Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Feedback for dealers regarding experience OUTSIDE of CAM must go in the Dealer Feedback Forum.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:59 am 

Hey Mike (Proac).
That same Vlad sold me a bag of **** Rega unit and it was my first buy ever from ebay. I was about to leave a negative and he said he would give me a negative which would be the end of me as far as Ebay. Needless to say I gave him a positive although he did not deserve it. I sold the unit for HALF the price I bought it for as it was NOT as advertised. I see he now has a whopping 80 negative!!
I wonder how many other people left a positive to save themselves from getting an undeserved negative??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:21 am 

I agree with no feedback for transactions where no consideration is exchanged.

Sometimes things just don't work out, that's the nature of business.

Last edited by riffer on Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:55 am 

If you need to leave a negative on eBay, you have 90 days to do so calculated from the date/time of the end of the auction. If you waint until the last 15 mins before your opportunity to leave feedback vanishes, you can leave a deserved negative without fear of reprisal. It may seem a bit underhanded, but if it's deserved, it's fair.

Post subject: neg feedback
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:36 am 

xxxx

Last edited by jwatson on Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:53 am 

"* Feedback ONLY applies to transactions where something has changed hands, be it money, straight item trade, or whatever. Do NOT post feedback on deals that never went through!!! "

I believe the intent is to have the right to leave negative/positive feedback ONLY if you are the buyer or seller in a transaction. Third party feedback should never be allowed, IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:07 pm 
Site Admin

Hi J Watson

No circle of friends approached me unfortunately :(.

I took a look at the case from both angles and I couldn't find a leg to stand on. You did not have a deal with Steve and you had no proof of his actions. Steve argues he had never treated you with disrespect. You yourself admit that you didn't sell him anything, your complaint was that he had contacted you and insulted you verbally. Whom am I to believe? If he had given you negative feedback I'd be more than happy to remove it as well. I only had the word of both people and when faced with that I have to go with the rules, which state:

** Feedback ONLY applies to transactions where something has changed hands, be it money, straight item trade, or whatever. Do NOT post feedback on deals that never went through!!!

I am not happy that these types of disputes cannot be resolved in a definitive manner but I think name calling and arguments are a two sided affair. If someone calls you names do you abuse them back? Its hard for me or anyone to know what transpired, and memory will probably be different for both parties.

Feedback is only meant to relate to factual events. If you agree to buy an Amp and the thing is DOA you have physical evidence of a dead Amp and a check made out to Joe Ripoff. If you guys are yelling at each other on the phone who am I to believe deserves the feedback?

I'm sorry it turned out this way but I had to resort to the rules in this case.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:53 pm 

I agree with admin on this ,but when you have proof of a seller backing out and,................ saying that they are going to keep it and,.................. keeping it posted for sale ,.....................perhaps they should be doing business somewhere where they are accountable for their actions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:07 pm 
Site Admin

Gupper wrote:
I agree with admin on this ,but when you have proof of a seller backing out and,................ saying that they are going to keep it and,.................. keeping it posted for sale ,.....................perhaps they should be doing business somewhere where they are accountable for their actions.

This is a good point too Gupper! And not so easily handled. Someone who is constantly backing out of deals is also a big problem. The only problem here too is that its hard to establish who's backing out and when. Its too easy for either side to claim one thing or another.

Maybe an ideal system would almost be one where the deals are done exclusively through a web interface on CAM where we have physical communication proof of the deal as it progresses... but then many people work out deals over the phone so it seems some of these cases will always slip through the cracks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:24 pm 
Site Admin

I apologize but I just realized there is one exception I've been allowing as far as negative feedback. If enough people think that a person is scammer they might add feedback to the alleged scam account. While this is technically incorrect use of the feedback system, if it DOES look like a scammer I will tend to allow this type of feedback to stick around while I investigate further.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:28 pm 

DTLB wrote:
My advice to anyone here is caveat emptor (buyer beware). Most of us(almost all of us) don't know the other people we are going to be buying from so my suggestion would be to take positive feedback with a grain of salt. ask for C.O.D. If they say no then don't buy.Trust your instincts.With the exception of reputable audio shops like the ones here on CAM :D I won't buy anything unless it is for pickup or C.O.D. I would never send a stranger any money, would you? Protect yourself.
cheers :D

Not taking COD isn't a sign of a scam. There's nothing to protect the buyer from stiffing the seller and not accepting delivery...and the couriers don't check for fake money orders, watermarks, etc either, they just accept whatever is given as payment. I posted a thread about Escrow a few days ago. The same applies for COD.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:33 pm 

MarkSel wrote:
If you need to leave a negative on eBay, you have 90 days to do so calculated from the date/time of the end of the auction. If you waint until the last 15 mins before your opportunity to leave feedback vanishes, you can leave a deserved negative without fear of reprisal. It may seem a bit underhanded, but if it's deserved, it's fair.

Unfortunately, it seems you can leave feedback for as long as the item's in eBay's database. You used to be able to leave feedback 6 months later if you knew the item number and put it into the feedback form manually.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:13 pm 

I don't do C.O D. as the seller can get stuck with charges if the buyer renegs. Yes, maybe 1 or 2 positive feedbacks maybe taken with a grain of salt but if there are several then I would assume that person trustworthy. Otherwise why have the feedabck system??? I myself have put trust in people with zero feedback buying/selling on this site with no problems. You have to use your brain :idea: ... A good example is the guy on this site from the USA selling gear way to cheap. :!: Some people are not sure of his intentions. :?: HE IS A SCAM. :twisted: If you can't figure that one out then you shouldn't be using the internet for any form of transactions. Period. :shock:

Last edited by RonD on Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:26 pm 

Sorry, if I was too harsh.. :oops: But, come on...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:53 pm 

Hey, if I could buy a current model $8000 amp for $1500, I'd fly over there and pick it up myself...and have a vacation in the process.

Post subject: Re ADMIN
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:45 am 

xxxx

Last edited by jwatson on Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next