Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Feedback for dealers regarding experience OUTSIDE of CAM must go in the Dealer Feedback Forum.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:18 pm 

My two bits.

In the issue of making a deal and the seller cancelling deal because local
person will give cash in hand now.
I wish I could tell you how many folks from mid-west and Ontario/QC
region have spewed that juice into my glass...
BUT I do understand even if I don't like it as it's part of trying to do business
from a remote place...
""""ONLY IF A DEAL GOES THROUGH IS NEG FEEDBACK WARRENTED""""
Cam still works far better than the e-bay model or the Audiogon model...
To pick parts of a system that work to thange the cam system will in
many cases drag the bad stuff that we don't like with it...

All of us are or have been working in business in some fashion now or in the past.
All of us have had things work less well than we liked.
We take a deep breath and move on as this won't be the last time also...

I PERSONALLY LIKE THIS CAM SYSTEM WITH ALL IT"S FLAWS.
Most of the folks I have had business dealings with or have talked with
have been a joy to meet or to have known..
For the folks who have made my experience more difficult so be it
as we always meet character building exercises throughout our lives...

All the best Les

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 5:52 am 

I have an idea for feedback...

What if when a seller lists an item in the classifieds, an automatic neutral feedback rating gets placed on their name. Every time they relist or remove their listing, the neutral stays. This will help reduce multiple relistings as the sellers neutral rating will just climb and start to out way their positive feedback and therefor will give an indication of business ethic and flightiness.

Now lets say as soon as a deal has been struck between a buyer and seller, they both hit a "deal" button which adds a neutral feedback to the buyers name as well. So now both buyer and seller have a neutral rating on this ad/transaction.

Once a transaction has taken place, the buyer can choose to leave the sellers neutral rating (with or without added verbage), boost it to a positive rating, or worst case drop it to negative. The seller would then have 24 hrs. to leave feedback for the buyer. If the seller does not leave a feedback for the buyer within 24 hrs. The sellers rating would then automatically default to "neutral" with an attached verbage along the lines of "did not leave feedback", the buyers feedback would then automatically default to positive.

I realize this may be too complex to impliment but it sure would straighten **** out quick.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:39 am 

I want to leave negative feedback for a person who has all good feedback. We made a deal through email and it was agreed on price and shipping. (I agreed to their terms). Then I get an email stating that the item "was sold". Past tense. This is after the price, including shipping, was established. I objected and it became quite apparent what happened. Said person got a higher offer is what I think happened. Their right to back out? I don't think so. It's dishonest and unnecessary. I actually would have paid more! The item was underpriced from the start. How do I leave feedback in this situation? Can I flag this account so I don't mistakenly ever buy from this seller?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:11 am 
Premium User

Stony C wrote:
I want to leave negative feedback for a person who has all good feedback. We made a deal through email and it was agreed on price and shipping. (I agreed to their terms). Then I get an email stating that the item "was sold". Past tense. This is after the price, including shipping, was established. I objected and it became quite apparent what happened. Said person got a higher offer is what I think happened. Their right to back out? I don't think so. It's dishonest and unnecessary. I actually would have paid more! The item was underpriced from the start. How do I leave feedback in this situation? Can I flag this account so I don't mistakenly ever buy from this seller?

Please read the feedback rules:

Transaction = Exchange of both money and goods has happened
No transaction = No feedback allowed.

Feedback is not for retaliating against a buyer/seller for changing his mind before a transaction happens.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:41 am 

Feedback rules were read and understood. They allow no recourse for my situation. This dealer reneged on a deal. Is there no way to warn others of this? I also asked if I could flag this person so I don't inadvertently buy or sell from/to this person. Your answer was to read the rules? That doesn't address what I even asked. This is not about retaliation. What's done is done. This is about right and wrong. Is that not what the feedback option is there to address? I replied to a just posted ad, with zero views, at an insanely early hr in the morning. I think between 4 & 5 am. The deal was made, shipping calculated, all by the seller. I then receive an email saying: "sorry the item was sold. Past tense! Now, would a seller arrange for me to buy the item, with price and shipping calculated and then "remember" the item "was sold". I think not.

-- 24 Feb 2014 15:51 --

BTW I have done a few deals on CAM and am very satisfied. I love it!! Awesome site. This is the first time I have even considered leaving anything but positive feedback. I am not a malicious person, just a bit p--sed about this particular deal.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:55 am 
Premium User

Stony C wrote:
Feedback rules were read and understood. They allow no recourse for my situation. This dealer reneged on a deal. Is there no way to warn others of this? I also asked if I could flag this person so I don't inadvertently buy or sell from/to this person. Your answer was to read the rules? That doesn't address what I even asked. This is not about retaliation. What's done is done. This is about right and wrong. Is that not what the feedback option is there to address? I replied to a just posted ad, with zero views, at an insanely early hr in the morning. I think between 4 & 5 am. The deal was made, shipping calculated, all by the seller. I then receive an email saying: "sorry the item was sold. Past tense! Now, would a seller arrange for me to buy the item, with price and shipping calculated and then "remember" the item "was sold". I think not.

I understand your frustration Stony C, but the Feedback system here is set up for Transactions only for specific legal reasons. No transaction has happened here so legally, CAM cannot allow feedback to be left. Well over 90% of all feedback disputes on CAM have to do with transactions that never happened and that happens dozens of times a week.

I wish that CAM could have a feedback system for sellers and buyers, but that would leave CAM wide open for prosecution under libel and slander lawsuits under Canadian law. If you know of a way that would legally allow CAM to identify/flag users you do not want to deal with, please do use the Site Suggestions Forum to tell Admin about it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:23 am 

If you're serious and you have all the details of the transaction documented in your emails, why not take him to small claims court?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:32 pm 

viiu wrote:
If you're serious and you have all the details of the transaction documented in your emails, why not take him to small claims court?

For what? There was no "transaction" as money didn't change hands.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:36 pm 

smally21 wrote:
replying as to the earlier stages of this post. as it is improper to post negative feedback on deals that fell thru, i won't. however, i have had a similar experience very recently.

responded to an add same day. buyer returned 'best price with shipping' that evening

at 830 am i agreed to his terms, said i was ready to buy and offered to split pay pal fees.
at 11 am he replied that he appreciated splitting the pay pal fees and i could paypal to his email address. there was no invoice or paypal info. and he asked for my address, which i had already given him.
at 430pm he emailed again saying he had sold the item locally, that he had no choice as the other guy had the money to him first.
i originally replied saying no big deal, as i had not seen the 11am email til i got home(about 530).(i received the 430 at work, didnt get the 11am until i logged in to home account) upon reading the 11am email again i was disturbed. i met all his terms and agreed to buy the item. he then agreed to sell the item to me, but gave me just the afternoon to respond.
i believe he bargained in bad faith and broke our deal. he obviously got a better offer, had some sellers remorse and reneged on our agreement. negative feedback should be left so another CAM member doesn't have the same experience.

Same thing happened to me, seller made me wait for ever for a response after I said I'll buy the item, then he kept sending me emails asking... do you really want it??????? on those he mentioned he had a local buyer... well... go ahead I said and sucked it up.

On the other side i went to pick up an item, and decided not to buy it, seller was performing "last minute repairs to the item when I arrived" as it was not working as advertised. it wasn't a nice experience, even though his feedback was good, very nice guy though.

Would I leave bad feedback because of that... nope.. things happen.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:46 am 

I got a black mark (red) against my reputation recently. My up until then perfect score is now sullied. The buyer used my first name but not my last, but lots of people here have bought from me and sold to me, so, I guess my name is out there. Despite posting about the situation looking for guidance before answering his claims... and rebutting the buyers claims on his feedback, I seem to forever be stained by an unfair characterization. To be fair to the admins, I was asked for the emails between myself and the buyer but at the time I was in the middle of a tour and didn't have my computer with me. At that time I was trying to ameliorate the situation with a partial refund but accepting no responsibility for the issue. (I sold an amp to a new member who auditioned it for approximately 2 hours, it worked perfectly in a quiet atmosphere but when it arrived at his place with him in the cabs trunk, he claimed it was faulty, it had a hum, it's on one of the threads.) He turned down my final offer and asked for more, I haven't heard from him since. Is there anything I can do to have the feedback commented on by admin or am I forever tarred? I'm wondering going forward if people actually read rebuttals or just pass on an item once they see the red mark. When I see a red mark I scroll through to hear both sides and I must admit to feeling uncomfortable when rebuttals are terse and place all blame on one side without explaining the situation.