out for 3 days only to back out .... A serious buyer either sends money immediately, or drives to you within a very short period of time. No matter hat the case, I will not hopld anything without seeing the green, PERIOD.

I am sick to death of hearing:

My wife said no...
My buddy owes me some money....
I have to sell my stuff first...
yada, yada, yada......

If you don't have the means to buy it now, you don't have the means to buy it at all.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next